First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Why is everyone talking about their relatives? I swerved or (I should say my Jeep did it on its own) to avoid some bear shi* and a flying pig almost broke my windshield, again my Jeep swerved to avoid the flying pig on its own. Unfortunately a small rock was kicked up by a trailer while the service manager was test driving it and that took out the windshield
As far as the noise goes just think of it as a passenger silencing option that you got for free. Jeep is a firm believer in the handsfree phone, God forbid if you take a hand off the steering wheel while driving.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I had a 2001 7.3 Excursion up until a few years ago. It was an awesome vehicle and did pretty good on mileage too.

I never understood why that vehicle didn’t succeed.
Should have kicked Suburban’s butt, IMO.

Rarely see one on the road.

To me, the names were haywire, though.

The soccer-mom kid hauler was the Expedition, and the big brawny one was the Excursion.

Should have been the other way around, I reckon.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
A Jeep Wrangler is NOT A CAR. Using "car" comparison points is an exercise in futility.
A Jeep is a Jeep, and can only be compared to OTHER JEEP WRANGLERS.
Duh Already.
jeep car.jpg

Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Dang, I guess that accounts for so many used Jeeps on the market with anywhere from 100K to 250K miles on them. People can't stand that bad stuff so they trade 'em in for a Prius. ;):)

It's a Jeep babe, nothing else compares. I saw all that crap, but I bought one anyway. Most of these articles are written by a 30 something that drove his/her Toyota Camry to work. :angry:

And, the reason we're not taking ours any further than Montana on a 5K+ mile road trip is because they ride so bad. :like:

Last edited:

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
JD Power's Initial Quality is as good as used toilet paper. The writers and editors of JD Power are like drunken sailors watching the hens from the View with beer goggles and saying "Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar should be posing in Playboy".

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
JD Power's Initial Quality is as good as used toilet paper. The writers and editors of JD Power are like drunken sailors watching the hens from the View with beer goggles and saying "Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar should be posing in Playboy".
Well thanks a lot Steve. Now I've got that image in my mind, and it's all your fault. I need medication. ;):LOL:

ASMSAS

First Name
Marlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aviation
My point isn’t that the Jeep is bad in and of itself. It’s that it’s downright horrible given the criteria that they’re are judging by. Comfort, road performance, build quality. That’s not what my Jeep is for to me.

It’s being judged against “regular” automobiles. It’ll always lose that battle.
Yea...... if I wanted a Honda I would have bought a Honda. But I wanted a Jeep. I think most if not everyone on here bought a Jeep with their eyes wide open. :)

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
Yea...... if I wanted a Honda I would have bought a Honda. But I wanted a Jeep. I think most if not everyone on here bought a Jeep with their eyes wide open. :)
Only Honda's I'd want are discontinued (original NSX and S2K)

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Jeep Wranglers are the absolute worst vehicle EVER made...if you want a car.
But then you are most likely a Boring lemming without a fun bone in your body.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Yes, I still maintain that excepting computer-generated bears, all bears shit in the woods, though. Or near the woods. Or on tundra. Maybe ice floes.
There I go hedging, though... and once you do that, you are lost in debate.
Fuzzy computer-generated bears shit on Facebook. Or Twitter. At least I hope they do. I sure would if I could.