Sponsored

For us who want information on the Sport S, Ace Engineering got theirs in

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Am I the only one who isn’t a fan of the rubicon high line fenders? I say keep the stock fenders, add 37s and maybe a 2.5in lift and I’d be beyond satisfied. I’m already satisfied with how this looks. Just enough lift for complete drivability and I’d be happy.
You are not alone.
Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Wait.. the JL has a front axle disconnect at the axle again?? I hadn't seen this yet, where is this shown? That would be terrible news.

Sadly, front-axle disconnect (FAD) returns to help boost fuel economy, albeit in a more durable electric form, not the troublesome vacuum-operated system of the past. Thankfully, Jeep engineers have a software workaround that allows the FAD to be disabled for JL owners intent on replacing their front axle with a beefier aftermarket assembly.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/1712-first-drive-2018-wrangler-rubicon-jl/

Not sure if FAD is standard on all trims or just Rubicon.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
It would be nice if they could post the window sticker with pricing of all options if it was delivered with a window sticker.

OP
OP
Izzy901

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Silver dash. I actually prefer the silver of any of the options. Silver with black seats.

787FCE18-6D50-42B5-9CC5-45400100730B.jpeg

45ECE751-AAF8-4355-AB80-2C3572F1A2AA.jpeg

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Silver dash. I actually prefer the silver of any of the options. Silver with black seats.
I think I would like black better but have to see it in person. Not a deal breaker for me anyway.

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I think I would like black better but have to see it in person. Not a deal breaker for me anyway.
I agree. Maybe the silver dash is part of the technology package with the upgraded infotainment system?

That carbon fiber center bezel really seems slapped on. I imagine it looks even worse with the standard 5" display.

OP
OP
Izzy901

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
I agree. Maybe the silver dash is part of the technology package with the upgraded infotainment system?

That carbon fiber center bezel really seems slapped on. I imagine it looks even worse with the standard 5" display.
Based on this, still silver with 5in.

272D14B1-D0FC-4C89-801B-8EDF347B70C8.jpeg

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I know people hate the bezel. I kind of like it. It is more like a ruggedized functional look. But I am probably just rationalizing.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Based on this, still silver with 5in.

272D14B1-D0FC-4C89-801B-8EDF347B70C8.jpeg
Thanks!

I think the base 5" bezel actually looks better than the 7".

Where did you find this pic? Are there other pics of a base Sport or Sport S without the upgrades? This is most likely the most I can afford.

OP
OP
Izzy901

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Thanks!

I think the base 5" bezel actually looks better than the 7".

Where did you find this pic? Are there other pics of a base Sport or Sport S without the upgrades? This is most likely the most I can afford.
This was in the “Uconnect” part of the technical sections. They just had the 3 screen sizes, that’s it.

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I know people hate the bezel. I kind of like it. It is more like a ruggedized functional look. But I am probably just rationalizing.
Kind of like an otterbox phone case. Rugged. I could see it being made out of hard rubber material.

OP
OP
Izzy901

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Kind of like an otterbox phone case. Rugged. I could see it being made out of hard rubber material.
And if all the bezel sizes are the same, if Jeep follows the current trend, you’ll be able to swap out the Uconnect sizes and have the dealer flash the software for you truck. You’d order the bezel and screen.

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
The close ups that Ace Engineering posted show a bunch of low-quality-looking plastics scattered throughout. I’m still waiting to see where the price increase for the Sport is justified, aside from transmission.

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ, 2016 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Outfitting Jeeps for adventures.
Sadly, front-axle disconnect (FAD) returns to help boost fuel economy, albeit in a more durable electric form, not the troublesome vacuum-operated system of the past. Thankfully, Jeep engineers have a software workaround that allows the FAD to be disabled for JL owners intent on replacing their front axle with a beefier aftermarket assembly.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/1712-first-drive-2018-wrangler-rubicon-jl/

Not sure if FAD is standard on all trims or just Rubicon.
My guess is it's standard across the board. Every spy photo where the front axle housing is visible has a visible CAD housing. It's possible that they were all Rubicon mules, but I think it's more likely that the CAD is standard on all models.
Sponsored