The_Irish_Weaver

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S - 2-door - Manual
question:

I have both safety packages and yesterday there was a dense downfall of snow flurries and it popped up on my dash "Parking assist not available" and the forward collision icon came up with an X and !, Auto Cruise Control not available , and also said Serv 4x4.

Is this due to the dense snow messing up the radar for the ACC? never had that problem in rain.....but today, no snow and no issues pop up.
Sponsored

runningshoes

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I think it's a contrast issue in general - I have the system warning go off when it's a sunny day and I go under certain overpasses/bridges. Haven't figured out why certain ones trigger, but if it goes off, it's one of a handful locally.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
It probably is the snow (well, not sure about the "Service 4x4"). My wife's Kia had the same happen to her assisted cruise control. The radar plate was covered in snow.

Overland Utah

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You likely had ice/snow make its way into a wheel speed sensor or something along that nature, which throws a code for the 4wd, which then turns off all safety features, electronic stability control, etc.

If you started your Jeep the next day and it went away I wouldn't worry, as it's something the dealership isn't going to be able to replicate. I know it might be concerning for a Jeep Wrangler to do that, but I have had that happen on two separate occasions in two separate Jeeps, both due to driving through heavy snow.

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey
question:

I have both safety packages and yesterday there was a dense downfall of snow flurries and it popped up on my dash "Parking assist not available" and the forward collision icon came up with an X and !, Auto Cruise Control not available , and also said Serv 4x4.

Is this due to the dense snow messing up the radar for the ACC? never had that problem in rain.....but today, no snow and no issues pop up.
My last few vehicles have had similar systems, and snow always messes with them. You learn to turn them off because any build up at all can set them off.

Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Had a similar thing happen on our Subaru Crosstrek in the snow, have not had it happen in the Jeeps (yet). Not sure on the Serv4x4 but the others are more than likely from the snow.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
question:

100% the forward radar. As for the park assist, same with sensors in rear. They're easily confused. I can literally rotate my spare on the mount and it will cause a different reaction with the Park Sense.

OP
OP
The_Irish_Weaver

The_Irish_Weaver

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S - 2-door - Manual
thanks everyone - i had a feeling it was something like what you all describe. Ive never had a car with all these features before - i got it mainly because this will be what my daughter eventually will drive and the insurance reduction - i could live without it but i actually really like the ACC....its one of those features that you never realized how annoying regular cruise control is until you have this.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

An additional thing to check is your fuses, particularly if you've been driving in excessive wind or washboards.

Drove my JLU from Texas to Colorado last month - the final stretch of highway up into Colorado Springs was insane side wind, and after a while, I got the same lights/notifications. Had to drive the last ~2hrs with no cruise, which was ... painful, at best.

Tried pulling over and letting it rest for a few minutes, no dice.

When we got to the AirBnB I checked the fuses and a few of them had wriggled their way loose. Pushed them down and all was well, no further issues.

JFoFun

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU - Sahara; 6 Speed Man
100% the forward radar. As for the park assist, same with sensors in rear. They're easily confused. I can literally rotate my spare on the mount and it will cause a different reaction with the Park Sense.
I just put on a lift with larger tires (34") including spare and now my rear park assist doesn't work. I'm going to try to rotate the spare on the lugs to see if that helps but I'm thinking I'll have to reposition it up slightly with one of the tailgate reinforcement units that do that anyway to accommodate larger tires. Thoughts?

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I just put on a lift with larger tires (34") including spare and now my rear park assist doesn't work. I'm going to try to rotate the spare on the lugs to see if that helps but I'm thinking I'll have to reposition it up slightly with one of the tailgate reinforcement units that do that anyway to accommodate larger tires. Thoughts?
I have a 35 x12.5 on 17x9 back there and I didn't need to raise or lower it, I just rotated tires.

BUT........I also don't have a stock rear bumper so odds are my sensors are screwed up like a soup sandwich and pointing all directions. Lol

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
How is it "not working" does it work then shut itself off?

JFoFun

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU - Sahara; 6 Speed Man
How is it "not working" does it work then shut itself off?
it shows a constant 'object' in the way along the back left and then when I continue to back up, it says park sense is no longer available.....

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
it shows a constant 'object' in the way along the back left and then when I continue to back up, it says park sense is no longer available.....
Ya, that's what mine does as well. Just take the whole tire off and see what it does. It's a combo of the camera and sensors.

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I had to raise my spare up to get it out of the sensor range, rotating my spare wasn’t enough. Although my wheels have less backspacing then stock, and the spare sticks out (back?) more. Best of luck.
Sponsored