Sponsored

For those with Bright White and color matching top..

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I'd trade you my colored white top for a black top.

hah but you'd have to wait until I get my JL White MOAB
Sponsored

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
My wife went from a solid black JKUR to a solid white JLU and loves it. We have a few more mods in store but she's lovin' it! No way she'd go back to black.. I was afraid the solid White would be too vanilla but it's really grown on me. Oh, did I mention how easy to care for!

20180909_141157.jpg
How much did you pay for the hood + install at the dealeR?

zoepup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I went through the same process and decided to follow the belief that if you are torn between two options - chose the cheaper one. Hence, I went with black fenders and black roof. One other piece of reasoning I used was that the soft top is already black and will be on for 7-8 months per year. If I regret it later, maybe someone will swap or I can pick up a good used one. Now I just wait on deliver of my JLUR.

Btw.. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the combinations with white. They all look great!

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Yes I agree a car would be hotter if it's black but we're talkin Jeep come on if it's hot you're worried about it they don't ever take your freedom panels off or your heart up off we're talkin or yo I'm not worried about the Heat. I didn't even waste my money on that liner that they sold that was a piece of foam with velcro that fell down sitting on a car lot the deal you can call me it's a waste of money that it falls when it gets hot in the summer or fall down if you want one of those by hothead they put it on with a he Civ and it's thicker and twice as good. They've done tests on it and they proved the difference on YouTube between the factory one in the high-end but I wouldn't buy a cheap fuzz worry about getting hot t like I said don't ever take your freedom panels off or your hard top off
I think everyone should choose what they want to choose. I just provided some references to technical data on car surface temperatures based on colors to help him make his choice. I'm pretty sure my preference won't change his mind, nor should it.

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
I was going to get all white top and fenders but some people talked me out of it saying i will get rock chips on the white fenders. what do you think ? i really like the all white more i think
I will qualify this with sharing I currently and have always had the black on white not white in white. However I think if u keep stock wheels and ensure you keep the protective film on the colored fenders in good shape you are probably ok. Of you change wheels where the tires start to stick out from the fenders your risk of damage goes way up. On my old jeep when I switched wheels I immediately started getting hinge chips. I just changed wheels on my new one and in the rain my sides would barely be dirty from water spray stock. Now not only are the sides coated in road slime, but I can actually see the water spray coming up where i couldn't see it before. Hopefully others with colored flares can provide more direct insight, but I dont think the color of the fenders impacts the huge difference that wheels in or out of the flares makes in things getting thrown up by the tires.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
On a Wrangler, some kind of full running board will help with the front tire throwing road debris on the sides and rear fenders. But full running boards are more of an on-road thing

zoepup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Looking forward to joining the bright white club. It should be here within a month.

If my new tires and wheels protrude an inch or two from fenders, should I worry about paint chips?

tcari394

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL (2dr)
Looking forward to joining the bright white club. It should be here within a month.

If my new tires and wheels protrude an inch or two from fenders, should I worry about paint chips?
My rear fenders are absolutely murdered from driving on gravel roads. Not really concerned about it though.. I think it adds character :)

zoepup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I feel like an idiot asking.... when you say fender you mean the part the sticks out? Mine are the black plastic ones. So not as worried. I was more worried about doors, hinges and the rear quarter panel. E

Sponsored

K.O.M

First Name
KING OFTHE MALL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K.O.M
Vehicle Showcase
WTT JL PREMIUM TWILL SOFT TOP FOR JL BRIGHT WHITE HARDTOP