Sponsored

For those with Bright White and color matching top..

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
I like the white that's the way I ordered my 19 JLUR build date is 11/5 my 1st jeep ever can't wait !
Congrats on your new Jeep! You can look forward to doing things like this to it, LOL! My first jeep as well...

11B98EB0-9853-4533-82B2-5CF198A547EC.jpeg

9995CCAA-D05F-4BAC-9700-6C8BD1EC2A6E.png

6392F9CA-5B29-43B7-90BC-B27F8A164C13.jpeg

4AEE73E1-88FC-4C5F-8A6C-282289F8B081.png
Sponsored

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Congrats on your new Jeep! You can look forward to doing things like this to it, LOL! My first jeep as well...

11B98EB0-9853-4533-82B2-5CF198A547EC.jpeg

9995CCAA-D05F-4BAC-9700-6C8BD1EC2A6E.png

6392F9CA-5B29-43B7-90BC-B27F8A164C13.jpeg

4AEE73E1-88FC-4C5F-8A6C-282289F8B081.png
Congrats to you also on the new Rubi looks sweet ! I'm plan on changing the wheels to the Fuel chrome spokes and add the Bull Bar guard like yours it looks great ! For performance I'm going to change the airfilter to K&N part # 33-5076 for a better flow and fuel mileage . If anyone has added the K&N filter I would like to hear from them if they see difference at all . Keep me posted on your upgrades I would like to see them !

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
Congrats to you also on the new Rubi looks sweet ! I'm plan on changing the wheels to the Fuel chrome spokes and add the Bull Bar guard like yours it looks great ! For performance I'm going to change the airfilter to K&N part # 33-5076 for a better flow and fuel mileage . If anyone has added the K&N filter I would like to hear from them if they see difference at all . Keep me posted on your upgrades I would like to see them !
Is that factory suspension or have you added some lift to it ?

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I like the white top also. If you go with the black top, I feel that the fenders should be black also for that overall contrast.

phone pics 628.jpg
phone pics 698_LI.jpg
Nice looking Sahara !

DENT1325

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I guess I have to take the forum for what it is. A great tool and community to meet great people. But the downside is the issues that arise seem like they affect almost all the lineup. I never worried about a purchase until I became a forum member haha

I’m buying the Rubicon mostly for my wife and I can’t be worried she won’t know how to correct steering issues on the freeway. It’s a shame the dealer doesn’t have any rubicon to test drive, but I spoke with My service manager (take that for what it’s wortg) and he told me the 2019’s have steering corrected using new part numbers for steering box and some other components

We will see, I’m not going to back off...I’m just proceeding cautiously
It’ll be fine as soon as you lower the tire pressure. Mine felt like it wandered pretty bad on the highway until I let some air out. Now it drives great.

Sponsored

Rich in Dallas

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon, Tesla Model S
How do you like those GoRhino steps?
Bad news, they aren't fitted to the body so they flair out at the rear. When I called GoRhino they said "oh yeah, people call and complain about these all the time and the look worse on white jeeps" Very helpful guys.

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Bad news, they aren't fitted to the body so they flair out at the rear. When I called GoRhino they said "oh yeah, people call and complain about these all the time and the look worse on white jeeps" Very helpful guys.
Lol, damn it. And they just leave it at that? No solution or remedy?

Rich in Dallas

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon, Tesla Model S
Lol, damn it. And they just leave it at that? No solution or remedy?
Nope. They said i could try to talk to the dealer who sold them, who never called back. Now my jeep looks a swept wing fighter jet.

jl wings.jpg

Jcsieman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Lexus RX 350
I think the white wranglers are the toughest to decide on a top. To me, they are the only wrangler that is truly a 50/50 on which top looks better. For example, a black wrangler with a painted top looks sharp....like a Mercedes G wagon. On the other hand, a painted top on a red wrangler makes it look like a mini fire truck (no offense anybody).

I went with a white Sahara and black top....6 mos later am still torn if it was the right decision! Sometimes I think the all white makes it look like an appliance, and sometimes I think it looks clean and “G Wagon’ish”. Some days I’m glad I went with the standard top.... other days I second guess it.

Ultimately, I think the “right” answer is it there is no wrong answer for the white. If you’re torn now you’ll probably be torn later. The deciding factor should depend on what you want to do with the rest of the Jeep. For me, there were enough black accents on the rest of the vehicle that I felt like the black top “belonged”. Front tints and adding blacked out rims will help. Also at the time, my wife, wisely, said the contrasting black top highlighted the fact that it was a “Jeep”, and added to the convertible “vibe” of the wrangler. And the last deciding factor for me was the price. We have a rule in my fam that if you’re torn on a decision, go with the cheaper option. Whether you’re on a tight budget or not, a few grand more for the same functioning top in a different color is something you should absolutely want before paying. I couldn’t get there, and the one pro to keeping the cheaper black top is I don’t worry as much about damaging it when I take it on and off.

42429F19-747D-409F-9448-ACAD47A515B3.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

laurenjum

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I personally like the black/white contrast also...I got my hubby to plasti-dip all the decals and the silver accents on the front of my Sahara from sliver to black and I think that makes a huge difference...but definitely do what makes you happy. ;)

IMG_2526 (002).jpg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Beautiful! I’m 50/50 on this and the only thing pushing me over is I believe it will help reflect radiant heat. At least I’m hoping it will be cooler since I’m in Miami where we see 100+
I was going to get all white top and fenders but some people talked me out of it saying i will get rock chips on the white fenders. what do you think ? i really like the all white more i think

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yes I agree a car would be hotter if it's black but we're talkin Jeep come on if it's hot you're worried about it they don't ever take your freedom panels off or your heart up off we're talkin or yo I'm not worried about the Heat. I didn't even waste my money on that liner that they sold that was a piece of foam with velcro that fell down sitting on a car lot the deal you can call me it's a waste of money that it falls when it gets hot in the summer or fall down if you want one of those by hothead they put it on with a he Civ and it's thicker and twice as good. They've done tests on it and they proved the difference on YouTube between the factory one in the high-end but I wouldn't buy a cheap fuzz worry about getting hot t like I said don't ever take your freedom panels off or your hard top off
Sponsored