Sponsored

For those with Bright White and color matching top..

Rubicon2019

First Name
Elcid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2016 Ford F-350, 2015 Audi S7,
That’s annoying but not permanent. I do have the foam tubing in there. I’m talking about rocks chipping the fender itself during off roading. $100 for a clear bra on the rear fenders on day 1 would have be a smart idea for any painted fenders.
Where do you get that clear bra? Is it something I can order and do myself?
Sponsored

voodoo11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
That’s annoying but not permanent. I do have the foam tubing in there. I’m talking about rocks chipping the fender itself during off roading. $100 for a clear bra on the rear fenders on day 1 would have be a smart idea for any painted fenders.
I took delivery of my JLU on Friday and it's at the shop wrapping the fenders and door handles right now. Worth it based on all my JK friends who ran white fenders complaining of rock chips.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
I took delivery of my JLU on Friday and it's at the shop wrapping the fenders and door handles right now. Worth it based on all my JK friends who ran white fenders complaining of rock chips.
Are you doing clear wrap and are you in California or outside of California what’s the cost if you don’t mind me asking

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Man I really like the matching top and fenders on the Bright White. I'll be ordering a Bright White JLUR in a few months and keep going back and forth on the color matching top. I know I won't spend the money on painted fenders because I planned on replacing them with steel fenders that are either powder coated or painted to match. But I don't know if I want to spend the extra $1000 on painted top and worry about more scratches from trees and bushes when I'm offroading.

Sponsored

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man I really like the matching top and fenders on the Bright White. I'll be ordering a Bright White JLUR in a few months and keep going back and forth on the color matching top. I know I won't spend the money on painted fenders because I planned on replacing them with steel fenders that are either powder coated or painted to match. But I don't know if I want to spend the extra $1000 on painted top and worry about more scratches from trees and bushes when I'm offroading.
My opinion, it’s highly unlikely you will really really are you scratching the top of that often and on top of that if you like heat so be it go with black, but in the long run would be much cooler and it will look nicer. Black will always show way more dents dings and scratches then a painted white top, he will see nowhere as many dings dents or scratches on a white painted top then a black top

76CC1661-1AEB-48F7-B219-D8F7F9123199.png

TurboTodd

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.prodigyperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Shara 3.6 TurboCharged~2012 JK Sport TurboCharged~2017 Dodge Challenger 3.6 Twin-Turbo
Occupation
Director of Sales & Marketing
2 Inch Mopar Lift
35 inch KO2's
17 Inch Black Mopar Performance wheels

I found and order Black Rubicon decals off Ebay...I painted the Jeep badge black....
It came with the dual top option.
I have not done exhaust or cold air intake.....been waiting on reviews....I have had cold air intakes on my past JKs and TJs....but maybe in the future either a turbo or super charger!!!!
Haven't done any mods in last couple months....paying of credit cards first only to rack up again...:clap::like:
Send me a PM and I will extend a special offer for forum members when you are ready to add a Prodigy Turbo System and increase your HP to 400+ with 355FTLB at the rear wheel.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
My opinion, it’s highly unlikely you will really really are you scratching the top of that often and on top of that if you like heat so be it go with black, but in the long run would be much cooler and it will look nicer. Black will always show way more dents dings and scratches then a painted white top, he will see nowhere as many dings dents or scratches on a white painted top then a black top

76CC1661-1AEB-48F7-B219-D8F7F9123199.png
Just coming in on the tail end of this thread, but I don't agree with this at all. In fact, I think the black top would show less dings. Scratches are probably a different story. But something that could significantly scratch a white top will most likely not do much of anything to a black top besides a light mark. It's not a painted texture.

To the OP, I would go black top and fenders for contrast. Otherwise, it starts to look just like another SUV with a painted top...especially white.

All that said, it's just my opinion, and you need to go with what YOU want.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice Jeep. I have the same one also. What Grills and fog lights did you add. I like that set up.
I went with the Smitty built X20 winch, mopar grill guard and Mopar 7 inch off-road LED’s and they are bad ass.

Sponsored

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
2 Inch Mopar Lift
35 inch KO2's
17 Inch Black Mopar Performance wheels

I found and order Black Rubicon decals off Ebay...I painted the Jeep badge black....
It came with the dual top option.
I have not done exhaust or cold air intake.....been waiting on reviews....I have had cold air intakes on my past JKs and TJs....but maybe in the future either a turbo or super charger!!!!
Haven't done any mods in last couple months....paying of credit cards first only to rack up again...:clap::like:
Did you plasti dip the badging or actually paint them? If so, which paint did you use? I assume same on the hooks. I want all red noise gone on my Sting Gray, love your clean look.

RDT300

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Did you plasti dip the badging or actually paint them? If so, which paint did you use? I assume same on the hooks. I want all red noise gone on my Sting Gray, love your clean look.

Thanks. Yea I’m not crazy about red. Lol. I used a black satin spray paint from Home Depot. I ordered new badging and painted them. The front tow hooks I replaced with black ones. JK front tow hooks are same as JL. I painted the rear tow hook bc could not find a black one. The rear tow hook is different from JK.

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Yea I’m not crazy about red. Lol. I used a black satin spray paint from Home Depot. I ordered new badging and painted them. The front tow hooks I replaced with black ones. JK front tow hooks are same as JL. I painted the rear tow hook bc could not find a black one. The rear tow hook is different from JK.
Thanks!

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
I like my white top for what it’s worth

42D019DF-D8B1-40FD-9DF2-F240B1894557.jpeg

AFC7038B-032E-4A5E-8591-D73AA7AC6827.jpeg

49DE39B0-F2A3-4F08-9536-57BD4DEF339B.jpeg
I like the white that's the way I ordered my 19 JLUR build date is 11/5 my 1st jeep ever can't wait !
Sponsored