Sponsored

For those with Bright White and color matching top..

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I’m finalizing my order and at the end my wife said to add the color matching top. We’ve been back and forth between adding color matching top and trailer group. We are ordering bright white Rubicon unlimited.

For those with the white top, can you help me make up my mind. My head is spinning and now that I finally got a deal going I don’t want to make a mistake. I’m older and from miami, I was thinking the white top will help with the heat...?

And on the trailer tow group, I was opting out because I really might only add 1 light later on.
Haven't read the whole thread, so not sure if you already placed your order. I'm in Fort Laderdale, I had an 08 JK with black top that I traded for an 14 with white top all I can say is get the while too. It will make a huge defference in temparature.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Prefer the all white personally! Get those fenders protected on day 1...only regret.

BCFD1496-3844-474A-977F-335814066938.jpeg
Looks beautiful! Fenders protected from rocks forming in the crease?

Sponsored

crushinit

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and WK2
Looks beautiful! Fenders protected from rocks forming in the crease?
That’s annoying but not permanent. I do have the foam tubing in there. I’m talking about rocks chipping the fender itself during off roading. $100 for a clear bra on the rear fenders on day 1 would have be a smart idea for any painted fenders.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
That’s annoying but not permanent. I do have the foam tubing in there. I’m talking about rocks chipping the fender itself during off roading. $100 for a clear bra on the rear fenders on day 1 would have be a smart idea for any painted fenders.
Where did you get the clear bra and did you apply it or have someone do it?

OP
OP
Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Good call, I will do this. Wondering if I should also wrap front grille. I drive highway most days

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Good call, I will do this. Wondering if I should also wrap front grille. I drive highway most days
I always wrap my cars but the JL might be a exception, especially white. A few reasons for this.

The white grill will probably turn yellow. You don't want to apply PPF to the grill just incase FCA wants to paint or replace it under warranty. You also don't want to give FCA a reason to deny warranty.

A new matt black front JL grill is around $200 and looks to be super easy to replace. The PPF will probably cost more then the new grill.

A another option might be to just warp the grill with a black film and not worry about it turning yellow and warranty.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
I always wrap my cars but the JL might be a exception, especially white. A few reasons for this.

The white grill will probably turn yellow. You don't want to apply PPF to the grill just incase FCA wants to paint or replace it under warranty. You also don't want to give FCA a reason to deny warranty.

A new matt black front JL grill is around $200 and looks to be super easy to replace. The PPF will probably cost more then the new grill.

A another option might be to just warp the grill with a black film and not worry about it turning yellow and warranty.
I hear ya, I just really don’t like the look of black grilles on white wranglers. I might be alone in this

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
It's a dilemma with white. Hopefully FCA finds a solution for the yellowing.

crushinit

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and WK2
Where did you get the clear bra and did you apply it or have someone do it?
There a tint place near my house that quoted me $100. Will probably touch it up first and then have them apply it anyway before it gets worse.

Kalimancp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler Sahara JL
My wife went from a solid black JKUR to a solid white JLU and loves it. We have a few more mods in store but she's lovin' it! No way she'd go back to black.. I was afraid the solid White would be too vanilla but it's really grown on me. Oh, did I mention how easy to care for!

20180909_141157.jpg
How did you get the rubicon hood?

233X Surf

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
How did you get the rubicon hood?
I made it part of the deal at the time of order. It wasn't available as a factory installed option so they ordered the hood and all component parts and painted it to match. I didn't want the vehicle's paint blended or anywhere near the paint shop (bad experience years ago with overspray) so a test panel was sprayed to confirm color before spraying the hood. Rice JEEP in Knoxville did an amazing job. It's looks OEM and I couldn't be any happier!
Sponsored