Sponsored

For those with Bright White and color matching top..

elcue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara/Wrangler
I love that all white look. I was on the fence with silver or white and went with all white.
Sponsored

turk

First Name
Turk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR BW
Occupation
Industrial HVAC Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
just one more point I would like to add... no matter how much you try to resist, at some point you are going to add accessories. Almost all accessories are going to come black. Bumpers, roof racks, light mounts, tire carriers, steps.... all of it likely in black. And none of it will be the same shade as the black plastics of hard top and fenders.
I am throwing in one more vote for paint matched white top. no regrets.!!

totally personal preference. in the end it doesnt matter. the jeep is awesome

20180923_085236.jpg

20180609_211603.jpg

wheelin 2.jpeg

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
F69C9878-76F5-421F-B81F-42ECD71A6EBC.jpeg
1B1D3667-1963-4F78-8A93-682A82A69C7F.jpeg
This is tough cause my wife likes the white top and I would enjoy a cooler interior...but since I havenā€™t seen the white top in person I hope some of yaā€™ll can chime in
My wife loves it. Get the tow group if you ever plan to haul anything or add a cargo carrier.

OP
OP
Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Those white hardtops are making my decision easier! Beautiful

Side note: have any of you guys experienced yellowing grille others have?

Sponsored

MYAMIA

First Name
MyA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JL 2018
Iā€™m finalizing my order and at the end my wife said to add the color matching top. Weā€™ve been back and forth between adding color matching top and trailer group. We are ordering bright white Rubicon unlimited.

For those with the white top, can you help me make up my mind. My head is spinning and now that I finally got a deal going I donā€™t want to make a mistake. Iā€™m older and from miami, I was thinking the white top will help with the heat...?

And on the trailer tow group, I was opting out because I really might only add 1 light later on.
I am from Miami too. From my point of view there is no better option than the all white. We loved always white cars and we loved our all color matched white Sahara. Go for it.

MYAMIA

First Name
MyA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JL 2018
Iā€™m finalizing my order and at the end my wife said to add the color matching top. Weā€™ve been back and forth between adding color matching top and trailer group. We are ordering bright white Rubicon unlimited.

For those with the white top, can you help me make up my mind. My head is spinning and now that I finally got a deal going I donā€™t want to make a mistake. Iā€™m older and from miami, I was thinking the white top will help with the heat...?

And on the trailer tow group, I was opting out because I really might only add 1 light later on.
And for the trailer tow group I bought my car without it, and added my self a Mopar hitch receiver. No lighting needed since I only carry bikes. Enjoy

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Those white hardtops are making my decision easier! Beautiful

Side note: have any of you guys experienced yellowing grille others have?
Nope.

OP
OP
Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Thatā€™s good to hear.

The top 2 things Iā€™ve been worried about was the yellowing grille and steering feel. I think by now weld issues were addressed

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Thatā€™s good to hear.

The top 2 things Iā€™ve been worried about was the yellowing grille and steering feel. I think by now weld issues were addressed
How many JLs have been sold? 100,000+? A multitude of issues youā€™ve read on this forum are not widespread. We have two JLs, only the PCM recall applied to one of them we took delivery on in April (the other was delivered early this month). The PCM Cruise recall fix was done at the dealership, but we never experienced the problem, just updated for safety reasons. No other issues.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Carbonalpine

The yellowing grill issue seems to be linked to climate.. Those that have had their JL in hot climates... in hot climates for awhile, are the ones that see the yellow grill issue sooner.

I took delivery in early, May and the grill had the yellowing issue after facing Summer heat.

I had the grill replaced at the end of July with a new grill pull off, off of a bright white, JL that had just arrived at the dealership.

So far, no yellowing of the replacement grill but I'm quite confident that when it faces Florida and NY Summer that the replacement will turn yellow.

I'll deal with that issue when it arises.

Hopefully, FCA will have a factory grill that will not turn yellow with heat exposure and I can get one of those installed. Worse case scenario, I go with an auto body shop grill which is not something I want.

OP
OP
Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
@Carbonalpine

The yellowing grill issue seems to be linked to climate.. Those that have had their JL in hot climates... in hot climates for awhile, are the ones that see the yellow grill issue sooner.

I took delivery in early, May and the grill had the yellowing issue after facing Summer heat.

I had the grill replaced at the end of July with a new grill pull off, off of a bright white, JL that had just arrived at the dealership.

So far, no yellowing of the replacement grill but I'm quite confident that when it faces Florida and NY Summer that the replacement will turn yellow.

I'll deal with that issue when it arises.

Hopefully, FCA will have a factory grill that will not turn yellow with heat exposure and I can get one of those installed. Worse case scenario, I go with an auto body shop grill which is not something I want.

Yea Iā€™m not too worried about the yellowing because it isnā€™t a safety issue or mechanical. Hard to gauge how many rubicon owners have the steering issues, my reflexes arenā€™t what they used to be, Iā€™m hoping that issue has been resolved for the 2019ā€™s. Thatā€™s really my only fear, only because my JKU drives likes itā€™s on rails even on the highway.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Carbonalpine

For sure... I would not hold off on the purchase of a bright white, thinking you will have yellow grill issues.

Can tell you my 2018 2dr. drives/steers just fine, but I kind of miss my 2014 2dr JK (all my past 2 dr JK's) in regard to same.

To me the JL drives more like a car then any Wrangler I have owned. I am not complaining... I just know that the JL is lets say different. not for the worst different, just different.

For sure the JL is an upgrade to the JK.

OP
OP
Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
@Carbonalpine

For sure... I would not hold off on the purchase of a bright white, thinking you will have yellow grill issues.

Can tell you my 2018 2dr. drives/steers just fine, but I kind of miss my 2014 2dr JK (all my past 2 dr JK's) in regard to same.

To me the JL drives more like a car then any Wrangler I have owned. I am not complaining... I just know that the JL is lets say different. not for the worst different, just different.

For sure the JL is an upgrade to the JK.

I guess I have to take the forum for what it is. A great tool and community to meet great people. But the downside is the issues that arise seem like they affect almost all the lineup. I never worried about a purchase until I became a forum member haha

Iā€™m buying the Rubicon mostly for my wife and I canā€™t be worried she wonā€™t know how to correct steering issues on the freeway. Itā€™s a shame the dealer doesnā€™t have any rubicon to test drive, but I spoke with My service manager (take that for what itā€™s wortg) and he told me the 2019ā€™s have steering corrected using new part numbers for steering box and some other components

We will see, Iā€™m not going to back off...Iā€™m just proceeding cautiously

Rubicon2019

First Name
Elcid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2016 Ford F-350, 2015 Audi S7,
just one more point I would like to add... no matter how much you try to resist, at some point you are going to add accessories. Almost all accessories are going to come black. Bumpers, roof racks, light mounts, tire carriers, steps.... all of it likely in black. And none of it will be the same shade as the black plastics of hard top and fenders.
I am throwing in one more vote for paint matched white top. no regrets.!!

totally personal preference. in the end it doesnt matter. the jeep is awesome

20180923_085236.jpg

20180609_211603.jpg

wheelin 2.jpeg
I just ordered a JLUR all white like yours, canā€™t wait! Looks sick
Sponsored