Sponsored

For those with 6qts of oil

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
I am curious if you received dash lights, or any issues resulting from too much oil.
I reported 6qts of oil and the below to the dealership.
My CEL appeared, Start/Stop Service Required (stopped working), heavy vibrations when idling, and code P0390 (PCM detected abnormal/incorrect voltage reading from sensor "B" on the camshaft position sensor circuit in engine bank 2)
The dealership explained all of the above issues were a direct result of the additional quart of oil.
I've had it back for 3-days, with minimal driving.

Any info is appreciated.

Oh, I have read through https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...put-in-6-or-5-quarts-of-oil-in-your-jl.35502/
which made me look into the extra qt of oil issue.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I am curious if you received dash lights, or any issues resulting from too much oil.
I reported 6qts of oil and the below to the dealership.
My CEL appeared, Start/Stop Service Required (stopped working), heavy vibrations when idling, and code P0390 (PCM detected abnormal/incorrect voltage reading from sensor "B" on the camshaft position sensor circuit in engine bank 2)
The dealership explained all of the above issues were a direct result of the additional quart of oil.
I've had it back for 3-days, with minimal driving.

Any info is appreciated.

Oh, I have read through https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...put-in-6-or-5-quarts-of-oil-in-your-jl.35502/
which made me look into the extra qt of oil issue.
@ToPar9

Plane and simple, dealer was blowing smoke up your ass with the code being thrown because of the 6 qt oil fill crapola they told you.... Pure bullshit on their part... Suggest you find another Service Department.

OP
OP
ToPar9

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
@ToPar9

Plan and simple, dealer was blowing smoke up your ass with the code being thrown because of the 6 qt oil fill... Pure bullshit on their part... Suggest you find another Service Department.
That is what I thought as well. I don't know enough to know better, and I thought for sure this would be more common on the boards if this was a legit issue.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@ToPar9

At this point, were I you, I would just sit on things right now. If the code returns, then worry about it.
Good chance you will not see that code being thrown again.. Do get a different Service Department!

OP
OP
ToPar9

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
I may hit Auto Zone or a place that checks codes for you for free. If I find a place like that, I will check it every few weeks.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I may hit Auto Zone or a place that checks codes for you for free. If I find a place like that, I will check it every few weeks.
@ToPar9

Relax..... if you see a code thrown, then get it read or read it with your own cheapo code reader or go to the Service Dept. and have them deal with it.

Get a Service Dept. that you can trust. When you are at the Service Department, ask to meet / to talk to the Service Manager... Make a bond of sorts with the Service Department Manager and then with this bond, you will find your dealings there with Service will undoubtedly go smoother usually. A bond with the Dealership, General Manager is also a plus.. As for the Service Writer, I am cordial but I know they are paper pushers and have little say in what or how, etc., things gets done on/to my JL... 8-)

OH, I am also a believer of meeting the tech that will work on my JL before he does the deed.
I explain and go back and forth. I set expectations and set limitations lets say.. After the deed is done, I slip the Tech a $20.. I find that the SM sees to it that I get a decent, seasoned tech working on my JL... he knows undoubtedly, that I will be whining like a baby to him and the GM, and FCA, if things don't got my /my JL's way so to speak..

In closing, dealer is getting your $ and they want your business... your return business. Seek out a good Service Department and work with them..

OP
OP
ToPar9

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Good Info! I appreciate it.
I don't typically hold on to vehicles very long, but I don't recall seeing this many issues pre-10k miles.
In perspective, I've bought tires 4-times in 20 years.
I know, I should probably lease, but that 3-4k upfront and limited miles are unattractive.
I drive quite a bit for work. I don't want to garage my lease for a month because I am worried about mileage.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good Info! I appreciate it.
I don't typically hold on to vehicles very long, but I don't recall seeing this many issues pre-10k miles.
In perspective, I've bought tires 4-times in 20 years.
I know, I should probably lease, but that 3-4k upfront and limited miles are unattractive.
I drive quite a bit for work. I don't want to garage my lease for a month because I am worried about mileage.
@ToPar9

I blow my vehicles off at 2 yrs. , usually. Still have my JL, just after 2.5 years, as I am eyeballing the Bronco or a Raptor junior as the JL's replacement. I need to tow so..

I do like my JL...

I leased once in the last 55 years...a business owner, and I thought it was a good way to go...
Never again....will I lease... big issue with me is I put on a lot of miles yearly..

OP
OP
ToPar9

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
@Rhinebeck01
Same boat, 2 years, little more, little less.
'10 Frontier to 12' Camry to 15' Tacoma to '17 Grand Cherokee to '19 JLU
Snagged the Camry when Gas was a bit ridiculous.
Sponsored