jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Firecracker Red 3.6L 6MT
DB635365-0CA6-4D4E-BB7C-FF281F234F4F.jpeg
Hey all, i got a question for those who have the 6spd manual JLs. Does your clutch have a “sticky” sensation upon letting off the clutch? Its for the first second of letting it off. Drives and engages fine otherwise. Took my Sport S to the dealership and they said this was normal operation as he drove a few of the manual JLs and experienced the same feeling. Due to a spring loaded mechanism they say. Started experiencing it yesterday and didnt notice it before..

Just wanna confirm with the rest of y’all before I take it to another dealer or shop!
Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Are you able to test drive another one to compare? Or know someone local with one that can drive yours and give feedback?

I drive the manual and don’t feel like it sticks, but it’s so subjective to ones perception.

OP
OP
jaozus

jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you able to test drive another one to compare? Or know someone local with one that can drive yours and give feedback?

I drive the manual and don’t feel like it sticks, but it’s so subjective to ones perception.
They didn’t have any on the lot (and when i bought mine it was the only manual) so i figured its not a highly demand model. No one else i know owns a manual jeep unfortunately

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
The pedal itself sticks or the clutch seems to stick before engaging in realtime with your foot position?

Don't have a manual JL but I had a similar complaint with my past BMW 135i, turns out there was a "clutch delay valve" that slowed the hydraulic fluid travel and smoothed out shifts, but in reality it just made it feel like the clutch was lagging behind your input. It was a fairly easy delete.

Mane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner LTD
I found my clutch to be very sticky or grabby for the first several thousand miles until it broke in. This made it VERY difficult to drive smoothly. Honestly, after driving stick all my life I don't think I have ever stalled a vehicle as much as my JL for the first 3k miles. It's now since broken in though, and it's become a peach.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jaozus

jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The pedal itself sticks or the clutch seems to stick before engaging in realtime with your foot position?

Don't have a manual JL but I had a similar complaint with my past BMW 135i, turns out there was a "clutch delay valve" that slowed the hydraulic fluid travel and smoothed out shifts, but in reality it just made it feel like the clutch was lagging behind your input. It was a fairly easy delete.
I believe that the clutch pedal itself feels like its sticking. Almost like it was stuck on a piece of gum

JohnAinVA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for 2021 Jeep Wrangler S MT
Mine is very smooth as well......

Doesn't sound right - maybe have the service manager drive it while you're in the Jeep with him?

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
DB635365-0CA6-4D4E-BB7C-FF281F234F4F.jpeg
Hey all, i got a question for those who have the 6spd manual JLs. Does your clutch have a “sticky” sensation upon letting off the clutch? Its for the first second of letting it off. Drives and engages fine otherwise. Took my Sport S to the dealership and they said this was normal operation as he drove a few of the manual JLs and experienced the same feeling. Due to a spring loaded mechanism they say. Started experiencing it yesterday and didnt notice it before..

Just wanna confirm with the rest of y’all before I take it to another dealer or shop!
Mine hasn’t arrived yet so can’t help with that. But how can he say that it’s normal and he’s driven a few manual JLs when they told you there are none on the lot for a test comparison....
Good luck and hope it gets figured out.

Sponsored

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
I’ll check on my drive home. Maybe I feel a little “stick” once it’s warmed up..idk I might be imagining that.

I do for sure have a loud creak coming from the slave cylinder once warm..but that’s for another thread I suppose.

I’ll report back

OP
OP
jaozus

jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine hasn’t arrived yet so can’t help with that. But how can he say that it’s normal and he’s driven a few manual JLs when they told you there are none on the lot for a test comparison....
Good luck and hope it gets figured out.
There was a manual in the loaner fleet but i guess it was conveniently rented out.. ugh this is gonna be annoying

OP
OP
jaozus

jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ll check on my drive home. Maybe I feel a little “stick” once it’s warmed up..idk I might be imagining that.

I do for sure have a loud creak coming from the slave cylinder once warm..but that’s for another thread I suppose.

I’ll report back

Please do, thanks

OP
OP
jaozus

jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is very smooth as well......

Doesn't sound right - maybe have the service manager drive it while you're in the Jeep with him?
He felt it too and knows what i’m talking bout, but just says its part of the new spring loaded pedal..

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Mine is smooth.
Sponsored