intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Please do, thanks
So I feel the return is the same speed as the push in. So no real sticky feeling. I will say I feel something else that makes it feel not as smooth but for sure not sticking.

MartyParty

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport, Ocean Blue
I found my clutch to be very sticky or grabby for the first several thousand miles until it broke in. This made it VERY difficult to drive smoothly. Honestly, after driving stick all my life I don't think I have ever stalled a vehicle as much as my JL for the first 3k miles. It's now since broken in though, and it's become a peach.
Omg dude...same here. So many stalls lol between the low torque V6 and the zero feedback clutch...this is my fourth new manual vehicle and by far the most challenging to operate properly.
Ffwd to 19k miles though and all that sh*t is long gone. Save the Manuals!

Shenanigunz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL
mine is smooth, not sticking feeling at all

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
For the first like 1000 miles the clutch was completely smooth all the way through. Now (I have about 3500 miles) pushing the clutch pedal in or out it feels a bit "crunchy". There is a few parts of the travel that just feel gritty or crunchy. The car shifts very smooth and I have no problems other than the feel in my foot. I have never had another manual car so I have nothing to compare it to.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jaozus

jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Firecracker Red 3.6L 6MT
For the first like 1000 miles the clutch was completely smooth all the way through. Now (I have about 3500 miles) pushing the clutch pedal in or out it feels a bit "crunchy". There is a few parts of the travel that just feel gritty or crunchy. The car shifts very smooth and I have no problems other than the feel in my foot. I have never had another manual car so I have nothing to compare it to.
i'm hoping that its just finally broken in and that its just a feeling that was adjusted, as it was smooth all the way til now. But 2200 miles for break in? seems a bit unlikely..

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
i'm hoping that its just finally broken in and that its just a feeling that was adjusted, as it was smooth all the way til now. But 2200 miles for break in? seems a bit unlikely..
Well that is the thing, our clutches started smooth and got sticky. Mine you can do sitting still with the Jeep off in N. Just push the clutch in and you can feel the gritty feeling. Its really noticeable when the pedal is around full depressed and around halfway out. I don't notice it much when driving because I am shifting quickly.

OP
OP
jaozus

jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well that is the thing, our clutches started smooth and got sticky. Mine you can do sitting still with the Jeep off in N. Just push the clutch in and you can feel the gritty feeling. Its really noticeable when the pedal is around full depressed and around halfway out. I don't notice it much when driving because I am shifting quickly.
hmm maybe it is normal.. i granny shift a lot

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Same as mine. I feel the gritty feeling.

Mane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner LTD
Are you sure it's not your shifting style that's broken in to suit the JL?
Maybe, but it's not my only manual vehicle currently, and while everyone acclimates to their manual vehicles over time this is different. My wife made notice that it shifts much much better now than it did brand new just the other day, and she very rarely drives it, so she's a good control for this instance.

When it had no miles on it, it was not easy to get going smoothly in first at all. The clutch was all or nothing for quite a while and it was really inconsistent on the point of engagement, but has since smoothed out over time notably. Honestly, I was pretty concerned when I first got it.

Sponsored

Mane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner LTD
Omg dude...same here. So many stalls lol between the low torque V6 and the zero feedback clutch...this is my fourth new manual vehicle and by far the most challenging to operate properly.
Ffwd to 19k miles though and all that sh*t is long gone. Save the Manuals!
When I brought it home, my wife made so much fun of me. It was like I was 16 and learning again. The worst.

It's so nice now though I barely even think about it.

ely-bound

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'83 FJ60, '19 JLUR 3.6 MT
Only 850 miles so far, but the clutch is so smooth I cannot feel it disengage. I have killed the engine multiple times. No crunchy or sticking feeling at all.

OP
OP
jaozus

jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if there is air in the hydraulic system and that's what we are feeling. I just bled my friend's old Hyundai, I wonder if the Jeep might need it too.
i was wondering that as well. they checked for leaks but idk if they checked that... will ask when they give me a call.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

my next suggestion was air. it would be worth while to bleed it and test it from there. If not im sure there is a soft line somewhere in line that could be failing or breaking down. i know its new but or that parts 1mil made a few might fail from the start
Sponsored