DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have that sensation at all, but really none of us here can say, I think finding another forum member or dealership with a manual and test driving it is the only way to know for sure. Like another said, everyone is different and feel is VERY subjective. At the same time, clutches can be very quirky, too, and have different feel, even while functioning normally.

Let us know if you get a chance to try another and what you find. I wish I lived close enough to let you try mine.
Sponsored

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

When I shift it feels smooth -

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Ill say my clutch is smooth as far as travel. My quirk on my clutch is down shifting it has a weird sound. the sound is identical to the grumble like your bogging it but its when i down shift to use rpms to slow down in a coast. will be taking to the dealer here in the next week or two

OP
OP
jaozus

jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Firecracker Red 3.6L 6MT
For those interested- the symptoms got worst. It feels like i mashed my clutch into a pool of glue and then tried to let off. Sometimes its smooth and sometimes its sticky as hell. Mostly in low gears, 1, 2 and reverse. Its occasionally sticky during my downshifts but is relatively okay during high gears. Car still drives fine though.

I threw a bit of a fit and called my dealership again. Miraculously, they had a loaner for me and told me to bring it by. Car was purchased end of July and has 2200 miles. Hopefully this is an isolated incident..

Got a white base trim Sport with crank windows and soft top.. will keep anyone interested updated in this thread..

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Ill say my clutch is smooth as far as travel. My quirk on my clutch is down shifting it has a weird sound. the sound is identical to the grumble like your bogging it but its when i down shift to use rpms to slow down in a coast. will be taking to the dealer here in the next week or two
That noise (above) seems pretty common, but I haven’t seen an explanation for it. If you learn anything, please update those of us still driving manuals. Thanks!

Sponsored

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
My clutch is smooth and engages normal especially from 1st-2nd. I can feel the engagement about 1/2 way off the floor through the pedal before full release. The only noise I hear is a faint metal clang when seated in higher gear as I shift. I have 2200 miles on her and absolutely love this transmission so far and it’s light years from my old YJ 4 banger.

OP
OP
jaozus

jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Firecracker Red 3.6L 6MT
I found my clutch to be very sticky or grabby for the first several thousand miles until it broke in. This made it VERY difficult to drive smoothly. Honestly, after driving stick all my life I don't think I have ever stalled a vehicle as much as my JL for the first 3k miles. It's now since broken in though, and it's become a peach.

Mine was smooth and then it started feeling sticky... dont think that makes sense for me haha

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
I found my clutch to be very sticky or grabby for the first several thousand miles until it broke in. This made it VERY difficult to drive smoothly. Honestly, after driving stick all my life I don't think I have ever stalled a vehicle as much as my JL for the first 3k miles. It's now since broken in though, and it's become a peach.
Are you sure it's not your shifting style that's broken in to suit the JL?

Happos2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi
Smooth with linear and predictable travel here. Curious on what the issue is!

Only thing I notice is some clanging/rattling right after shifting or getting back on the gas after coasting. Can only hear with the doors off and usually if there is a curb next to me.

Sponsored

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Cheby Colorado
Check behind your pedal; I'll bet you dropped some bubble gum on accident.

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
I’ve got 7000 miles on mine. I can’t say I ever noticed a sticking.

rfm8os

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2022 Cadillac CT-5 V
Nothing like that happening with mine, just have 400+ miles on it so far.

JL Fan

First Name
JL Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
No sticking on mine. But that sounds like a fixable/adjustable issue. My clutch pedal seems to have an necessarily long travel...only engages at the end as o let it out. Driven standard my whole life...from pieces of crap cars to fancy ones. And I’ve stalled this one more than the others. No idea why. I only have 1500 miles on it. So hopefully it will smooth out.
Sponsored