First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
The bubbles started to appear around the hinges so I had it repainted under warranty last fall. Now the bubbles are coming back on some of the hinges as well as on the bottom edge of the driver's door. I'm wondering if anyone who had their doors repainted, how is the paint holding up for you? Did you notice any bubbles coming back? I'm wondering if my experience is due to lack of workmanship by the dealer or this is something that is almost impossible to prevent.
Sponsored

GetOffRoad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler, Porsche Macan, Porsche Boxer
The bubbles started to appear around the hinges so I had it repainted under warranty last fall. Now the bubbles are coming back on some of the hinges as well as on the bottom edge of the driver's door. I'm wondering if anyone who had their doors repainted, how is the paint holding up for you? Did you notice any bubbles coming back? I'm wondering if my experience is due to lack of workmanship by the dealer or this is something that is almost impossible to prevent.
I have had mine in 3 times. Each time it is a new area though. I requested an extension on the corrosion warranty and was told that was not possible. I would say about 70% of my Jeep has been repainted.

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever get them to match your Granite Crystal better? I saw your other post where it was obvious where repairs were spotted in. All of my doors/hinges are being reworked at dealer now and I should pick up this week. Did they paint yours UNDER the hinges?

OP
OP
cns721

cns721

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WJ, '13 JKU, '18 WK2, '19 JLU, '22 WL74
Occupation
Software Engineer
Did you ever get them to match your Granite Crystal better? I saw your other post where it was obvious where repairs were spotted in. All of my doors/hinges are being reworked at dealer now and I should pick up this week. Did they paint yours UNDER the hinges?
Yeah, they were able to match it when I brought it in the 2nd time. I was happy about that. The body shop manager said they did paint underneath the hinges to seal the metal and hopefully prevent it from corroding again. So far, no corroding around the hinges after almost 1 year. However itā€™s starting to bubble again where the T50 imprints are. He told me to wait until towards the end of the perforation warranty (5 years and unlimited miles) this way they can tackle all of the corrosion at once.

Iā€™m curious when you pick up your Jeep, are your T50 imprints easily visible? Or is it caked with paint?

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, they were able to match it when I brought it in the 2nd time. I was happy about that. The body shop manager said they did paint underneath the hinges to seal the metal and hopefully prevent it from corroding again. So far, no corroding around the hinges after almost 1 year. However itā€™s starting to bubble again where the T50 imprints are. He told me to wait until towards the end of the perforation warranty (5 years and unlimited miles) this way they can tackle all of the corrosion at once.

Iā€™m curious when you pick up your Jeep, are your T50 imprints easily visible? Or is it caked with paint?
I went to dealer after hours to look at very closely PRIOR to picking it up. I didn't get a good picture of the hinges close up because I was furious at the poor paint match, but when I looked at them they were pretty filled up with paint. The T50 imprints were no where near as "crisp" as they were from factory. I pointed that out over the phone the next morning, but not sure they are going to do anything about it. They are re-spraying to match.

paint match 2.jpeg

paint match.jpeg

Sponsored

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
that color match looks like shit. did they have the blind shop helper spray it?

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
I went to dealer after hours to look at very closely PRIOR to picking it up. I didn't get a good picture of the hinges close up because I was furious at the poor paint match, but when I looked at them they were pretty filled up with paint. The T50 imprints were no where near as "crisp" as they were from factory. I pointed that out over the phone the next morning, but not sure they are going to do anything about it. They are re-spraying to match.

paint match 2.jpeg

paint match.jpeg
Can always get those black hinge covers on Amazon. I know I'd be pissed but if they aren't going to fix best solution I can think of. Sorry man that blows.

Snoopi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep Wrangler 1999; Jeep Sahara Wrangler 2018 HD 2006 Deluxe
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Read the other threads. Its lack of workmanship
Sponsored