Sponsored

? for those who drove their Wrangler home w/ Dual Top Group...

OP
OP
MI Jeep Girl

MI Jeep Girl

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU XR Rubicon Firecracker Red
I haven't tried this myself, but if you leave the dogs at home, and pull everything out of the box, then it could fit if you put one half of the back seat down. This would allow u to at least go as a family to pick up the jeep.

If you want me to confirm this, I can simulate this tomorrow and send a pic.
Ok! My girls can ride another time, lol. Yes, I would be interested in seeing!! Thanks for the idea!!

OP
OP
MI Jeep Girl

MI Jeep Girl

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It only takes the cargo area floor; you can bring one person in the passenger-side seat. Preferably someone versed in unloading awkward loads.

Pretty sure one of the boxes-within-boxes was just a big, space-filling, empty carboard box. If you break it down, (and give the cardboard back to the dealer) it takes much less volume. Good luck.
Ok, I was wondering how much excess cardboard there would be!! I like your idea!! Thanks for your help!

OP
OP
MI Jeep Girl

MI Jeep Girl

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was totally packed in from the factory and took some pushing to get it out. I had to drive with the seat further up than I normally like but my wife was comfy. Definitely only a two seater going home.
Ok, thanks for the heads up!! It's a good thing your wife was comfy...guess I'll be driving, since my husband is taller AND it's my Jeep, haha I think my son will be happy with driving it later, once we are home!!

Sponsored

R00STER

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L - 6sp
If you dont mind leaving behind some of the cardboard at the dealer, everything fits nicely and allows you to have a single seat in the rear. Plus the front seats don't really have to be moved forward to accomodate it (but dont tell your husband until you are already in the driver's seat ;))

This is what it looks like with the lid off
Jeep Wrangler JL ? for those who drove their Wrangler home w/ Dual Top Group... 20210810_155442

After pulling out the box with the side panels, you can see the bottom layer (note the box in the circle is empty)
Jeep Wrangler JL ? for those who drove their Wrangler home w/ Dual Top Group... 20210810_161944

Fold down the 60% portion of the back seat and just start putting the components in. I would keep some of the bagged foam to pad any sharp points (see circled area). Fits in pretty tight, so it should stay. I did this by myself so your husband should be able to manage. Even if you don't remove the box, you will need to lift it in order to access the storage compartment in the back. Jeep puts the bag with any extras you purchased in there (e.g. front license plate bracket, tow package accessories, tool kit, door handles, etc), and u will want to verify everything is present before u drive off.

Jeep Wrangler JL ? for those who drove their Wrangler home w/ Dual Top Group... 20210810_160157

Jeep Wrangler JL ? for those who drove their Wrangler home w/ Dual Top Group... 20210810_161713

Jeep Wrangler JL ? for those who drove their Wrangler home w/ Dual Top Group... 20210810_160333

Good Luck!

ChapChai

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR '17 BMW X5
I picked mine up with my son and wife. The dealer (Fitzpatrick's in Ansonia CT) broke it down and packed it so the seat behind the driver could still be used. We drove back to IL like that. Was perfect memory making trip.

OP
OP
MI Jeep Girl

MI Jeep Girl

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I picked mine up with my son and wife. The dealer (Fitzpatrick's in Ansonia CT) broke it down and packed it so the seat behind the driver could still be used. We drove back to IL like that. Was perfect memory making trip.
Great to hear and yes, looking forward to making those memories too!! Thanks!

OP
OP
MI Jeep Girl

MI Jeep Girl

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you dont mind leaving behind some of the cardboard at the dealer, everything fits nicely and allows you to have a single seat in the rear. Plus the front seats don't really have to be moved forward to accomodate it (but dont tell your husband until you are already in the driver's seat ;))

This is what it looks like with the lid off
Jeep Wrangler JL ? for those who drove their Wrangler home w/ Dual Top Group... 20210810_160333

After pulling out the box with the side panels, you can see the bottom layer (note the box in the circle is empty)

Fold down the 60% portion of the back seat and just start putting the components in. I would keep some of the bagged foam to pad any sharp points (see circled area). Fits in pretty tight, so it should stay. I did this by myself so your husband should be able to manage. Even if you don't remove the box, you will need to lift it in order to access the storage compartment in the back. Jeep puts the bag with any extras you purchased in there (e.g. front license plate bracket, tow package accessories, tool kit, door handles, etc), and u will want to verify everything is present before u drive off.

Good Luck!
Thanks VERY MUCH for the detailed explanation and pics!!! You are so kind! I really feel I have a better idea of what to expect! Did you just get your Rubi recently?

R00STER

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L - 6sp
Thanks VERY MUCH for the detailed explanation and pics!!! You are so kind! I really feel I have a better idea of what to expect! Did you just get your Rubi recently?
Picked it up on 28Jun2021, longest 10 weeks ever. Like you, I really like to research, so I can appreciate where you are at. I am still new to this myself, so i am still learning, but like to share what little I can.
Sponsored