Sponsored

? for those who drove their Wrangler home w/ Dual Top Group...

MI Jeep Girl

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU XR Rubicon Firecracker Red
Hello! Thinking ahead... When I drive my Rubicon home (with the Dual Top Group), the hard top will be on. Will the soft top fit easily in the back? TIA
Sponsored

OP
OP
MI Jeep Girl

MI Jeep Girl

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’ll already be in the back from the factory. No need to worry about it fitting.
Ok, thanks! I wasn't sure how big of a box it would be in, lol I am imagining a big box that goes into the front too, haha!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
MI Jeep Girl

MI Jeep Girl

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 4 door could manage a second-hand soft top. Worst case you might have to unwrap it.
I’ve seen posts saying the 2 door requires a second vehicle.
Thanks! Great to know, since I am getting a 4 door!!

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Will confirm, if you're driving a 4-door hardtop home, you can fit the giant, cardboard, softtop box in the back, with the seats folded down.

Congratulations on the new jeep.

R00STER

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L - 6sp
Hello! Thinking ahead... When I drive my Rubicon home (with the Dual Top Group), the hard top will be on. Will the soft top fit easily in the back? TIA
Physical measurements of the 4 door top in the factory box is 60"x36"x22" (152.5cm x 91.5cm x 56cm)

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
It's a BIG box and they have to lay down your back seats for it to fit. When I bought my Jeep my Wife and Son were with me. I had to leave the top and go back and pick it up later. There wasn't room for both of them in the front with me. LOL.

OP
OP
MI Jeep Girl

MI Jeep Girl

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a BIG box and they have to lay down your back seats for it to fit. When I bought my Jeep my Wife and Son were with me. I had to leave the top and go back and pick it up later. There wasn't room for both of them in the front with me. LOL.
That is EXACTLY what I was afraid of, lol
I guess the dogs and our son will have to wait til we get home!! Thanks for your help!

Sponsored

OP
OP
MI Jeep Girl

MI Jeep Girl

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Physical measurements of the 4 door top in the factory box is 60"x36"x22" (152.5cm x 91.5cm x 56cm)
This is great to know...my husband is a numbers guy, so he will be happy to see the measurements! Thanks!

OP
OP
MI Jeep Girl

MI Jeep Girl

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will confirm, if you're driving a 4-door hardtop home, you can fit the giant, cardboard, softtop box in the back, with the seats folded down.

Congratulations on the new jeep.
Thanks so much for the confirmation! Beyond excited to get my Jeep!! Appreciate your help!

R00STER

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6L - 6sp
That is EXACTLY what I was afraid of, lol
I guess the dogs and our son will have to wait til we get home!! Thanks for your help!
I haven't tried this myself, but if you leave the dogs at home, and pull everything out of the box, then it could fit if you put one half of the back seat down. This would allow u to at least go as a family to pick up the jeep.

If you want me to confirm this, I can simulate this tomorrow and send a pic.

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Thanks so much for the confirmation! Beyond excited to get my Jeep!! Appreciate your help!
It only takes the cargo area floor; you can bring one person in the passenger-side seat. Preferably someone versed in unloading awkward loads.

Pretty sure one of the boxes-within-boxes was just a big, space-filling, empty carboard box. If you break it down, (and give the cardboard back to the dealer) it takes much less volume. Good luck.

CJTJJK-JLNOW

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR ^2
It was totally packed in from the factory and took some pushing to get it out. I had to drive with the seat further up than I normally like but my wife was comfy. Definitely only a two seater going home.
Sponsored