Sponsored

For Those Who Change Their Own Oil: what do you drain into? How do you dispose of it?

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Not sure what that means, but whoever puts the fricken oil in the thing before you take delivery it's not to my knowledge full synthetic, was the point.

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The OEM doesn't list a requirement it lists a "Mopar we recommend" that meets specific material standards or equivalent which they "recommend" the use of a full synthetic

So, from what you are saying they would have put full synthetic in? And they could have. For the v6 they recommend conventional.

Either way, it defiantly seems quieter with the synthetic I put in it. Happy with that.

Sponsored

turbosix

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
The OEM doesn't list a requirement it lists a "Mopar we recommend" that meets specific material standards or equivalent which they "recommend" the use of a full synthetic

So, from what you are saying they would have put full synthetic in? And they could have. For the v6 they recommend conventional.

Either way, it defiantly seems quieter with the synthetic I put in it. Happy with that.
Oh my god. Okay dude you do you.

Jeep is definitely filling new $50000 cars with used oil from McDonald's to save 9 cents.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh my god. Okay dude you do you.

Jeep is definitely filling new $50000 cars with used oil from McDonald's to save 9 cents.
Seriously dude. I quoted you what the owners manual stated. And if you read the post I honestly did not know how it works, that would be the question I asked with the question mark.

Learn how to read and comprehend before you get your pantys in a wad.

Sorry OP, no intention of hijacking your post. I will be done now.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
I have been using the pan below for over a decade. I drain it into a 5 gallon sample bottle and take it to AutoZone, WalMart, Advance Auto Parts, or O'Reilly's to recycle it when it is full.

Pan:

Jeep Wrangler JL For Those Who Change Their Own Oil: what do you drain into? How do you dispose of it? Screenshot 2021-10-21 102706
This is exactly what I use. It's huge so no need for any other pans or boards. Pours nice and easy into the empty oil bottles with a funnel.

Sponsored

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, Commando, JT , JL, M422
Just don't store it long term in milk jugs. They will leak. Lessons learned 101.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The local quick change place will usually accept it too.

I'm also saving some of my used oil to treat the new boards I'm needing, to replace the rotted ones on my utility trailer.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
The local quick change place will usually accept it too.

I'm also saving some of my used oil to treat the new boards I'm needing, to replace the rotted ones on my utility trailer.
This. Used oil is great for trailer wood floors.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I'll treat them prior to installing, then treat the top again after. These boards lasted less than 4 years. I thought they were treated, but I guess not, just had some stain on them. Put a foot through one board last year when unloading the zero turn, the others went soon after.

benny_rt2

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ - 1999 TJ - 2004 TJ
You can buy an oil catch pan from AutoZone, and return the used oil to them for free. They will also take gear oil and atf.
One autozone I went to in Scottsdale AZ wouldn't take my ATF or gear oil. But that was years ago. I later learned not to say what kind of used oil I'm dropping off. If they don't ask then I wont tell
Sponsored