for those who ask about comfort on long trips

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
The JL is certainly more comfortable than the TJ or the YJ. For long drives I have a Lincoln Town Car. The JL doesn't come close.:rock:
Sponsored

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2018 CX-5, 2020 RAM 1500 BTS
Yeah this clearly depends on what you are comparing it to. Kind of like a Wrangler in Europe is considered “fast”. I like mine for medium distance trips but compared to my full size truck it is cramped, bouncy, loud etc. But still fun!

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I made 3 long road trips in 2020 in my JLU Sport- about 1800 miles each. As a driver I have no problem with the comfort. We did a long day trip from southern Denver through Rocky Mountain National Park and back through Gramby. My wife was in the back seat and later said that it was fairly rough. On the way back home I rode in the back seat for a long stretch and it didn't bother me. I was even reading a book for much of that time. So back seat comfort may depend on the person and the road, but the back seat is closer to the rear axle so will feel bumps in the road more than the front seats.
Wow tx, you can read a book in the back while the Jeep’s in motion? You’re a better man than me. I can’t read or look at my cell in any passenger seat of a moving vehicle.
Funny story, my wife and I decide one year to drive on a Sunday morning from NYC to Atlantic City. I buy the Sunday paper figuring she’s driving this’ll be nice for the trip. After about 10 minutes I start to feel sick, I knew it was from reading while the car was moving and still fought it. 5 more minutes and I was so sick I had to close the paper and recline the seat. She said I was so pale and started crying. She thought I was dying. I still laugh when I think of that day and I won’t even attempt to read while being in a moving vehicle.
Sponsored