FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
To those of you that ordered a JK (or any vehicle) using an affiliate invoice type program such as TL. Do dealers ever doctor the Invoice pricing? Or is it a pretty standard no haggle process?
Sponsored

MLPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Willys JK 6M
Never heard of dealers doing that. I'd imagine that could get them in a big heap of :asshat:

I have heard dealers rejecting tread lightly discount but never seen one accused of faking invoice pricing. Anyways we'll know invoice pricing eventually so you'll have it to confirm your dealer's numbers.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
I actually find it rather funny when I show someone the invoice and they say, "That's not the real invoice, you wouldn't sell a vehicle for a loss. How could you stay in business." Like I have someone hidden in the back typing up 1500 fake invoices. It's a pretty straight forward process.

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I actually find it rather funny when I show someone the invoice and they say, "That's not the real invoice, you wouldn't sell a vehicle for a loss. How could you stay in business." Like I have someone hidden in the back typing up 1500 fake invoices. It's a pretty straight forward process.
Wish I could work with you, our local Jeep dealer is joke here (not the one I ordered from, drove for that one). They cant even explain what a locker is, what axles the Rubicon comes stock with, or how to even operate the soft top. I know its just an uneducated salesperson but it reflects highly on the whole dealership! (or poorly?)

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Ask to see the vehicle spec sheet/build sheet that has the FFP and EPP pricing on it. This is a standard sheet that is available for every vehicle. The FFP is 1% back and EPP is 5% back. FFP is what the Tread Lightly price should be. There shouldn't be any games when you ask for this as it's a document provided by FCA for every vehicle.

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
JLWF dealer. Where are you located and can we buy from you?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
You should know the price before you even go in.

Once the pricing is out and their site is updated you can go to kbb.com and build a jeep with all the same options and see MSRP, Invoice, and typical selling price. Take 1% off of invoice (before destination fee) and it will basically be the FFP price.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
JLWF dealer. Where are you located and can we buy from you?
Unfortunately, that would ruin the mystery. As tempting as it is, I must pass at this point. :crying:

I can confirm that many places have less than qualified people working there. It's unfortunate but there are some places/people out there that can help and do sell and drive the product.

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
I went to a local dealer the day of the reveal and not 1 but the 2 different people I talked to didn’t even know there was a new wrangler coming out. Then they asked me what’s different about it

TPFilm1994

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport S
I went to a local dealer the day of the reveal and not 1 but the 2 different people I talked to didn’t even know there was a new wrangler coming out. Then they asked me what’s different about it
Remember: most car sales people aren't car guys. They are sales people. This week/ month they are selling Jeeps, next week they are selling Fords or furniture, or whatever/ wherever they can make the most commission with the least amount of work and the least knowledgeable customers (the easier to jack up commissions.)
There are exceptions to the above, but, for the most part this is the rule.
The guy I dealt with for my order is a self-described Jeep guy, but he didn't know the order banks were open when I ordered mine and didn't know that the order banks for the JK had closed. I blame part of that on the fact that most dealerships keep the sales people in the dark about things (and some sales staff just act like they don't know).
Think about it: if a salesperson knows that a model that already flies off the lot is being updated with new tech and engine choices, he's dangerous to the dealership's bottom line. How? He might let it slip that a new model is coming in X days. Customer(s) decides to wait for new hotness and hold off on buying right then. No sale from that customer. If enough customers decide to wait, sales suffer and dealership can't get the new hotness right away, has to wait. The wait makes the customer go to the next dealer to see new hotness because next dealer had the sales numbers to get new hotness right away.
It's a twisted cycle of self-preservation.
We are fanatics. We devour any tidbit of info about the JL. We wait for the release date like it's next iPhone (or whatever Droids are called.) The salesperson talks to us about the JL then his next customer wants a mini-van or, worse, a Fiat.
Sponsored