Sponsored

For those that have lived with the 392 for a while ... lets be honest, how are its manors on road?

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
I have owned Jeeps for decades, from CJs to JLs. I understand their on road handling characteristics. I know the 392 has an upgraded suspension and selec track. Was looking to get impressions on the paved road handling. Has it improved with this model? Does the 392 wonder and sway like a typical wrangler?
It is and it is not. Yes it just feels like a typical wrangler but at/near the limit, it’s kinda dangerous. The suspension/steering obviously can’t handle the power/speed near the limit but that’s not the point and we all knew it. The 392 it’s the ultimate muscle car, adequate power, no handling no brake, fast in straight line, and can go offload….perfect for me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Harrybeerbelly

Harrybeerbelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tackhawk
As mentioned you guys helped me make up my mind. I traded in my 2020 High Altitude diesel for a MY 2020 like new Trackhawk. I would have purchase a new TH if I could have found one.

Thanks for all the honest input.

StingGrayRhino

First Name
Eliez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara
I hit 3k miles recently and it feels absolutely different. I have 35x12.5x17 nitto ridge grapers that you could feel it got slower when I first installed them (installed at 300 miles). Now at 3k miles it feels noticeably faster. Very soothe and sounds great.

Could be a placebo but my experience is it's a much better drive now.

MerlinsGarage

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21RUB392, 97Vipr,14Porsc 911,06Ford GT,64Vette etc
Just under 1k miles. I've also owned CJ 5&7s and many Wranglers last one an '18 JKUR. This thing is very comfortable w benign road manners. As a previous poster has stated drop the tire pressure to 33-35 (or less) for less wandering. Dam good truck.
Sponsored