Sponsored

For those that have a 2021 on order - safe to start ordering add ons?

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
Aftermarket rims, slush mats, tazer JL, the list goes on... if you have a 2021 on order at what point are you confident in starting to buy mods and equipment? I am wondering if it would be foolish to start buying some stuff in case any slight details or fitment changes from 2020 to 2021?

I doubt that the bolt pattern of the rims would change, but say the floor plan for the winter mats perhaps?

Thanks for your opinions!
Sponsored

WillysGirl

First Name
Dara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Aftermarket rims, slush mats, tazer JL, the list goes on... if you have a 2021 on order at what point are you confident in starting to buy mods and equipment? I am wondering if it would be foolish to start buying some stuff in case any slight details or fitment changes from 2020 to 2021?

I doubt that the bolt pattern of the rims would change, but say the floor plan for the winter mats perhaps?

Thanks for your opinions!
I’m holding off but purely because of the jinx factor. I am afraid to jinx my deal! Weird! I know!!! But my amazon cart is full of little things that I’ll buy immediately!!!

OP
OP
RDiddy

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
I’m holding off but purely because of the jinx factor. I am afraid to jinx my deal! Weird! I know!!! But my amazon cart is full of little things that I’ll buy immediately!!!
What do you have in your cart?

WillysGirl

First Name
Dara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What do you have in your cart?
Lots of little things like cup holder inserts, sun shade, fuel tank cap, stubby antenna, a hat for me )I wear my hair in a messy bun so I need a one to accommodate), flag decal for the gender vent, oh and a Vader grill. This kind of stuff. We’re starting small.

OP
OP
RDiddy

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
Lots of little things like cup holder inserts, sun shade, fuel tank cap, stubby antenna, a hat for me )I wear my hair in a messy bun so I need a one to accommodate), flag decal for the gender vent, oh and a Vader grill. This kind of stuff. We’re starting small.
So it doesn't cross your mind at all that you could end up with parts that don't fit your vehicle, or are you waiting for a while after delivery to allow the sellers to catch up on the 2021 MY?

Then again, maybe I am just being paranoid.

I see a lot of people that mod their stock antenna... is it solely for looks or?

Sponsored

WillysGirl

First Name
Dara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So it doesn't cross your mind at all that you could end up with parts that don't fit your vehicle, or are you waiting for a while after delivery to allow the sellers to catch up on the 2021 MY?

Then again, maybe I am just being paranoid.

I see a lot of people that mod their stock antenna... is it solely for looks or?
Yes. It certainly does. I’m more worried about jinxing the deal though. I can always return something that doesn’t fit. I won’t buy until at least after it’s built, but possibly not u til after delivery to be safe. And the. If something doesn’t fit, send it back!

OP
OP
RDiddy

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
Yes. It certainly does. I’m more worried about jinxing the deal though. I can always return something that doesn’t fit. I won’t buy until at least after it’s built, but possibly not u til after delivery to be safe. And the. If something doesn’t fit, send it back!
Thanks for weighing in.

Niffer

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sante Fe—Putting order in this weekend for Rubicon
I have a ton of stuff in my Amazon cart just waiting. I also have a Jeep Folder in my phone for all of the websites that I plan to purchase from. I’ve just been buying decals to try to calm down my urge to buy all the things!!! Lol!

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Once you sign the paperwork in the finance office and the numbers all become real, it’s possible and okay to second guess the necessity of really wanting or needing any mods.

I encourage buyer restraint and waiting until your rig arrives. Drive it stock for a week and then decide if those mods in your cart are really necessary and actually worth your money.

OP
OP
RDiddy

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
Once you sign the paperwork in the finance office and the numbers all become real, it’s possible and okay to second guess the necessity of really wanting or needing any mods.

I encourage buyer restraint and waiting until your rig arrives. Drive it stock for a week and then decide if those mods in your cart are really necessary and actually worth your money.
Certainly a wise approach - but requires a sort of superhuman will that few possess!

Sponsored

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
The only risk is if your order is delayed or cancelled and your time period to return it expires. Even if it’s like a gas cap and you see a nicer one 2 months later....

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
I ordered a couple things I KNOW I need right away. Shade top, door hangers, floor mats. The rest is on a list.

OP
OP
RDiddy

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
The only risk is if your order is delayed or cancelled and your time period to return it expires. Even if it’s like a gas cap and you see a nicer one 2 months later....
Yeah there is that too. Perhaps I should just wait.

OP
OP
RDiddy

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
I ordered a couple things I KNOW I need right away. Shade top, door hangers, floor mats. The rest is on a list.
What floor mats did you end up with?