Sponsored

For those skid-plate experts, most critical section that needs armor first??

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Not sure if I edited in my pic to my previous post too late for your reply, but as you can see in my pic, the crossbar that Skidrow requires you to remove is what mounts my oil pan skid. I am unable to remove this crossbar, which means I can't install the Skidrow plate :(
Oh, now I see that, maybe you could have one fab'd similar to what I did, or modify the aftermarket plate??
Sponsored

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
Oh, now I see that, maybe you could have one fab'd similar to what I did, or modify the aftermarket plate??
Yeah I'm trying to think one out, but that is not my forte at all. I'm better at breaking the pipe lol.

ekim

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
I would say protect what's most painful to fix first. In many cases a spotter and good lines will help. If you "drive by feel" then all bets are off :). Even on simple lines I can see the rear end dropping onto rocks pretty often.

Once you get high centered you're pretty much dragging things along until you get off....

This is a TJ basically everything rusty or white is subject to dragging and banging :)

Jeep Wrangler JL For those skid-plate experts, most critical section that needs armor first?? jeep_bottom_IMG_4520

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I would say protect what's most painful to fix first. In many cases a spotter and good lines will help. If you "drive by feel" then all bets are off :). Even on simple lines I can see the rear end dropping onto rocks pretty often.

Once you get high centered you're pretty much dragging things along until you get off....

This is a TJ basically everything rusty or white is subject to dragging and banging :)

Jeep Wrangler JL For those skid-plate experts, most critical section that needs armor first?? jeep_bottom_IMG_4520
At least the skids didn't get damaged in that one^^^ :)

Hethen1911

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys sport
Yeah, I can't hit the high odds when it come to the lottery but I bet I could have that perfect hit to the differential plug, the rear Dana 35 also has a pretty vulnerable bottom mount plug too :(

I'm really leaning toward the M.O.R.E. engine/trans skid, the transfer case skid and would add the F&R Diff skids.

I know Rough Country can be hit or miss, but these look pretty decent for my limited budget and made from 1/4" plate, thoughts?
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/skid-plates/10623-rough-country-m186-front-diff-skid-plate
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/skid-plates/10624-rough-country-m200-rear-diff-skid-plate
I Have the M.O.R.E Skids for Oil pan/trans , gas tank transfer case and evap canister they are great. I got the steel ones vs the aluminum ones because of cost (i have them all powder coated red) and the aluminum ones would of been 3x the cost to do the same all in all BEST $$ spent
Sponsored