Sponsored

For those of you who were disappointed with the Tan interior, will you be getting Black instead?

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JL, 2008 Sahara JK, 2000 Sport TJ, 1995 Sport YJ
Ordered Tan. Always get tan. Love it. I can never understand black in a convertible or really any car ( I have white in both my GTOs). But everyone has their preferences. I like that at least you still CAN get some variation in the Wrangler. I am sure FCA would be happy to only make black interior and one exterior color. $$ savings.
Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Although I find black interiors to be a little sharper looking I always order the lighter color interior. I had a black corvette with black interior once. Wow, looked great but like entering the 7th layer of hell in the summer.

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
Go to an enterprise, rent any jeep vehicle with tan cloth seats and then make that decision. While I like the contrast, I couldn't handle the stains. Back in '07 I had a Liberty and even the light gray cloth stains pretty badly.
Functionally, the black made the most sense for me - especially now with kids.

noreserve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1999 TJ Sport
I did the online search and couldn't locate a tan leather JLUR within the max mileage - dealer tried as well and wasn't one in the 500+ mile radius of ATL. I don't understand it. You would think that it would be more popular in the hotter regions of the country. I've had too many vehicles with black interiors, black dash, black everything - like a tomb. The summer heat in the South with black leather isn't fun. It's bad enough with lighter colored leather, but black is worse. So I ordered my JLUR exactly like I wanted. I couldn't be happier with the tan leather. I am impressed with the quality of the leather and seats in general in the Jeep. I love the black exterior and tan leather interior combo. I don't mind that there is still black contrast on the doors, console, shift knob, etc. I also like that the tan selection interior changes the dash from the red to the grey - I prefer that as well.

I did get the black premium soft top (dual top option and body colored hard top). The heat that the black soft top pulls in to the top of the Jeep is unbelievable, but I couldn't go tan on the soft top due to how difficult it is too keep looking good.

BobBarker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB
Tan and white Moab at Fowler dodge in OKC. Direct flights to Atlanta every day.

Sponsored

BobBarker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB
I did the online search and couldn't locate a tan leather JLUR within the max mileage - dealer tried as well and wasn't one in the 500+ mile radius of ATL. I don't understand it. You would think that it would be more popular in the hotter regions of the country. I've had too many vehicles with black interiors, black dash, black everything - like a tomb. The summer heat in the South with black leather isn't fun. It's bad enough with lighter colored leather, but black is worse. So I ordered my JLUR exactly like I wanted. I couldn't be happier with the tan leather. I am impressed with the quality of the leather and seats in general in the Jeep. I love the black exterior and tan leather interior combo. I don't mind that there is still black contrast on the doors, console, shift knob, etc. I also like that the tan selection interior changes the dash from the red to the grey - I prefer that as well.

I did get the black premium soft top (dual top option and body colored hard top). The heat that the black soft top pulls in to the top of the Jeep is unbelievable, but I couldn't go tan on the soft top due to how difficult it is too keep looking good.
https://www.fowlerdodge.com/new-OKC-2019-Jeep-Wrangler-Sahara+MOAB-1C4HJXEG8KW572268

I can pm you my salesman’s contact. He is a great guy. Love’s jeeps and knows everything about them.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
I wasn’t big on the tan leather, but it’s grown on me.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Funny you should say that as I absolutely love my black on black on black Wrangler and wouldn't have anything else. As for the heat I find it no more hot in the summer then any other color interior and it's been high humidity and 100 degrees here lately.
I guess you’re right Bill,it isn’t like I find it “cool” in my Jeep during summer because the seats are tan. However I remember as a kid when I learned in science class that black absorbs heat and white reflects it. There were 2 cars in a lot side by side, one black one white. Real hot summer day. I tried one hand on each. White no problem, black was literally like touching a frying pan.

noreserve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1999 TJ Sport
Make it any color you want. I chose Krylon plastic fuson satin Khaki. about 6 cans @$5ea. worth and biege Hothead liner......

JL interior 1.jpg
JL interior ceiling 1.jpg
JL interior ceiling 2.jpg
JL interior 2.jpg
JL interior rear.jpg

JL tailgate shelf 1.jpg
JL tailgate shelf 2.jpg
That looks really good! Have you considered the hard top underside? That Krylon is amazing how it adheres to plastic and looks OEM.

I see you have a squeegee at the ready. I ordered my Black JLUR with option Z6 - it's a little guy that rides in the back with a bottle of Zaino Z6 and a cloth; jumps out every time he hears the ESS kick in and does a quick touch-up. By the time he gets from one end of the vehicle to the other, it's dirty again - never-ending cycle. :)

noreserve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1999 TJ Sport
I'm going to check that white verse black vehicle test you did, I am sure that is correct. As for interior heat I guess I've always thought it was the glass that always allowed and trapped the heat in the vehicle. I also have the leather package and I think leather always seems more heat bearable than cloth or especially the old vinyl seats.
I had a black patio umbrella - nice Sunbrella fabric, so quality stuff. That thing drew heat down like a convection oven. My JLUR's black soft top inside at head level reminds me of being under that umbrella. Black draws heat and is measurably hotter than the same fabric in a light color - same reason my black t-shirt is noticeably hotter in the summer than the same brand/fabric grey one. It would be interesting to have two Jeeps side-by-side - one with a tan premium soft top and one with a black premium soft top and measure the temp difference. My guess is at least 5 degrees.

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Make it any color you want. I chose Krylon plastic fuson satin Khaki. about 6 cans @$5ea. worth and biege Hothead liner......

JL interior 1.jpg
JL interior 2.jpg
JL interior rear.jpg

JL tailgate shelf 1.jpg
JL tailgate shelf 2.jpg
Thanks for sharing this, you gave me the incentive to do my interior a light gray, vinyl spray paint. A 2 door, so 5 cans should be plenty...

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

JL interior 1.jpg
JL interior 2.jpg
JL interior rear.jpg

JL tailgate shelf 1.jpg
JL tailgate shelf 2.jpg
Wow that looks factory! I would be concerned about its longevity though, seems as even when body shops use the expensive products designed for painting plastic interior parts, it still peels off down the road after a few years. I hope yours holds up, I hear the fusion paint is pretty good. Nice work.

pel18

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I personally like a tan interior. I ordered the tan leather seats and wish that my JLUR came with tan plastic interior panel and carpet. Hopefully Jeep will make it an option in the future.

NickTinVA

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
... And I'm just over here wishing they actually did a nice deep brown...

MarkM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Project Manager
I actually took my black leather off for the tan. I found a complete set in good shape and just stripped them off and recovered at my own pace. The zippers really came in handy and hog rings suck...

I like it much better and don't own a BMW! :)
Sponsored