Sponsored

For those of you who had "MILES" on your new JP. Did you also have one of these on the window?

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
Mine has 31km on it, it has gone from Toledo, to a truck, to a ship, to Australia, to a truck, to a dealer, to another truck (and a 1000km trip) to my dealer, off the truck and in to their lot. Pretty confident it hasn't been anywhere else ;) I will put another 30km or so on it getting it home later this week :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has 31km on it, it has gone from Toledo, to a truck, to a ship, to Australia, to a truck, to a dealer, to another truck (and a 1000km trip) to my dealer, off the truck and in to their lot. Pretty confident it hasn't been anywhere else ;) I will but another 30km or so on it getting it home later this week :)
Anywhere else? I think you covered the whole planet. Lol.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Only derogatory to a dealership trying to rip me off. Never started a personal attack. Some tools on here calling people childish or babies for standing up to dealerships. Standard shady dealership 101 training: make the buyer seem stupid, childish or unreasonable for asking for sensible things. Dealers should use the vehicles they have for test drives. Never a vehicle someone has ordered and is waiting to be delivered. It's called ethics. Some dealerships have them, some don't.
You’re the only person in this thread talking about dealerships taking test drives. Your point isn’t wrong, just a little strange how we jumped from “this has a sticker from the factory” to you being livid over dealership ethics while seemingly nobody but yourself made that transition.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Well I for one wished mine would of had 30 miles on ( Quality control check ) before we picked it up. We drove 450 miles to Peterson Dodge in Nampa Idaho to pick up our 2021 3.0 Rubicon that we ordered four months earlier.

The Rubicon had six miles on it when we went to take possession. After waiting for it to be detailed we then took it for a test drive prior to completing the deal.

We were on the road in about two hours heading home (Wife decided she was going to drive) when we pulled over for a pit stop with 31 miles on it. We were walking up to the Jeep and she started it with the remote start. We heard what sounded like the fan hitting the radiator. She turned it off and restarted it again with same noise but not as loud.

We called Peterson and they were there waiting for us. Long story short it was Thanksgiving week and they found that the Flex plate was warped.

Peterson had the parts in two days and it was finished Friday after Thanksgiving, so three days and it was repaired. The service manger called and asked if he could take it for a test drive of a hundred miles. I told him yes as we had returned to Oregon during this time.

Peterson made a crapoy situation the best they could, paid hotel bills and gave us a very substantial gift card for trouble.

Two points buying this vehicle from Peterson was the best experience ever in purchasing a vehicle.
Second if it had someone test drove it for say thirty miles maybe it would of been caught prior to us.
Jeep had 4,400 miles on it and runs like a beast with no more problems.
Not to be picky, but even if you had the "Quality Control 30 mile check" it wouldnt have done you any good. Yours broke at 31 miles.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
You’re the only person in this thread talking about dealerships taking test drives. Your point isn’t wrong, just a little strange how we jumped from “this has a sticker from the factory” to you being livid over dealership ethics while seemingly nobody but yourself made that transition.
One person mentioned that miles in the 30 range might indicate that the sticker was removed or the miles were put on elsewhere. Then someone mentioned that expecting a mile or less was unrealistic due to transport. So beyond factory quality assurance putting 30 miles on it with the associated sticker and transport putting a few miles on it, then the dealership would be the only one to place additional miles on the vehicle. Having had a dealership in the past continue to allow strangers to test drive a truck after I bought it, I found that direction relevant to the discussion: "how many miles are reasonable?" Sometimes I go dark, man.

Sponsored

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
When I ordered my 1999 F250 it had a similar sticker and 28 miles on the odometer when I picked it up. I think most companies do some sort of random testing for quality.

Dcoury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Not to be picky, but even if you had the "Quality Control 30 mile check" it wouldnt have done you any good. Yours broke at 31 miles.
Correct, however I could not tell you when it actually started rubbing. Bride had music blaring, engine humming down the highway. Didn't hear it inside the jeep on way back to the dealership. Perhaps someone else might of caught it earlier and it would of been taken care of prior to our arrival.
Either way we are happy with our purchase and having fun with it.

Marlon_JB2

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, 2014 Dodge Dart GT
Occupation
Jeep Builder
I didn’t know at the delivery time of my Jeep that they don’t use ordered Jeep’s for test drives. My nephew passed the dealership while I was on a cruise in Bermuda and texted me pictures. I had visions of test drives and kids walking on my seats. I then called and was assured no test drives. When I returned and saw that plastic on the steering wheel, it was a relief.

F7488073-045F-4A94-9598-B2EF3E1DF571.jpeg
Nope. Yours and yours only. They get build and dealership priority from order to delivery.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I had a similar notification from Ford when I received the Taurus SHO that I ordered (arrived with about 70 miles!). Funny thing was, the hood was noticeably misaligned when it was delivered so it didn't even contribute to a flawless delivery.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
When I was a brand quality manager, I would go to the assembly plant audit room everyday (as time allowed) and pick out a vehicle at random for a test drive and vehicle evaluation. This helped to identify any product issues early on.

Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
This a forum for owners and prospective buyers. If you want to stir the pot, find some high school girls to impress, that's obviously where you peaked.
Sorry, forgot this is the United States of the Offended where the only opinion that matters is the one that whines the loudest.

RUBIJIM

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner, 1967 Dodge R/T, 2018 Wrangler, Honda 750 K1
My original order had a "100% Certified" sticker (TRIGO) on the steering wheel. You could tell it had been tested at the factory. Very honest dealer and they do not allow any test drives on ordered vehicles. Never checked the mileage because it was not mine anymore.
Jeep Wrangler JL For those of you who had "MILES" on your new JP. Did you also have one of these on the window? IMG_6335.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL For those of you who had "MILES" on your new JP. Did you also have one of these on the window? IMG_6332.JPG

2 door rubi

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Had 5 on mine. Got at the end of December (12/28/20) has 900 on it now after 3 months.

NBB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
I've never seen a dealer of anything allowing a "sold" item get handled by other customers. These indignant conspiracy reactions are kind of funny.
Sponsored

Last edited: