Sponsored

For those of you who had "MILES" on your new JP. Did you also have one of these on the window?

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
Got the new JLURD this past Tuesday and the dealer (Who was awesome by the way!) told me that he did not know why I had about 30 miles on my new JP. He obviously noticed it or was told about it (he is the GM) and wanted to inform me. I will of course pass this info on to him for future reference. I am happy I was one of the selectees to have mine tested! Anyone else notice this?

Jeep Wrangler JL For those of you who had "MILES" on your new JP. Did you also have one of these on the window? quality
Sponsored

Last edited:

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Got the new JLURD this past Tuesday and the dealer (Who was awesome by the way!) told me that he did not know why I had about 30 miles on my new JP. He obviously noticed it or was told about it (he is the GM) and wanted to inform me. I will of course pass this info on to him for future reference. I am happy I was one of the selectees to have mine tested! Anyone else notice this?

quality.jpg
All well and good, but what tests did they put your Jeep through?? Hopefully not 30 miles of big "Speed Bump Tests". Or, 30 miles of "Acceleration Tests". Or, 30 miles of high speed "Brake Tests". Or, "Serpantine Road Courses" . Just saying..

Grand Lake Special

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Sport Sarge Green
Occupation
retired teacher & building administrator
Vehicle Showcase
mine had it when I picked up the jeep .I didn't see it at first and wondered why the jeep had 23 miles on it. I then saw the sticker and it made more sense. No issues with the jeep at all so far. But it has been in storage at the cottage since September...... we are eager to get it out again this spring and start the mods acquired over the winter.

Marlon_JB2

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, 2014 Dodge Dart GT
Occupation
Jeep Builder
It's just examined and driven normally. It's not put through some sort of extreme torture test. We really do pick them randomly.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Yea 30 miles I’d be a little disappointed but would let it go. 300 and we’d have to talk.
I was happy with mine......

7C610DEC-CB1A-41D7-9917-53E97D76E1BF.jpeg

5F2A0606-1594-44E8-97B1-DAF23B5C1374.jpeg

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have to question anyone that is "pissed" that there are miles on ANY vehicle they buy new. Would you prefer a vehicle that came to you with 0 mile and 30 problems or 30 miles and zero problems? Have any of you that get freaked about miles been to a vehicle factory, seen them drive from the end of the line to the test cell, from there to the storage lot, from there to the rail car, from there to the transporter, from there to the dealer garage for the PDI and from there to the lot itself? All that and you want 1 mile. LOL Get real and get a life.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Yes that has been on all of them that were actually tested at the factory since 2017. If there is no sticker, it was removed by the dealer or the miles were put on elsewhere.

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
Not much to add to this myself, but this was my first new vehicle with only 2 miles on the dash. It sat for a year before I bought it. 2 years later I am at 51k. My other new FCA vehicles had between 24-45 miles on them no paper slip of any kind.

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I have to question anyone that is "pissed" that there are miles on ANY vehicle they buy new. Would you prefer a vehicle that came to you with 0 mile and 30 problems or 30 miles and zero problems? Have any of you that get freaked about miles been to a vehicle factory, seen them drive from the end of the line to the test cell, from there to the storage lot, from there to the rail car, from there to the transporter, from there to the dealer garage for the PDI and from there to the lot itself? All that and you want 1 mile. LOL Get real and get a life.
You sound like a car salesman. I'd be pissed over 30 miles but only because the dealership used it as a test drive model which means they made me wait to pick it up so they could use it as a sales tool. I'll bet there's not a "no big deal" response at a dealership if you turn a lease vehicle in with 30 miles over the limit.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I prefer as little miles as possible. So do most intelligent buyers. This is because they rightly know how irresponsible most salesmen are with vehicles. Plus, I dont want some dealership using my new vehicle for test drives. Most people that test cars do acceleration tests, on cold engines, and before the engine is properly Broken In. Get a life?? Get a brain.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
Ours had over 200 miles on it before the key fobs were handed to us. I knew the reason and it was because it had arrived from a dealer swap across the state. As long as it didn't have any cigarette smoke odor we didn't mind. The title still said New.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Would you prefer a vehicle that came to you with 0 mile and 30 problems or 30 miles and zero problems?
Cute question, and one with a false premise. Who here has the ability to choose their preference for miles vs. problems on a new vehicle delivery? Who would even consider this to be a choice?

Like Steve (@sf5211), my 2021 JLU had 4 miles at delivery. I was pleased to see this low number. The Owner's Manual has fairly prescriptive language concerning how the engine should be driven during its first 25 miles to assist with initial break-in. I wanted to be the one to do it, to know that it was done. Correctly.

We paid a King's ransom for our new Wranglers. Our ownership experience is the only Quality Assurance Test that will ever matter.

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
Yea 30 miles I’d be a little disappointed but would let it go. 300 and we’d have to talk.
I was happy with mine......
/QUOTE]

I've been told that if there's less than 10 miles on your new Jeep it's because they disconnected the odometer so the new owner doesn't get excited at the 300 plus miles racked up. :whew:

Why else do you think it takes some Wranglers to take months to get to the dealer but others only take a few weeks? :facepalm:

Just kidding. If I'm purchasing the vehicle I probably wouldn't care at all. If I'm leasing I would expect the miles allowed on the lease to be extended by that same amount. :clap:
Sponsored

Last edited: