Sponsored

For those of you who are concerned about the engine break-in period...

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
[QUOTE=". These started being added to vehicles about a decade ago, but some vehicles a little later than others as it took a while for NHTSA to write a mandate requiring it in new vehicles.

Here’s the EDR sections from the JK and JL manuals;

JK;
9172EB5A-9433-4D9F-B18E-237217058BC6.jpeg

JL User Guide;

24F3F1B4-FF40-40DC-A270-C21CBF0D94C6.jpeg
[/QUOTE]

Probably that's how they figured out what happened To that lady on the Prius that wouldn't stop. When the mat got on the way of her brake pedal or something like that; I don't recall exactly.
Sponsored

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
The only thing missing from their stupid video is a hit and run ! :headbang:
And they’re like all proud of «getting away » with driving 50 in a 25 zone... Hey dumb-dumb, you don’t get away with anything when you do it and share it on the internet for millions of peole to look at it !!!

Pugfug

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram Power Wagon, 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro 4-X, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited JL
Occupation
Ramblin Man
LOL, that’s why all of mine are conditions of sale that I inspect it before PDI and anything more than 5km mileage added to the Odometer beyond delivery reading starts costing the dealer money.

Long story short I previously ordered Wrangler from a dealer that I had always bought/serviced with, and when it finally arrived and was shown to me it had just about 350KMs on it, which when I commented they said was from a few test drives and the extensive PDI setup/test procedure. When I accessed the GPS log with the rep there that clearly showed a day-trip to Banff, I said “we’re done here” and walked away from that Wrangler and that dealership.

I’m sure sports cars get worse treatment from lookey-lous and handsy reps (makes me wonder about my old Mustangs and their gremlins), but the Wrangler is definitely up there for stuff like this.

BTW, just so you know, the system log will show you stuff like max speed etc, so if you’re even slightly concerned, take a look at the logs, and a blank log is just as bad IMO meaning they know they are hiding something.

We live in the Calgary area...curious to know what dealership it was...hoping it’s not the one we ordered from....

Sponsored

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
I sent an email to Marty Tripp at Sands Chrysler Jeep Dodge of Quakertown, PA. It said there is a video on JLWranglerForums that show two of their swine ruining a brand new Wrangler JL and what were they going to do about it? Lets just sit back and see if they give a s--t and if not why not.......?

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I sent an email to Marty Tripp at Sands Chrysler Jeep Dodge of Quakertown, PA. It said there is a video on JLWranglerForums that show two of their swine ruining a brand new Wrangler JL and what were they going to do about it? Lets just sit back and see if they give a s--t and if not why not.......?
Their video is on youtube. I just linked to it on here.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Ok, I'm reading look at logs, check GPS. The EDR statement states it records for events (accidents) and nothing about owner accessing the data.

What are the steps to do this in the JLU, if it is possible?
Anyone? Is there actually a way to read logs from the customer side?

MoJeepDust

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 00 XJ, 08 Avalanche, 76 CB550F
Occupation
Jeep Product Trainer
What city is the dealership in mo you work at? I live in the southwest MO area trying to find a decent dealership
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I work at Marshall Chrysler in Marshall MO! If you are Jeep shopping I am more than a salesman, actually certified jeep expert 660-886-4300 ask for Dustin Sprigg!!!

Sponsored

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I work at Marshall Chrysler in Marshall MO! If you are Jeep shopping I am more than a salesman, actually certified jeep expert 660-886-4300 ask for Dustin Sprigg!!!
Are you an ACTUAL Jeep expert ?! ;)
Just refering to all the jeep experts out there that just aren’t ! Lol Well just not in Jeeps at least lol

MoJeepDust

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 00 XJ, 08 Avalanche, 76 CB550F
Occupation
Jeep Product Trainer
Are you an ACTUAL Jeep expert ?! ;)
Just refering to all the jeep experts out there that just aren’t ! Lol Well just not in Jeeps at least lol
I agree for sure. There are a bunch of "experts" out there. I take pride in what I do and the product I sell! I drive them, I work on them (former ASE certified technician) I own them and I sell them! Best vehicles I've ever known and the only vehicles that comes with a lifestyle and group of friends worth being around! Appreciate each and every wave every day!

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
Think about the fact that goons like this are driving your Jeep before you are. :cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl:

:facepalm:

Literally the reason I was so thrilled when I pulled into my dealership and they were taking the exact model I wanted off the truck with 2 miles on it haha. Zero test drives.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Literally the reason I was so thrilled when I pulled into my dealership and they were taking the exact model I wanted off the truck with 2 miles on it haha. Zero test drives.
This. Mine had 2.7 according to the trip ODO but the actual ODO said 3. When I got back it had 5.7 so someone drove it.

I told the salesman to get the keys and nobody else drives it if he wants to make this deal. So it had 5.7 (ODO said 6). I can handle that.

I wonder more about them leaving them idle everywhere in the lots but I'm sure it's not a biggie at all.

Strifeborn

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Tech Sales
This. Mine had 2.7 according to the trip ODO but the actual ODO said 3. When I got back it had 5.7 so someone drove it.

I told the salesman to get the keys and nobody else drives it if he wants to make this deal. So it had 5.7 (ODO said 6). I can handle that.

I wonder more about them leaving them idle everywhere in the lots but I'm sure it's not a biggie at all.
Good call with the salesman ha! My sales guy had me fly through their Jeep trail in a new JL Sahara they had and after that I realized I didn't want to buy anything that someone else had driven like a maniac through there LOL.
Sponsored