Sponsored

For those of you who are concerned about the engine break-in period...

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
And another reason to order over grabbing one on the lot that everyone has been driving like they stole it...
Man, these guys were annoying... « The lighting mechanisms are different » :facepalm:
I was rolling the entire time. lmao

Also - even though you ordered - make sure you ass is there as soon as they are done processing it. If you let it sit there for a few days, this will happen. lmao

Closure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion tc

Also - even though you ordered - make sure you ass is there as soon as they are done processing it. If you let it sit there for a few days, this will happen. lmao
Wouldn't there be an issue about miles on it?

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6

Oh it won’t happen...
When I ordered my Mustang, in Ontario where they have front license plates, while we don’t in Quebec, I emailed my salesman to let him know that if someone had drilled one hole in my front bumper, I wouldn’t take the car...lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Wouldn't there be an issue about miles on it?
Pretty much all new cars have a handful of miles on them.

They definitely wouldn't have customers doing test drives in it.

But I guarantee you if it was the first JL on the lot there'd be a few workers there that'd joy ride the hell out of it.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
LOL, that’s why all of mine are conditions of sale that I inspect it before PDI and anything more than 5km mileage added to the Odometer beyond delivery reading starts costing the dealer money.

Long story short I previously ordered Wrangler from a dealer that I had always bought/serviced with, and when it finally arrived and was shown to me it had just about 350KMs on it, which when I commented they said was from a few test drives and the extensive PDI setup/test procedure. When I accessed the GPS log with the rep there that clearly showed a day-trip to Banff, I said “we’re done here” and walked away from that Wrangler and that dealership.

I’m sure sports cars get worse treatment from lookey-lous and handsy reps (makes me wonder about my old Mustangs and their gremlins), but the Wrangler is definitely up there for stuff like this.

BTW, just so you know, the system log will show you stuff like max speed etc, so if you’re even slightly concerned, take a look at the logs, and a blank log is just as bad IMO meaning they know they are hiding something.

nstone97

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK Sport - 2009 Chevy Avalanche
Occupation
Project Manager / Engineer
I need to read up again as well. I don’t recall seeing anything about logs on my first skim through the manual.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Man, things have apparently changed since my LJ rolled off the assembly line. Do Jeeps without the nav system still have a GPS log? Guess I need to read the manual before I pick one up.
I don’t think they have a GPS log without the GPS/Nav unit, as the ones I’m talking about are in the Nav system features itself.

However they all have a black-box recording unit (which is mentioned in the manual) that records speed reading, RPM, throttle position, brake pedal position, seatbelt engaged status, airbag deployment, and a few other items for crash investigation. These started being added to vehicles about a decade ago, but some vehicles a little later than others as it took a while for NHTSA to write a mandate requiring it in new vehicles.

Here’s the EDR sections from the JK and JL manuals;

JK;
9172EB5A-9433-4D9F-B18E-237217058BC6.jpeg

JL User Guide;

24F3F1B4-FF40-40DC-A270-C21CBF0D94C6.jpeg
Sponsored