Sponsored

For those going with 37s, are you regearing??

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have 37's now and love them.

Will I regear, probably, but to tell the truth I don't know why.

It drives great on/off the road. I don't do rocks. Does it see 8th gear, yea once in a while, so what.

How is that a problem? I could get some gas mileage back if I regeared, but it would take a lot of miles to get it back.

Yea, I still go out and play in the mud and trails, I am 70, but my rock days are over unless that is the only way out........... LOL

So I won't regear unless I do.......... Clear?
Sponsored

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
Thank you for the reply. My jku, with 35s and 3.73, I never touched 6th gear. Didn’t have enough power to handle it. I traded it in for the jl, didn’t want the same problem. I will regear but it’s not first on my to do list.
You're welcome.

To be fair, it's completely drivable. It'll drive in 6th and have power; Unlike my CJ7 was in 5th(actually useless).

5th is more economical and has more power. I just don't see a reason to drive in 6th unless I'm going fast.

37s do look sweet though!

IMG_5551.JPG

mickey3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 Corvette zo6, 2013 BMW 535i
Hi,

For those of you with a Rubicon going up to 37s, are you regearing? Is it necessary to regear with 37's? If I don't regear, what are the consequences?

I've seen regearing mentioned in a couple of threads but not much more than that.

Thx
I have a JKLUR with 35's with a six speed manual. I am running 5.13s.
No one thinks twice about spending big bucks for tires and wheels, but many people are reluctant to spend 1500-1800 to regear.
Regrearing your Jeep will transform the way it drives. Is it necessary to regear? No, but considering that the 3.6 is soggy below 2,000 rpm and these things have deep overdrives, I think that a regear is a great idea. I bet a Jeep shop could hook you up with some one that would let you drive their regeared jk with a 3.6 or maybe even a JL. After a test drive you will be convinced.
Why drive something that is always down shifting and never really happy in top gear? After 37's, regearing will make your Jeep better and more fun to drive than it was stock, but only if you go low enough, I say go at least 5.13s or even better 5.38s!!

Sponsored

Khsonic03

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm definitely regearing as soon as I have enough miles on the jeep where I feel comfortable that there are no locker issues like others have had.

It's still driveable, but there was a noticeable loss in throttle responsiveness and highway driving took a decent hit. Everyone travels at 80mph here. Additionally, the gears will help reduce stress on everything forward of the differential.

OJrubicon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I recently, two weeks ago today, bought a 2018 JLU Rubicon with 11k miles. It already had a lift (2.5” is my guess?) and 37s. However, the dealership I bought it from didn’t know if it was regeared or not (surpise). I’m getting 18.7mpg on the tank I’m on now, with 93 octane. I see 8th gear in flat roads, 70mph apx 1900rpm. Is there somewhere I can go to find out if it has the 4.10s or something else?

B558267F-D323-464A-8541-A1D5512928BD.jpeg

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
My $.02. Nope. 4.10s with 8spd Auto. FlashCal. I dont see a change in power. Took a hit in MPG. Dont really care.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@BbyGrlJJ has the 2.0 auto - no need to re-gear that one - it's a very beastly combo - TURBO and AUTO :)

I on the otherhand did tires and re-gear at the same time - 5.13s. I dont know how it drove with 4.10s and 37s, but I'm glad i re-geared. I feel that it's necessary.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I recently, two weeks ago today, bought a 2018 JLU Rubicon with 11k miles. It already had a lift (2.5” is my guess?) and 37s. However, the dealership I bought it from didn’t know if it was regeared or not (surpise). I’m getting 18.7mpg on the tank I’m on now, with 93 octane. I see 8th gear in flat roads, 70mph apx 1900rpm. Is there somewhere I can go to find out if it has the 4.10s or something else?

B558267F-D323-464A-8541-A1D5512928BD.jpeg
It's stock.

Sponsored

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Is there a way to show the current gear on the Rubicon? In other words how do you guys know what gear you are in? I haven't found anything on the dash console yet.

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I on the otherhand did tires and re-gear at the same time - 5.13s. I dont know how it drove with 4.10s and 37s, but I'm glad i re-geared. I feel that it's necessary.
same

love my 5.13s

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Is there a way to show the current gear on the Rubicon? In other words how do you guys know what gear you are in? I haven't found anything on the dash console yet.
Yes, it’s in settings on the dash.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Some people are some don't. I didn't with 410s I have no problems I hit all gears . Eddie with way of life that does all those cool videos on YouTube he's been around for many years. he does all kind of cool videos where they go out in the mountains and desert in Arizona and then go up in you to also California I would highly recommend watching his videos and very cool. He did one showing where he went to 5:13 yes it's quick off the line very fast but he showed were you lose a passing gear or it wont downshift as fast as the same I don't know how to explain it he shows it in his video but he said you lose that other than that it's okay to do 513s but you can keep 410s I have no problem with 410s. Go to YouTube type in way of life all his videos with show on the left side and you can find the one where he did the experiment showing the difference between the two years. any shows what you lose and what you don't lose and why you can keep for 410s if you want to

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Some people are some don't. I didn't with 410s I have no problems I hit all gears . Eddie with way of life that does all those cool videos on YouTube he's been around for many years. he does all kind of cool videos where they go out in the mountains and desert in Arizona and then go up in you to also California I would highly recommend watching his videos and very cool. He did one showing where he went to 5:13 yes it's quick off the line very fast but he showed were you lose a passing gear or it wont downshift as fast as the same I don't know how to explain it he shows it in his video but he said you lose that other than that it's okay to do 513s but you can keep 410s I have no problem with 410s. Go to YouTube type in way of life all his videos with show on the left side and you can find the one where he did the experiment showing the difference between the two years. any shows what you lose and what you don't lose and why you can keep for 410s if you want to
Eddie also has an auto. People reading this thread and re-gearing threads need to understand the difference between and auto and manual. There’s a HUGE difference.
Sponsored