Sponsored

For those going with 37s, are you regearing??

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
I'm good with 37's, 4.88's and auto trans........but only due to having the Livernois tune. When I got the gears and tires on, I was pretty disappointed due to the fact it was downshifting as much or more than stock. 4.88 and 37 is better than factory gearing, but the weight plays a huge factor. I was about to drop in 5.13's, but decided to give the tune a try. The extra HP/TQ really helped out. I'm probably running down the road very similar to someone with 5.13/37's . I'd really like to try out 5.13's AND the tune, bet it would be a hoot. But....I'm not gonna tear into the axles again and spend the coin when it isn't needed.
Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

. Here watch the video you should know who he is he's been around a long time and knows a lot about Jeep's and wheeled all over the country and! I guarantee more than you and me. This guy is very smart you can watch the video halfway through he talks about with 513 it won't go down into fourth gear for the passing gear with 488 it will. Trust me this guy knows what he's talking about you can watch all those videos he's been doing this for a long time

Well, I am not a Youtube star, but I have wheeled Jeeps for over 30 years and had a ton of different Jeeps with different gear ratios. My JLUR with the 3.6L currently has 37" KM3's and a bunch of heavy armor and accessories. I have zero problem getting down to 4th gear with my 5.13's. Could be that I live at 6,000' altitude, but when I drove down to Arizona, I do not remember struggling to pass at all. My neighbor has almost the exact same setup I have with 4.88's and after driving mine, wishes he had of gone with 5.13's. You will find opposing opinions to almost everything on this forum. At the end of the day, you can't go wrong with either ratio, but don't make a decision based on one guys opinion that posts videos driven by sponsorships.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I'm good with 37's, 4.88's and auto trans........but only due to having the Livernois tune. When I got the gears and tires on, I was pretty disappointed due to the fact it was downshifting as much or more than stock. 4.88 and 37 is better than factory gearing, but the weight plays a huge factor. I was about to drop in 5.13's, but decided to give the tune a try. The extra HP/TQ really helped out. I'm probably running down the road very similar to someone with 5.13/37's . I'd really like to try out 5.13's AND the tune, bet it would be a hoot. But....I'm not gonna tear into the axles again and spend the coin when it isn't needed.
What was the total investment for Livernois?

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I have 37's & 4.56 gears on my JLU with 3.6 v-6. It's plenty of power. I wouldn't change it if I were to do it over. Also have a Tazer hooked up.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I have a 20' Rubi 2-door running 37" KO2 D's, 4.88's and a 2.5" lift, she's also armored and has aftermarket steel bumpers and winch.
Overall I am happy with 4.88's but there is still a bit of work to be done to get everything just right :
1, Even though I reset the tires size with a taser and have put a couple thousand miles on since regearing the transmission is in need of remapping. Most noticeable when merging onto the freeway and when you punch it, it downshifts and revs to redline way too often and too easily. This should be addressed with the tune if I decide to keep and install the Edelbrock Supercharger, however if I do sell the Edelbrock then I will do the Livernois tune as they also remap the trans shift points.

2, With the 2.5" lift on a 2-door the rear pinion angle really needs to be adjusted-however with even a slight (one turn on upper adjustable rear control arms) pinion angle adjustment (still not enough) creates other issues such as the rear springs bowing towards the ass end. One of the side effects of this bowing is noticeable on on hard (floored) acceleration from a dead stop-the combination of bowed springs, 4.88's and 37's is causing momentary rear axle hop.
Fix 1: Cut off the rear spring perches and weld new ones properly positioned for lift and pinion angle. While this would probably work just fine, the fact remains the control arm and shock brackets would be slightly out of design geometry spec.
Fix 2: Strip down and remove rear axle housing, cut welds, reposition axle tubes for proper alignment and reweld. This is major work and requires a competent shop with the proper set-up jig...Kinda of pissed at myself as I had the axle housing removed and stripped when I did the gear change and should have addressed this then-Had I just thought it through it would have dawned on me then! DAM (Dumb Ass Mistake)

PS: It is way more work making 37's work properly on a 2-door than it is 35's...My OCD does not help!

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Well, I am not a You tube star, but I have wheeled Jeeps for over 30 years and had a ton of different Jeeps with different gear ratios. My JLUR with the 3.6L currently has 37" KM3's and a bunch of heavy armor and accessories. I have zero problem getting down to 4th gear with my 5.13's. Could be that I live at 6,000' altitude, but when I drove down to Arizona, I do not remember struggling to pass at all. My neighbor has almost the exact same setup I have with 4.88's and after driving mine, wishes he had of gone with 5.13's. You will find opposing opinions to almost everything on this forum. At the end of the day, you can't go wrong with either ratio, but don't make a decision based on one guys opinion that posts videos driven by sponsorships.
I hear on YouTube but Eddie is not your fly by night guy on you tube. He is really good friends with Mel the owner of Evo in California. the first gladiator or one of the first ones Evo got it and Mel and Eddie worked together on it look at it on his video's you will see what they did day 1 before anything was even out yet. he has wheeled all over the USA and done all kinds of mods that a lot of people would never even think about doing. look at one of his video's that he makes just to help others. when he shows he bad ass 8 car garage with every jeep made. the first truck jeep made is really nice. these isn't just a you tuber like you think about you tubers. go look at some of his post and you will see these guys has more experience then you and most wheeling and knows what breaks and how to mod it. Really surprised you haven't heard of Waylife with Eddie

Last edited:

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
What was the total investment for Livernois?
It was right about $900 total. I’m running the 91oct tune and very happy.

4.88’s would be fine if I lived east of the Rockies. It’s the hills and elevation that make the Jeep struggle.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I hear on YouTube but Eddie is not your fly by night guy on you tube. He is really good friends with Mel the owner of Evo in California. the first gladiator or one of the first ones Evo got it and Mel and Eddie worked together on it look at it on his video's you will see what they did day 1 before anything was even out yet. he has wheeled all over the USA and done all kinds of mods that a lot of people would never even think about doing. look at one of his video's that he makes just to help others. when he shows he bad ass 8 car garage with every jeep made. the first truck jeep made is really nice. these isn't just a you tuber like you think about you tubers. go look at some of his post and you will see these guys has more experience then you and most wheeling and knows what breaks and how to mod it. Really surprised you haven't heard of Waylife with Eddie
I never said I did not know who they were or that they did not have experience. All I said is that in my experience with the same gearing and similar setup, I have zero problem getting back down to 4th if I need to pass. In reality, it is rare that you could not pass in 5th or 6th so I am not sure what the point is either way.

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
Jason did Roky help? are you still having problems? I have not talked to roky and I probably will not tomorrow. Eric at RM told me some of what happened. Since you had a setup somewhat like Roky I thought he might be good to talk to.
Can you send a picture of you setup?
Read my explanation of the way the device works, some get confused and think it is more complicated.
The spring portion is like the center of a turnbuckle, you do not touch it at all. The bushing ends are how we adjust the length. If your setup is like Roky it should be easy. I am sorry it has not been easy. I will work with you tomorrow. Also I do not think 75 lbs will be enough, but it could be. If it is not I will get you a 100 lb unit or a 125. RM is trying to get me units. I think I told you to try the base unit. You are not stuck, however, the pressure has nothing to do with the installation so let's get past that and then see how much pressure you need. Read my post today explaining the device. When we get this right (we will do that) you will be amazed.

Tell me about your Jeep and look at the attached video on the second page 25 seconds in that was my 2018 JLR with 10000 miles no mods except winch. also read how Exact Center is explained copy and paste. We will see what we can do if you have a video of your Death Wobble please share it

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...y-roadmaster-explained-by-the-inventor.87515/
https://www.roadmasterinc.com/products/rss/exactcenter.php
Sponsored