Sponsored

For the love of God - Please stop asking which model to buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
You have people special ordering a jeep, only to take the stuff off of it when it arrives.
Wait....I'm not suppose to do this?? I need to request an RMA. ;)
Sponsored

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
People are lazy when it comes to searching. I know this shouldn't be said but if you had to choose between searching and asking the same question that's been asked before, you'll find the answer a lot quicker just by searching for your questions first.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
So since I’m buying a Rubicon Unlimited loaded with almost every option, I’m cooler than most of you??? Awesome! But wait, I’m getting a painted hard top and fenders - which I read here on the forum was for posers and soccer moms - so do I lose cool points? I could get OEM steel bumper bumpers too, but I’d only take them off right away to put on the ones I really like. Of course I’ll sell them for $100 so as not to screw over a fellow Jeeper by charging what they’re worth. I like my kidneys right where they are so am I being a little bitch for not getting 40” Super Swampers and a 6” lift? This Jeep Life is hard if you don’t have people to turn to with these burning questions! :(

PS - who do I wave to and who’s supposed to wave first?

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
So since I’m buying a Rubicon Unlimited loaded with almost every option, I’m cooler than most of you??? Awesome! But wait, I’m getting a painted hard top and fenders - which I read here on the forum was for posers and soccer moms - so do I lose cool points? I could get OEM steel bumper bumpers too, but I’d only take them off right away to put on the ones I really like. Of course I’ll sell them for $100 so as not to screw over a fellow Jeeper by charging what they’re worth. I like my kidneys right where they are so am I being a little bitch for not getting 40” Super Swampers and a 6” lift? This Jeep Life is hard if you don’t have people to turn to with these burning questions! :(

Since you are doing it all wrong, you are obligated to always wave first, but everyone is required to ignore your waves.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase

ROFLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

...and wave to everybody doggone it! I do! IDC if they wave back, cuz you best BELIEVEEE I'm gonna get my "happy fix" in whether they wave first, or not at all!

Lol If you see an excitedly waving hand in a Mojito! Jeep in H-town, it's me brah. I'm claiming it!

Sponsored

OP
OP

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
joedirt.gif

Why are boobs good? They just are, brother!

Listen to dirty Joe!

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Just wait until there are 5-6 special editions to choose from, besides the regular models. If you can’t ignore those threads now, I feel sorry for you then!:cwl:

Gilroy

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I read the original post more as a "look for a similar thread first" kind of sentiment. Maybe I'm wrong in what his intentions are and I understand his annoyance with seeing the same thread 100x from 100 different people. Kind of bogs down your surfing enjoyment. That being said, skip them if you don't want to read them. Try to write an honest helpful response if you do read them. I don't know when Jeeps got so exclusive and "clickish" but most of us sound like a bunch of teen movie, villain, popular girls half the time.

Hagie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Sting Grey, 2006 Scion xB RS4.0, 2013 Scion xB RS9.0
This forum is loaded with repetitive threads. I find it funny when I get on a page and there are 4 thread titles that are almost identical.

Guess some people haven't used forums or searches before...

OP
OP

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
I read the original post more as a "look for a similar thread first" kind of sentiment. Maybe I'm wrong in what his intentions are and I understand his annoyance with seeing the same thread 100x from 100 different people. Kind of bogs down your surfing enjoyment. That being said, skip them if you don't want to read them. Try to write an honest helpful response if you do read them. I don't know when Jeeps got so exclusive and "clickish" but most of us sound like a bunch of teen movie, villain, popular girls half the time.
Well said sir. I guess a fuse just popped in my brain when I saw the "rubicon or sahara" thread that's been going on for days now with no end in site.

If I read that for the first time, I probably wouldnt even buy a jeep, lol. Some of the responses are outlandish on the reasons they give.

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I know certain topics get monotonous. But the way some threads ramble off topic so far that they can never return is what annoys me..... pages upon pages.
Also, I appreciate people posting links to the similar threads.

Aclud4

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I’m a firm believer in searching first before asking although I’ve resigned my position in the Forum Search Nazi party several years ago. How would one search this forum in a way to find an informative answer to the issue of which model is best for their needs? Not trolling, I’m asking in all seriousness. I tried searching that before making this post and do you know what results came up? The very issue that the OP was bitching about - threads with people asking the questions and lots of replies of “get what’s right for you!” or “Rubicon or die!” or “stop asking other people what YOU should buy!” Know what I didn’t find? An answer. Lol.

In the spirit of lighting a candle rather than cursing the darkness, how difficult would it be to have a sticky thread that outlines what makes each model what it is, the differences between them, and the practical importance of those differences? Then simply pointing anyone to that thread will be easy enough and they’ll get useful information rather than the scorn and ridicule of the OG Jeep Mafia. :idea:
Maaaaan, skimming that first sentence the words “forum search” didn’t register in my pea brain and I had to go back and reread it!

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone considered the possibility of hacking by Russian Trolls?

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
The only logical choice is a granite painted fender JLUR with dual tops, upgraded stereo, and tow package.

It's just common sense.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.