Sponsored

For the love of God - Please stop asking which model to buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Movingday

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
E61B2039-4E65-439B-9210-8B4912337E4D.jpeg
Man, I don't know what forum you're reading, but this is some hogwash right here. PLENTY of love for the Sahara on here, and for painted fenders and tops. 90% of the responses on the "which Jeep should I buy" threads recommend a Sahara. And that's my problem with them: it's not that we're being unhelpful dicks, it's that the majority of the OP's know which trim is best (mostly Sahara, good amount of Sport), but want a Rubicon for whatever reason. They're not looking for help, they're looking for validation. Which is why folks are getting tired of it.

BL, buy what you love, love what you drive. And the only time to bash someone as not being a "True Jeeper" is when they bash someone else driving a Jeep--any one of em.
I agree 100% on your last paragraph. I pulled a part from my original post and pasted here. I’ll start by saying that this forum has been an amazing place for me to learn about my wrangler. The majority of people on here are awesome.
My comments had nothing to do with anything that has ever been said to me on this forum. I can’t remember one negative comment made towards me. I researched my Jeep, found exactly what I wanted, and couldn’t be happier to be driving it every day.
I was researching wheels yesterday and came across a thread where a guy was getting bashed as a “poser” for wanting fake beadlocks. It just hit me wrong and lead to my post in this thread.
Sponsored

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
I’ll say this- there isn’t a real “true Jeeper”. The unfounded assumption is that you have to be a mountain climber to own a Jeep. Fact is, there is a much larger majority that uses it for the top down, the ability to trek in different places, or even just to take doors off. The people that say “you need a Rubicon or you aren’t doing it right” forget that it’s only been around since 2003. That means for 62 years- you were the sole source of your ideas and implementation. The joy was seeing who did what. Not sure why that was so easily forgotten...

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Spirited debate, I see.

I think we all can agree, no matter if you tire of the "what should I buy" threads or love them because it allows you to help someone and share the information from the months of research that you did prior to buying your jeep, that in the end...the best advice to give folks buying a jeep is to make sure whatever they buy, with whatever options they choose, they can walk outside everyday, look at their baby (yeah...I said baby), and fall in love all over again. I was just thinking as I was walking into work this morning and turning around to take a quick glance at my Granite 2 Door Rubi...."man that is one good looking ride." Absolutely the funnest and best vehicle I have ever owned. May not ride like a Cadillac. May not have the features of the Silverado I traded in. But good gravy I just love getting behind the wheel..whether on a daily commute, top down in the mountains, or on a trail somewhere in the back woods. So whether it's Rubicon vs Sahara vs Sport, V6 vs 2.0, Granite vs Mojito, Hard top vs Soft top, Painted Fenders vs Black, etc. etc. etc., if you feel the same way I do ever day since I brought it home, you picked the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.