Sponsored

For the love of God - Please stop asking which model to buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
The only logical choice is a granite painted fender JLUR with dual tops, upgraded stereo, and tow package.

It's just common sense.
Yeah I was thinking I should have gotten that same thing. Then we could be best friends forever.
Sponsored

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
This..... (Jealous of the fake Rescue Green though...)

VA_0185333c9af54081a42876cf2302347b.jpg

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The "Fakehara"....
2018-04-23-bj40-1.jpg

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Sometimes when someone says what jeep model should I buy what they really mean is what is the differences between the models. When I bought my first JK in 2008 I didn’t know that the rubicon had a beefier front axle. Had I known that I may have purchased a rubicon instead of the X. The salesman neglected to tell me the difference and likely he didn’t know either. Lesson learned. That said, I loved that jeep and kept it for 10 years.

Sponsored

JCatherine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Well said sir. I guess a fuse just popped in my brain when I saw the "rubicon or sahara" thread that's been going on for days now with no end in site.

If I read that for the first time, I probably wouldnt even buy a jeep, lol. Some of the responses are outlandish on the reasons they give.
Lol this is funny bc I have no idea which thread you're talking about. Looks like I don't need to spend my time reading it then lol! Ty Dustin :)

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
So I am still confused. Should I start a thread asking if I bought the right Jeep?

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Lol this is funny bc I have no idea which thread you're talking about. Looks like I don't need to spend my time reading it then lol! Ty Dustin :)
What’s funny is that if he was talking about the most recent thread on the subject, then THIS thread now has more posts than it does!:cwl:

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
What’s funny is that if he was talking about the most recent thread on the subject, then THIS thread now has more posts than it does!:cwl:

LOL!

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bet some people come here to ask these questions because of inept salesmen. The first time I asked about the JL when they first came out, a salesman told me there was "really no big difference" between the JK and the JL.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I know I am going to get bitched out, and that's okay....buuuuut..

We are all different individuals that like different things. No matter how many times someone asks "what should I buy?", the question will never ever ever ever be answered accordingly. I see so much animosity on here because 'You should buy what I bought because I am cool." In fact, it seems that it is a good forum fight starter. At the end of the day, no one gives a fuck what you bought, LOL.

It's kind like choosing a wife. (or a husband for all you ladies)

You could choose a gorgeous blonde that is a model for Victoria's secret (or ladies, the stud of your dreams), but as an old grandpa told me one time "Once you get past the looks and features, they could be a bitch under the hood and not worth it".

Go test drive 1, 2, 3 or 10! When you drive away, have absolutely no regrets because you didn't get what joe shmo has.

Buy it because its what YOU want and feels right when it comes to the bottom line. My only input is make sure your family isn't doing without just for your "fix" :)

Ok, I am done :). Again, please find the good in this message. Take care.

No.

Just no.

You've assigned blame where it shouldn't exist.

Your thread title suggests that people not in the know shouldn't come for help. That's wrong, and not our place to say as contributors, as we're free to neither read nor respond to a post.

In fact your explanation flies in the face of your thread title offering the best criticism for why its wrong, and that is because people seek to justify their decisions, as you point out, as if things are one size fits all.

That's a problem that lies with the respondent, not the questioner. It's also why, check my answers, I give the factors reasonable people consider when making a decision on a particular subject matter far than any more advice that suggests "do it my way" on a topic that is full of opinions.

Example: a poster asking whether a Sahara or a Rubicon is right for them might get factors to consider like: are you going to use the off road capabilities or are you more someone who likes creature comforts--are even better, are the features in each worth the money to you.

Yes, questions come up repeatedly. Users, particularly ones not familiar with the board my shy away from searching the board first, but most of us want this to be a friendly environment.

Answers to the same questions may change over time. We can always provide a link to something that's been addressed, or ignore them.

As to your point that people need to stop the "do it my way" suggestions: I agree (unless the poster has painted a picture of a desired scenario a respondent agrees with.

Wingman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon in Mojito; 2017 Orange Blast Metallic Chevy SS
Occupation
Architect
ROFLLLLLMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::rock::rock:

I'm not as cool as you bruh because i got the BASE SPORT! Jus a lil lower on the totem pole! Awww snappp now my day is RUINED! :no: :mad:
But you got a Mojito......so you just climbed to totem pole again!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.