for snow/ice- KO2 or Goodyear Kevlars?

txj2go

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I have the stock Goodyear Kevlars on my Sport, and I have a set of KO2 Rubicon takeoffs in my storage shed. My fall Utah trips have been canceled so I'm wondering if I should go ahead and have the KO2s mounted or stick with the Kevlars through winter. On the average we don't have that much snow or ice here but it varies and possibly could happen, plus I might need to make some trips to Denver.

Advertisement

RV Wrench

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Cherokee, 93 Wrangler, 19 Wrangler
Ive been very disappointed with MTR Kevlars in snow and ice. I will never run them again. In fact, my cousin running an older set of 33-10.50 KO2's walked right around me in the snow once and mine were 35-12.50's. They are a pretty hard rubber and dont grip well in those conditions.

In fact, softer tires like the Patagonias are noticeably better in those conditions. If you want to support a US company, go with the Trxus MT radial.

RedundanT

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
MT tires in general are a poor choice for snow and ice. Look for the "mountain" symbol on the sidewall like the K02 has.

Hayseed_JLUR

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Also look at the Duratracs - they have been great in snow for our JK and still very capable on trails.

Advertisement

Superchips Flashcal Programmer out for JL Wrangler

Advertisement