Sponsored

For an extra 5K I should have gotten a Rubi but....

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
  • Banned
.....the $42K unlimited I can "build" on Jeep's site doesnt actually exist. Within 150 miles of me there is only one with a manual transmission and it's a 2 door. Evrything else is 50 gtrand or more. I guess wanting lockers, 4.10's and bigger tires means you also must want every other option available. So frustrating.

If time werent an issue I would have ordered mine. But if time werent an issue it would mean that my previous vehicle wasnt totalled. And if it wasnt totalled I'd still be driving it and never would have gotten a Jeep in the first place.

BTW... looking at the price of the MOAB - what in the hell does that thing come with? Those stickers sure must cost a lot.
Sponsored

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
I noticed that too. :The only Rubicons near me that are under $45K are used. The new ones are all optioned out to $48-54K+. Crazy.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I noticed that too. :The only Rubicons near me that are under $45K are used. The new ones are all optioned out to $48-54K+. Crazy.
I bought from one of the dealers in Idaho and I ordered and got a manual Rubicon unlimited with LEDs, towing, infotainment, dual tops, body colored fenders, and some other little things for $47,500 out the door with tax and everything. My local dealers would simply not move below invoice and with mandatory add-on were ~$8000 higher, but couldn't figure out why I wasn't going to order through them.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The Moab has almost all of the Sahara options, that’s why it’s so expensive lol

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Because the Rubicon is geared toward people who want to check all (or most) of the boxes. Why would a dealership stock a Rubicon on the lot with few or no additional options when that’s not what most Rubicon buyers are looking for? A bare bones Rubicon is something that you’ll likely have to order.

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
A bare bones Rubicon is something that you’ll likely have to order.
I'm guessing the dude wouldn't be complaining about it if ordering a custom jeep was worse than a visit to the dentist. I'm not sure if it's a new thing, but Chrysler won't let you order exactly what you want if the parts happen to not be available at the moment, or the night sky has too many clouds, or whatever. I don't know. It's stupid and annoying. And then dealers don't want to do it and they don't want to give you a deal.

I also disagree? Rubicons come stripped down and with everything optional for a reason. IIRC in the JK days you could even order them without air conditioning. It was more like a sport with more offroad goodies, yea? The Sahara was the one where you'd check all the options boxes.

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT
I bought from one of the dealers in Idaho and I ordered and got a manual Rubicon unlimited with LEDs, towing, infotainment, dual tops, body colored fenders, and some other little things for $47,500 out the door with tax and everything. My local dealers would simply not move below invoice and with mandatory add-on were ~$8000 higher, but couldn't figure out why I wasn't going to order through them.
Yours reads like my purchase - same options as you except I didn't want body colored fenders. I couldn't find a manual Rubi JLUR with all of the options I wanted and so I went to Idaho as well and also paid $47 for a factory build with everything I wanted

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I'm guessing the dude wouldn't be complaining about it if ordering a custom jeep was worse than a visit to the dentist. I'm not sure if it's a new thing, but Chrysler won't let you order exactly what you want if the parts happen to not be available at the moment, or the night sky has too many clouds, or whatever. I don't know. It's stupid and annoying. And then dealers don't want to do it and they don't want to give you a deal.

I also disagree? Rubicons come stripped down and with everything optional for a reason. IIRC in the JK days you could even order them without air conditioning. It was more like a sport with more offroad goodies, yea? The Sahara was the one where you'd check all the options boxes.
Maybe I’m wrong. But it seems everyone I’ve talked to personally trying to buy a stripped down Rubicon has come up empty in searching dealership lots. This is in the Houston market with dozens of dealerships within 100 miles or so. Maybe it’s different elsewhere.

And yes, Jeep’s ordering system is a nightmare. Even the people selling them can’t reliably tell you what is or isn’t available to order on a given day, and they know as little (or less) than we do as to why.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Dealers tend to check the boxes on the Jeeps when it comes to options. Take a look at any major dealership with 90 hardtop/automatic JL's on the lot.

OP
OP
anotherWS6

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Thats pretty much my point.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Maybe you’ll be be able to find a Sport that’s bare bones for a lower price and add the things you want from the aftermarket and probably still come out cheaper than a similarly equipped Rubicon?

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
.....the $42K unlimited I can "build" on Jeep's site doesnt actually exist. Within 150 miles of me there is only one with a manual transmission and it's a 2 door. Evrything else is 50 gtrand or more. I guess wanting lockers, 4.10's and bigger tires means you also must want every other option available. So frustrating.

If time werent an issue I would have ordered mine. But if time werent an issue it would mean that my previous vehicle wasnt totalled. And if it wasnt totalled I'd still be driving it and never would have gotten a Jeep in the first place.

BTW... looking at the price of the MOAB - what in the hell does that thing come with? Those stickers sure must cost a lot.
Have you tried Koons?

https://www.koonsjeep.com/new-inven...LIMITED+RUBICON+4X4&sortBy=internetPrice+asc&

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Maybe you’ll be be able to find a Sport that’s bare bones for a lower price and add the things you want from the aftermarket and probably still come out cheaper than a similarly equipped Rubicon?
Not bare bones, bu that' what I did.