Sponsored

For all you 8.4 Uconnect peeps (quick question)

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Too much horse s#!t in these infotainment systems . Another way to charge more for a vehicle. Satellite radio and navigation with traffic about all I want. I was taught to plan a trip of any significance as a pilot. That means checking the weather in advance, not being surprised. If I'm trying to beat mother nature, I have my cell tablet and phone.
Sponsored

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
@Greg H

There is no way to turn off just the "pop up alerts" as you state.

Unless.... you have discovered a way to do that nobody else is aware of. If so lets hear that way. 8-)

Yes, the Tazer JL can disable Travel Link completely, but then you lose a lot more then just the pop ups.

I just checked my JLUR and you are right it doesn't have the option to turn it off. My 16 Challenger RT has the 8.4 uconnect in it and it does have the option to turn it off completely or select the alerts you want.ihad assumed they would be the same.

If you really dont like it you can call SiriusXM and have them cancel your travel Link subscription.

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I just checked my JLUR and you are right it doesn't have the option to turn it off. My 16 Challenger RT has the 8.4 uconnect in it and it does have the option to turn it off completely or select the alerts you want.ihad assumed they would be the same.

If you really dont like it you can call SiriusXM and have them cancel your travel Link subscription.
@Greg H

Actually, I have no problem with Travel Link, though I will admit, I would rather not have the alerts.

I just wanted to point out you were wrong in what you said in your post so guys here would not waste time trying to turn it off.

Oh by the way, if you call, you cannot cancel the subscription. Forum member's have tried this, and were told the free subscription cannot be canceled.

Sponsored