Sponsored

For all the people who have bought/order JL? Why risk first year production of redesign?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
2,000 miles, no issues. I put about 1,000 on it last weekend on a road trip. This thing is perfect, so far. It is a great highway machine, even with the 35's. I could comfortably drive it all the way to California, do the Rubicon Trail, then drive it home, in total comfort. What other vehicle could do that?
Sponsored

txbonds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JL
Vehicle Showcase
To the OP, This is a very simple question to answer. It’s because my wife’s only stipulation for letting me trade her trail edition 4Runner was that it had to have a back up camera that beeped (sonar). Took me all of 5 minutes to figure out the JL was the only model to,offer that without an aftermarket add on.

manuka

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR (on order), 2017 Chevy Volt
Because I've waited 23 years since my last one and I'm done waiting.

Me too! I had a CJ in the early 90s and have been waiting to return to the Jeep world!

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
2,000 miles, no issues. I put about 1,000 on it last weekend on a road trip. This thing is perfect, so far. It is a great highway machine, even with the 35's. I could comfortably drive it all the way to California, do the Rubicon Trail, then drive it home, in total comfort. What other vehicle could do that?
Been waiting to hear more from you, not disappointed lol

WranglerJLU4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Patriot
Usually its never a good idea to buy the first year of production after a redesign on a vehicle. For those who have already bought why take that risk? Fore those who have not and are waiting for second year of production what about the JL is giving you concerns? I have heard that chrysler is not known for quality, but had the impression that lately it has improved.
The jeep wrangler is their cash cow for sure. So releasing a new wrangler with problems and recalls would be a huge set back and hard to restore trust from the jeep loyalists once that is broken, and the preception is tarnished? I would think jeep would not release until they where sure the wrangler was solid (they could sell jk's until jl comes out anyways, so why risk it)? So do you think this is a quality re-design based on what is known today?
You do not seem to understand the true relationship between JEEP and their OWNERS. I guess it is a Jeep Thang.

Sponsored

OP
OP

sjappers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, tacoma
You do not seem to understand the true relationship between JEEP and their OWNERS. I guess it is a Jeep Thang.
I understand now more than ever based on all the different responses. It has ranged from jeep is poor quality and cover your ass to this is the best most tested jeep ever...buy buy buy...Big range of responses from this thread, and also many others. I learned enough background about the different components to get a feel for the risk. There are things I am still worried about that have not had much testing. Regardless I ordered one a ways back, so this thread was very helpful to me (thks for all responses). I have a bunch of work buddies that want to go for a ride as soon as I get it:)

WranglerJLU4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Patriot
I understand now more than ever based on all the different responses. It has ranged from jeep is poor quality and cover your ass to this is the best most tested jeep ever...buy buy buy...Big range of responses from this thread, and also many others. I learned enough background about the different components to get a feel for the risk. There are things I am still worried about that have not had much testing. Regardless I ordered one a ways back, so this thread was very helpful to me (thks for all responses). I have a bunch of work buddies that want to go for a ride as soon as I get it:)
Congrats!!! on your order. Glad to have you as Jeep owner. Enjoy!
Sponsored