Footwear for Manual Trans Wheeling

NickTinVA

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Hi all! Here's a question I haven't seen. East Coast Jeeper here which means mud, slop, slush and snow more than dust and rocks. Was curious to see what folks preferred for footwear when wheeling. For the trails I've done here in Virginia a high ankle hiking boot would be great... But not great for driving in, particularly with clutch work.

I've tried the "bring two pairs" thing, but as we know, space is at a premium, and I like to hop in and out quickly without holding up the group. Not a life or death thing obviously, but was curious if anyone had great suggestions I hadn't thought of!

Cheers,
Nick
Sponsored

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Hi all! Here's a question I haven't seen. East Coast Jeeper here which means mud, slop, slush and snow more than dust and rocks. Was curious to see what folks preferred for footwear when wheeling. For the trails I've done here in Virginia a high ankle hiking boot would be great... But not great for driving in, particularly with clutch work.

I've tried the "bring two pairs" thing, but as we know, space is at a premium, and I like to hop in and out quickly without holding up the group. Not a life or death thing obviously, but was curious if anyone had great suggestions I hadn't thought of!

Cheers,
Nick
bare feet - Au natural

Somnium

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon - Sting Gray
Occupation
Systems Administrator - IT
I throw in some Teva strap-style sandals just in case there is 'pokie' things in the mud... otherwise bare foot it is.

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I wear 6" lightweight Goretex hikers, and don't cinch the top laces too tight. This pair is from Corcoran.
Jeep Wrangler JL Footwear for Manual Trans Wheeling {filename}

sjl136

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Willys 2dr, ‘90 YJ, '22 4Runner

Cheers,
Nick
These are my go to boots for wheeling (The North Face Men's Ultra Fastpack III Mid GTX Hiking Boots). I like how the sole curves up at the heel, helps with driving longer without getting pressure in the heel. Lightweight, not too bulky, waterproof. Unfortunately it looks like North Face discontinued them. I am looking to buy a second pair, and you may be able to find them depending on your size.

Jeep Wrangler JL Footwear for Manual Trans Wheeling {filename}