Sponsored

Update - Got 37s. They Fit! - Foiled plans. MOPAR LIFT KIT $2k + installation - Who is running 37s on a stock XR

kah.mun.rah

First Name
Merenkahre Jr.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Why do so many people think to retain a factory warranty the lift kit has to be Mopar and it gets installed by the dealership?
It is lame but I actually had a dealership make me prove that my Mopar lift was installed by a certified Mopar dealer before they would cover my bad locker sensor under warranty. I'm not saying that all dealers are that picky but mine was. They also checked the engine compartment with a flashlight for about 15 minutes looking for mice footprints since if they see any sign of mice they void any warranty repairs electrical related as well.
Sponsored

Caliguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JLU
I pretty much have a mopar lift that I only took the springs and shocks from and have the rest in a box.

Front LCAs
End links
Spring isolators

If you can order springs and shocks I could send you the rest for super cheap

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
What shocks did you pair with the GC lift?
I have a bit of a Frankenstein setup as I started with a Rock Krawler lift and then moved to MC control arms after not loving the maintenance and wear characteristics of the RK joints, but I'm just running Fox 2.0s for 2-3" lift and am very happy with them. Plenty of articulation for all the hard west coast trails.

I wheel with some buddies who are all on MC GC lifts and all of them swear by Falcons paired with it. I think that's the Cadillac option if you can afford them.

I personally wouldn't go with six packs unless I had a trailer rig. I think they leak a bit too much and are bulky and somewhat vulnerable on a daily rig. Rock sports are a bit cheap too, but they're not bad units. Metalcoak is also working on an unannounced set of absolutely badass looking 2.5-3.0 size reservoir shocks that popped up in a Casey250 video a few months back, but no word on their release date.

starrs

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Registered Nurse
37s will fit fine without a different lift kit. You mentioned a 1” spacer going in up front which will definitely leave you without any worries. What rims are you going with? The Mopar wheels are 17x8 if I’m not mistaken.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Local dealer is running a buy 3 get 1 tire sale. The plan was simple, stay within warranty and get a Mopar lift on my JLURXR and swap the 315/70/17 tires for 37/12.5/17 BFG KO2s, get it done now and sell off the factory XR tires with low mileage to recoup a few bucks. Tire price was quoted and the numbers looked good so I pulled the trigger on ordering the tires
 then 2 hours later came another email with a $2,000 price tag on the MOPAR lift kit + install and taxes. When I looked online a few weeks back they were running about $1,500 for a Mopar lift so for price and retaining factory warranty it made sense. Parts department at the dealer said that they had a massive price jump on a ton of MOPAR items over the weekend. I figured they were marking them up, got quotes from 3 other dealers, same price $2,095.

I am now reconsidering options and looking into better aftermarket lifts for a slightly higher price tag than the MOPAR lift. It doesn’t make sense to me to spend $2,700 OTD on a Mopar lift when I can get something way better for an extra $1,000 or so. Time isn’t on my side, my tire install is in 2 days and I cant get a lift kit in time to make it happen all at once. I went ahead and ordered the MOPAR LCAs based on several members stating that the XR should’ve come with them anyways, and I have a 1“ TF spacer for the front end rake, I am hoping that I will be ok until I can narrow down an alternative lift kit and get it installed.

The dealer that I am getting the tires from happens to be fairly popular on Youtube due to one of their employees‘ videos, their stuff gets posted on the forum frequently. He clearly has a lot of knowledge about Jeeps, aftermarket mods, etc. I figured I would just head down there and get an expert opinion. Turns out he no longer works there, nobody from the dealership knows where he is or why he hasnt showed up to work for several weeks. So here I am, a novice Jeeper, taking a stock XR with plastic bumpers and throwing 37s on it, the only immediate mods are the LCAs and a 1” spacer for the front coils, and here I am turning to the online Jeep community for assistance.

Did I F*** Up?

Thoughts/prayers and Input appreciated.
No, they will be absolutely fine. You won’t notice any rubbing on the street. Take your time and plan the lift. GL!

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
The Mopar lift price has gotten out of hand. If you want to retain a factory quality ride, for a low price, go with a spacer lift. Rough Country has a 2.5 spacer lift for under $250. It uses spacers and brackets and retains your stock springs/shocks. I'd add an adjustable track bar and either the longer Mopar lowers or geo brackets to improve caster. All in you are looking at less than $500 for parts.

OP
OP
Jeeppaul91

Jeeppaul91

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURXR
Occupation
Real Estate
37s will fit fine without a different lift kit. You mentioned a 1” spacer going in up front which will definitely leave you without any worries. What rims are you going with? The Mopar wheels are 17x8 if I’m not mistaken.
Im just using the wheels that came with the XR package.

OP
OP
Jeeppaul91

Jeeppaul91

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURXR
Occupation
Real Estate
I have a bit of a Frankenstein setup as I started with a Rock Krawler lift and then moved to MC control arms after not loving the maintenance and wear characteristics of the RK joints, but I'm just running Fox 2.0s for 2-3" lift and am very happy with them. Plenty of articulation for all the hard west coast trails.

I wheel with some buddies who are all on MC GC lifts and all of them swear by Falcons paired with it. I think that's the Cadillac option if you can afford them.

I personally wouldn't go with six packs unless I had a trailer rig. I think they leak a bit too much and are bulky and somewhat vulnerable on a daily rig. Rock sports are a bit cheap too, but they're not bad units. Metalcoak is also working on an unannounced set of absolutely badass looking 2.5-3.0 size reservoir shocks that popped up in a Casey250 video a few months back, but no word on their release date.
Are your friends using the Falcon reservoir shocks?

drrags

First Name
Arno
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR, 2022 JKUR
Occupation
Retired
I installed 37" BFGs immediately on my XR. After I installed a winch and steel bumper, I added spacers on the front to restore the ride height. I did eventually install a 2.5" lift. I never had any clearance issues even at max flex. I did a lot of checking, and I have no front driveshaft issues either. I suspect clearance issues come into play at 3.5" like on my JK.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I installed 37" BFGs immediately on my XR. After I installed a winch and steel bumper, I added spacers on the front to restore the ride height. I did eventually install a 2.5" lift. I never had any clearance issues even at max flex. I did a lot of checking, and I have no front driveshaft issues either. I suspect clearance issues come into play at 3.5" like on my JK.
It’s shock extension, not lift height that matters for the driveshaft. RK’s recommendation is driveshaft once your extended length is 29” or more.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Are your friends using the Falcon reservoir shocks?
If you are looking for Resi’s it’s worth checking out the Bilstein 5165 and new Fox 2.0 Reservoirs. Both offer good value if you don’t need the added cooling of the 2.5s or adjustability.

Once you decide on a shock, don’t chose solely on advertised lift height. Choose based on compressed/extended length.

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
If you are a Jeep newbie with an XR why do you feel the need for 37”tires? Is your XR getting hung up a lot where you drive? If not, I’d highly recommend just driving the thing. A decent winch on front and learning to drive off road will pay far bigger benefits than adding bigger tires just’cause
This is really great advice. The stock XR is incredibly capable, and I have minimal issues keeping up with the taller lifted Jeeps on 37's in my club, even if it means being a little more selective with my lines. I too would say drive it first then see if you really need to spend that amount of money.

Jeep Wrangler JL Update - Got 37s. They Fit! - Foiled plans. MOPAR LIFT KIT $2k + installation - Who is running 37s on a stock XR IMG_9222

firedude

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 392 Stingray
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired firefighter
Here are pics with stock XR suspension then with MC 2.5 installed. No problems with the 37's on stock. I do have wheels with 3.5 backspace.

IMG_4922.JPG

IMG_4972.JPG

OP
OP
Jeeppaul91

Jeeppaul91

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURXR
Occupation
Real Estate
Go ahead and put the 37’s on with stock suspension and see how it goes
. I have 37” KM3’s on my XR and wheel it harder than most and no rubbing whatsoever!
I like the low center of gravity and stock driveline geometry even if my flex is slightly limited

Jeep Wrangler JL Update - Got 37s. They Fit! - Foiled plans. MOPAR LIFT KIT $2k + installation - Who is running 37s on a stock XR IMG_4972.JPG
Picked it up this morning. Here it is with 37s, 1” TF front coil spacers and Mopar lift LCAs. Got some improvement on the bump stop gap

CE7DCAFC-CD69-494F-B4A8-6F949667AEF2.jpeg

BFAE4C1D-C152-4A00-8BFB-A321B09F4ADE.jpeg

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Picked it up this morning. Here it is with 37s, 1” TF front coil spacers and Mopar lift LCAs. Got some improvement on the bump stop gap

Jeep Wrangler JL Update - Got 37s. They Fit! - Foiled plans. MOPAR LIFT KIT $2k + installation - Who is running 37s on a stock XR BFAE4C1D-C152-4A00-8BFB-A321B09F4ADE

Jeep Wrangler JL Update - Got 37s. They Fit! - Foiled plans. MOPAR LIFT KIT $2k + installation - Who is running 37s on a stock XR BFAE4C1D-C152-4A00-8BFB-A321B09F4ADE
No spacer in back? Adjustable track bar? Let's see some side pictures!
Sponsored