Sponsored

Foggy Mornings & Dusty Trails | INTRODUCING the all-new KC FLEX ERA® 3 Dual Mode SAE Fog Lights

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
We were starting out wit the JL Forum. It isn't free for us to be on the forums. So we wanted to see how much engagement we got on the JL forums first. I'll follow up with the team on this.
I figured that was the case. Well you guys are killing it lately with the flex series!
Sponsored

OP
OP
KC HiLiTES

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT, 1969 Wagoneer
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lighting Adventures Since 1970
I figured that was the case. Well you guys are killing it lately with the flex series!
Thank you! Just wait to see what we got coming out next! Couple of really cool things in the works.

fresh

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
The other side of "y" would plug into a 2 pin connector to our fuse, relay, switch harness. This would give control to the bottom spot beam. Turning that on would turn on all 3 lights at once for both sets. You could use our provided switch. I would recommend using an auxiliary switch system if you have one to avoid drilling a hole to install our provided switch. Mopar Switches, Spod, Trigger, Switch Pros, something like that. But yes you can use the switch we provide if wanted.
Just got the lights installed and want to wire to my aux switch box, but the switch wiring has 3 wires, red black and yellow, while my switch system only provides for power and ground, leaving the yellow "supply" wire or red "load" wire unattached. Which do I use for power, and what do I do with the other one?

EDIT: I just realized what supply and load were, and that my switch box already provides power supply, so I connected the red load wire to it and left the yellow supply wire free, and everything works now.

Jeep Wrangler JL Foggy Mornings & Dusty Trails | INTRODUCING the all-new KC FLEX ERA® 3 Dual Mode SAE Fog Lights PXL_20221206_024135025.MP

Last edited:

robtown

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD TBD
Yes it should fit as long as the steel isn't thicker than 3/8" to get the washer and lock nut fully seated.

The harness has a "y" split. The Jeep version has a compacitor in it because Jeep likes to complicate things, lol.

One side is a 3 pin connector that would plug into the light.

One side would plug into the factory harness. As long as that is still installed in your Jeep, shouldn't be an issue. There is a plug on the passenger side to remove the harness to the two factory fogs. Some people remove it with aftermarket bumpers. Our "y" harness would plug into that harness that plugs into each factory location plugs. This would give you control from the factory button in the cab to turn on the top two projector style fogs in each light.

The other side of "y" would plug into a 2 pin connector to our fuse, relay, switch harness. This would give control to the bottom spot beam. Turning that on would turn on all 3 lights at once for both sets. You could use our provided switch. I would recommend using an auxiliary switch system if you have one to avoid drilling a hole to install our provided switch. Mopar Switches, Spod, Trigger, Switch Pros, something like that. But yes you can use the switch we provide if wanted.

Hope that all made sense. Let me know if you have any other questions. I wired my Offroad mode to my 10" flex amber bar. So when I turn on my amber bar, it turns on the SAE Offroad Mode.

Jeep Wrangler JL Foggy Mornings & Dusty Trails | INTRODUCING the all-new KC FLEX ERA® 3 Dual Mode SAE Fog Lights PXL_20221206_024135025.MP
Do you have any more pictures of the Flex 3 along with the 10” Flex Array? What do you have for cowl lights if any?

I really like the idea of the Flex 3 fog, new array 10” on the bumper loop and a couple of single arrays on a small cowl bracket for ditch lights (something not too obtrusive).

any better ETA on the new flex array, last I think I saw was 3-4 months away.

CjMiller7

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Gobi XR
@KC HiLiTES I got these lights in today and upon connecting them to make sure everything works, I found the lights will just flash two or three times and then just stay off? Do I need to flash the system to get the Jeep to accept the new lights even though the previous fog lights were LEDs also?

Sponsored

OP
OP
KC HiLiTES

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Do you have any more pictures of the Flex 3 along with the 10” Flex Array? What do you have for cowl lights if any?

I really like the idea of the Flex 3 fog, new array 10” on the bumper loop and a couple of single arrays on a small cowl bracket for ditch lights (something not too obtrusive).

any better ETA on the new flex array, last I think I saw was 3-4 months away.
Jeep Wrangler JL Foggy Mornings & Dusty Trails | INTRODUCING the all-new KC FLEX ERA® 3 Dual Mode SAE Fog Lights 1670367410896

I don't have a ton of pictures with both the FE3 SAE and the OLD 10" bar on. You can see them both on in this picture though. Yes I have several other lights also. If you got a set of FE4 angled out on your cowl (or FE3 if you want smaller), then when the new 10" comes out, put that facing forward on your bumper. That would cover most people's needs. Still the same ETA, we don't have a set in stone date yet.

OP
OP
KC HiLiTES

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
@KC HiLiTES I got these lights in today and upon connecting them to make sure everything works, I found the lights will just flash two or three times and then just stay off? Do I need to flash the system to get the Jeep to accept the new lights even though the previous fog lights were LEDs also?
No you shouldn't need to flash it. I'll send you a private message and see if I can help figure out the issue.

Comtech392

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 XJ 2 door & 2021 Sting Grey 392 XR
Occupation
Technician
No you shouldn't need to flash it. I'll send you a private message and see if I can help figure out the issue.
what was the fix for this ? I just ran into this same problem today

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
what was the fix for this ? I just ran into this same problem today
If you had the OEM LED lights, you need to use JSCAN to switch the Wrangler back to the non-LED fogs. The KC lights come with a device built into the wiring harness that allows them to work on non-LED Wranglers and the easy way to fix is to change the setting in JSCAN. Worked for me.
Sponsored