Fog Light wiring connector?

Sangiuolo11

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
So I removed my steel bumpers with factory fogs and installed a JCR Offroad bumper with LED cubes. I want to wire the cubes to the fogs wiring harness, so that the factory switch controls the LED cubes.

When I disconnected the bumper and fog light wiring from the vehicle, I left dangling the wire harness connector for the fogs. Initially, I planned on cutting it off and splicing in the LED's. Then I got to thinking, if I ever remove the bumper for any reason, I will have a devil of a time unmounting the LED cubes (internal to the bumper) to remove the wiring, why don't I just buy a connector to wire the LED's to, that way I can jsut use the snap connector to disconnect them.

So off to Jeep store I went, only to find that the connector isn't sold separately, but as part of the fogs wiring harness for $50. Here is a pic of the connector in question. Does anyone have any ideas on where to find a connector like this short of paying $50 for the entire harness?
IMG_0406.jpg
do you have a link to the OEM wiring harness for the fog lights? I can’t seem to find it
Sponsored

Sangiuolo11

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Anyone have a link to where I can get a new fog light wiring harness? Can’t seem to find it on the mopar site.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have a link to where I can get a new fog light wiring harness? Can’t seem to find it on the mopar site.
Hey guy. Here you go. The may be a later version with an AE at the end but this was off a 2020.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fog Light wiring connector? 9D9A6DA4-D459-4E97-974C-E10D4DB6CE38

OP
OP
BobK

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase

BearcatMLA

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep 3.0L diesel granite crystal metallic
I thought about buying another connector as well but figured a few splices wouldn’t hurt. I’m no electrician though so I have a question. I cut the lead off of the rough country led lights that came with my front bumper and played with them against the factory fog light connector until I found the black wire(typically ground) to be seemingly unneeded. Maybe the lights will simply function without a ground... I hooked the black to black and the other two wires together from the factory leads and the led lights and everything is working off of the stock switch for the fog lights. The strange part is that the fuse that came with the lights leading upto this click button switch doesn’t have to be installed for them to work. I’m guessing that’s because the lights are now running through the fuse for the factory fog lights. Anyone see an issue with leaving that 30amp in-line fuse installed?

9475641D-4AEC-4C53-8F96-660B7B033459.jpeg

7FD81E8D-6A5F-4AF9-A2B6-9C18E0AFE889.jpeg

D0693181-AE0A-4442-B79B-FE6D2281CDD7.jpeg

Sponsored

DougM55

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Thanks, @EASaharaUJL I have some parts on the way to modify the OEM plugs to add an additional pin.
I replaced the stock fogs with Rigid Radiance cubes and plan to use the stock switch for the fog LEDs and tsp into the parking lights for the amber halos.
Seemed like most places had a minimum quantity for ordering the pins and plugs. I found mine at https://www.corsa-technic.com/index.php. The parts were about $1.50 plus $5.00 shipping.

Old_skool

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon
Thanks, @EASaharaUJL I have some parts on the way to modify the OEM plugs to add an additional pin.
I replaced the stock fogs with Rigid Radiance cubes and plan to use the stock switch for the fog LEDs and tsp into the parking lights for the amber halos.
Seemed like most places had a minimum quantity for ordering the pins and plugs. I found mine at https://www.corsa-technic.com/index.php. The parts were about $1.50 plus $5.00 shipping.

DougM55.
What part numbers did you use to mate to the factory harness? The Corsa website does not have the 7283-5924-10 or 7282-5570-10

DougM55

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I’m sorry I don’t have the part numbers. I checked out using my wife’s PayPal account and tossed the paper invoice after the install.

They have 3 different sizes of parts based on the gauge of wire being used. I was working with 14 to 16 gauge so I ordered all the “medium” sized parts. All the male/female pins match up regardless of size. I used a basic crimper and needle nose pliers to crimp them on the wires and rubber grommets.

The rubber grommets are the same size OD. Only the hole size is different to accommodate the insulation depending on the gauge of the wire. One of the grommets I bought was probably too small but I didn’t have any trouble stretching it over the wire insulation. Then the back half of the pin crimps over a collar on the grommet.

The biggest learning is to see if you can buy a removal tool to remove the white plastic insert of the plug to remove/insert the pins. That was tough for me using eye glass screwdrivers and small needle nose pliers. You need 3-4 hands to get the insert out.

Overall it was an easy job but required a lot of patience and finesse to insert the new pins and get them locked in place.

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I just cut mine from the bumper and tested it to one fog light and it worked. Now i just have to buy some lights for my stubby bumper and wire it up.

16010606496976837879661792788220.jpg

Sponsored

TheRealChad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi 4xe
I just cut mine from the bumper and tested it to one fog light and it worked. Now i just have to buy some lights for my stubby bumper and wire it up.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fog Light wiring connector? 16010606496976837879661792788220
Probably a rookie question, but I would like to run the fog harness (button on light selecteo)to pre runner lights which just have 2 wires instead of 3. I have an aftermarket bumper so this connector took is free now. With this approach of cutting from bumper side, would I splice the two positive wires from the harness to the positive on the light, and negative to negative? Or how do you wire the 3 wires to 2? Thanks!!!

Trav73

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
I know this is an old discussion, but I'm looking for some information wiring in my KC dual mode fog lights. What is the reason for individual left and right (WH/YE and WH/OG) for Jeeps without park assist? From the looks of it they can be spliced together and ran as a single wire then split again to power both fog lights? I'm no expert at reading wiring diagrams, but I'm building my own Deutsch connector harness and would like to get away with using just a two-pin connector at the factory fog light plug.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fog Light wiring connector? 1702788688797

Trav73

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLUR
Probably a rookie question, but I would like to run the fog harness (button on light selecteo)to pre runner lights which just have 2 wires instead of 3. I have an aftermarket bumper so this connector took is free now. With this approach of cutting from bumper side, would I splice the two positive wires from the harness to the positive on the light, and negative to negative? Or how do you wire the 3 wires to 2? Thanks!!!
I think I have the same question. I'll do some testing tomorrow, worst thing is I get a dash light warning or something.
Sponsored