Fog light replacement.

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I just received my Morimoto fog lights for my JL. Seems like lots of info for changing the bubs but not much for the entire unit. Will I need to take the front bumper off to change them?
Sponsored

Red-5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Rebelcon
Vehicle Showcase
I installed my morimoto xb led fogs today...I took off the air dam, and the euro filler piece. Once the euro piece is off, you'll be able to disconnect the factory fog wiring and unscrew the factory housing with bracket. Once removed, unscrew the adjustment screw from the factory fog and pop out the two other ball joint connectors to remove the factory bracket. Reuse the white adjuster piece from the factory housing in the xb's and reuse the factory bracket. Connect the bracket by starting with the adjustment screw, then popping the two ball joint connectors in. Connect the wiring and screw in the xb with bracket. Make sure you adjust the beam at this point. Reinstall euro thing. Once other side is finished, reinstall wind dam. Took about 60 min total.

20181216_220616.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
They look nice. I can't wait to get the Morimoto headlights and the adapter bracket too..

Sponsored

OP
OP

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I did install the fogs today. Wow what a difference from just replacing the halogen bulb with a LED bulb.
Sponsored