Fob Pocket Clip

AEDRUBI

First Name
AED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL RUBICON
Is anyone making a pocket clip for the key fob....something akin to the clip on a pocket knife, so it doesn’t fall to the bottom of the pocket
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Those look nice, just seems to make a massive key fob even bigger. A small simple metal clip would be pretty nice.
How would that attach to the key fob?

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The dimensional increase from the Gibson holster is well worth the protection to a rather pricy piece of plastic. I for one would prefer to avoid the same inevitable wear pattern that didn't take long to show up on both my folding knife and phone holster. I chose the windowed version of his holster because it creates a recess that not only protects against accidental button presses, but also helps guide my finger to the desired buttoneven through clothing. An added bonus was the black leather with red stitching to match the Rubi.

No offense intended, but I'd happily pay double what hes asking to avoid paper clips and rubber bands.

flyingmonkey

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (SOLD), RAM 1500 LARAMIE
The dimensional increase from the Gibson holster is well worth the protection to a rather pricy piece of plastic. I for one would prefer to avoid the same inevitable wear pattern that didn't take long to show up on both my folding knife and phone holster. I chose the windowed version of his holster because it creates a recess that not only protects against accidental button presses, but also helps guide my finger to the desired buttoneven through clothing. An added bonus was the black leather with red stitching to match the Rubi.

No offense intended, but I'd happily pay double what hes asking to avoid paper clips and rubber bands.
I second that.

Sponsored

Huskywrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

While I agree with some of the points you made I'd have to ask on previous vehicles did you need a key case? I've never found my self abusing a key to the point I'm worried about it breaking. For what its worth the leather cases would be a viable option but I happen to have manual locks so it just creates more of a head ache.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I think they are tasteful, look well done and I think the added protection is worth it.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
While I agree with some of the points you made I'd have to ask on previous vehicles did you need a key case? I've never found my self abusing a key to the point I'm worried about it breaking. For what its worth the leather cases would be a viable option but I happen to have manual locks so it just creates more of a head ache.
No case for previous fob and it didn't have a switchblade style key. Had to replace the battery 4 or 5 times in 2-1/2 years which i thought seemed excessive. A few months before trading it in for the wrangler, I happened to stop to retie my boot a short distance away from the car and the locks were freaking out. Turns out I was mashing buttons all the time. That car had proximity and I ordered that for the wrangler, so the key never gets used and the case prevents it from unfolding. I'm not abusive to it, so it's probably more protection against button mashing.

Apparently, proximity has caused me to not even think about using the key, so now I see that this holster only jives with that feature.
Sponsored