Sponsored

F'n FCA. Thanks for selling my phone number.

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Rock Red Pearl 2-door Wrangler Sahara (Sold); 2021 Sarge Green 4-door Wrangler Rubicon; 1995 Ford F250 XLT 7.3L Powerstroke
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
But how did they get my number in the first place?
A month after I refinanced my house, I was talking to my lender about it. The credit bureaus sell your contact information when you apply for credit. You get house stuff when you apply for a mortgage and you get car stuff when you apply for an auto loan.
Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
What sucks for me is I run a business so I have to answer the calls because they can be legit. Nothing worse than being in the middle of a job, phone rings, stop, put down tools, pull gloves off one finger at a time, swipe phone, “High please don’t hang up. Your car warranty.....”, hang up, go to recents, block caller, say “Mother F***ers, put phone back on clip, put gloves back on, start work again, 5 minutes later phone rings, same thing.
How’s it not harassment?

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
You know what I’d like to know? How much business do they actually get from harassing people? I mean do you think after the 50th call I’m gonna go “ok I will buy your product so you stop calling me”?
The answer is NO, I f**king hate you and would use your competition before using you.

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Ordered, GMC Denal Diesel, Triumph Bonnie
On any thing you ever sign, write at the bottom of the document above your sig and the representatives (dealers) sig,”I understand that No personal information will be sold or given to a third party”. This once won me an out of court settlement with a dealer I’m not allowed to name.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
i got these calls but it actually was Jeep asking if i was interested in a Mopar extended warranty.

Sponsored

SilentWorker

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Oh, so sorry for you. You have to change your phone number as soon as possible and not use it anymore in warranties. That was the first time I heard about such an experience. Damn! I never use my real number when buying something or when I sign in to different forums or apps. That's dangerous. I also had a bad experience when different companies called me every day to offer different promotions. This annoyed me a lot. That's why now I use a temporary phone number where the SMS receive Germany is available. Recently I bought a phone, and in the warranty, I also introduced the temporary number. I recommend you do the same.

Last edited:

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The DMV sells your information. The " Do Not Call " federal agency must as well, because calls increased when I signed up for that. There are exemptions for Political calls.
One of the most useful features of my Google Pixel phone, Android 12, is that it has a "Gate Keeper ", calls not on your contact lists get interrogated before it rings ; reason for call, etc. You get a transcript, that takes out 99% of nuisance/Robo calls.
Sponsored