Sponsored

Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Ok... so I ordered these and it was a pretty simple install except for getting the little screws out with the right size screw driver to install the BSM sensors. A couple of the screws were tough to get out but not a big deal. My Rubi has the LED and safety package. The lights work without issue and look amazing. Worth the money just for the reverse lights. My only complaint is the BSM. Although the light on my mirror comes on... it's only with very large trucks when being passed or passing. Despite previous pictures from oracle showing that it is angled... I feel that it's still not angled out enough. JMO. I'm looking to figure out a way to adjust the angle out a little more to see if that improves the performance. If anyone has done this with decent results please chime in.
I used 2 sided foam tape. It's not the same as OEM but it's pretty close and acceptable to me. I used 2 pieces making a strip about 4-5mm thick. Next time I'm in there, I'll add another strip I think.
Sponsored

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 392
Occupation
IT
Anyone that does not have a programmer installed can reach out to our CS team at [email protected] to request a pair of harnesses be shipped to resolve the issue.

Emphasis on do not have a programmer installed - If you do and add these, you will continue to have issues.
As a potential customer this is frustrating. What is the harness accomplishing? Does it need to remain in line with the existing light and oem connector or is it temporary? I'm assuming this is to resolve the error message for OEM LED JL's.

your product listing page doesn't go into any of this detail.

https://www.oraclelights.com/products/jlflush?rq=mk_jeep~md_wrangler-jl~yr_2022

Also, on the installation video, the installer just rips off the resistor but leaves the wires hanging. I don't believe that's exactly correct installation is it?

My suggestion is update Post 1 with these updates vs having customers read through 70+ pages.

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As a potential customer this is frustrating. What is the harness accomplishing? Does it need to remain in line with the existing light and oem connector or is it temporary? I'm assuming this is to resolve the error message for OEM LED JL's.

your product listing page doesn't go into any of this detail.

https://www.oraclelights.com/products/jlflush?rq=mk_jeep~md_wrangler-jl~yr_2022

Also, on the installation video, the installer just rips off the resistor but leaves the wires hanging. I don't believe that's exactly correct installation is it?

My suggestion is update Post 1 with these updates vs having customers read through 70+ pages.
The harness contains an IC that mimics the one built into the OEM LED lamps that communicates with the TIPM. Yes, it does need to remain in line.

Jeep Wrangler JL Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL 1664981870808

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 392
Occupation
IT
The harness contains an IC that mimics the one built into the OEM LED lamps that communicates with the TIPM. Yes, it does need to remain in line.

Jeep Wrangler JL Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL 1664981870808

Is that adapter included with an order by default?

Sponsored

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that adapter included with an order by default?
Units produced recently have the IC built in. Harness not required. However, if depending on where you order these - You may not get that batch so you will need to request the parts from us directly.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
I have a set of these, new in box. For sale. Send a message.

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 392
Occupation
IT
I ordered them direct from Oracle so that the latest hardware was included. Got them yesterday and installed them last night.

No real issues except the little screws we have to remove from the taillight to install the BSM sensor suck. One was missing from one of my lights and when i was re-assembling, the head snapped off another.

Lastly, My BSM sensors as others have stated don't seem to detect correctly. I get no detection on the passenger side, and only detect Semi's on the driver's. I disassembled them again this morning and added some felt to the plastic housing holding the sensor to ever so slightly aim them down. Hopefully that helps.

On the plus side, no error messages and the lights function as normal and look great. I hated how the XR taillights stuck out even farther than the factory lights and these look perfect and flush to the body.

Some areas of improvement would be the housing for the BSM. The BSM sensor sits loose unlike the factory bracket which keeps it in place. That and making sure it is angled correctly. That and better quality screws for the frame.

Honestly I should have skipped the LED group from the factory and just gone aftermarket for all my lights but it is what it is.

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 392
Occupation
IT
Still no luck with the BSM. This is frustrating.
@ORACLElights what’s the feedback here? This really isn’t acceptable to be breaking a safety feature with your product.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
@ORACLElights what’s the feedback here? This really isn’t acceptable to be breaking a safety feature with your product.
I was able to get my BSM working well enough, with the method you described. I don't rely on them anyway, just never had them before. I will say I have also broken a couple of those tiny screw as well. Just got some new ones though.
Oracle knows the BSM doesn't work the greatest. The lights are clearly marked as "offroad only" on the box as well IIRC. Not much they can do for you except give you a refund I would imagine. Scroll through the thread, you wouldnt be the first.
Personally, between how they look and the amazing back up lighting I have now, I'll pay a "mod tax" and let the BSM thing slide.

Last edited:

Sponsored

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 392
Occupation
IT
Issue is my wife uses BSM.

I don’t want to keep taking them apart to tweak the BSM and break more screws.

I tested the BSM sensors in the originals and they work fine. I wonder if the plastic cover is too thick or something else is impacting the sensor. However I would have thought Oracle would have tested this before public sale.

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
Issue is my wife uses BSM.

I don’t want to keep taking them apart to tweak the BSM and break more screws.

I tested the BSM sensors in the originals and they work fine. I wonder if the plastic cover is too thick or something else is impacting the sensor. However I would have thought Oracle would have tested this before public sale.
It seems to be more about the angle causing the big issues.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
To be fair the bsm issue has been an issue since the beginning. If it was easy to do Jeep (and Oracle) likely would’ve done this from the start. I don’t see them revisiting this. Hope you find a hack that works.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
I ordered them direct from Oracle so that the latest hardware was included. Got them yesterday and installed them last night.

No real issues except the little screws we have to remove from the taillight to install the BSM sensor suck. One was missing from one of my lights and when i was re-assembling, the head snapped off another.

Lastly, My BSM sensors as others have stated don't seem to detect correctly. I get no detection on the passenger side, and only detect Semi's on the driver's. I disassembled them again this morning and added some felt to the plastic housing holding the sensor to ever so slightly aim them down. Hopefully that helps.

On the plus side, no error messages and the lights function as normal and look great. I hated how the XR taillights stuck out even farther than the factory lights and these look perfect and flush to the body.

Some areas of improvement would be the housing for the BSM. The BSM sensor sits loose unlike the factory bracket which keeps it in place. That and making sure it is angled correctly. That and better quality screws for the frame.

Honestly I should have skipped the LED group from the factory and just gone aftermarket for all my lights but it is what it is.
@commbubba19

The XR has the spacer that sits between the body and the light. Did you use the spacer or remove it? I’m guessing the spacer is used due to the 35” spare tire.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
@commbubba19

The XR has the spacer that sits between the body and the light. Did you use the spacer or remove it? I’m guessing the spacer is used due to the 35” spare tire.
You couldn't use the OEM spacer and these lights. And the majority of us are running 35s already I would imagine.
Sponsored