Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL

keg392

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR 392 XR
Tazer needed or not, BSM accurate or not, DOT approved or not..............Aside from these tail lights looking great - this thread is a disaster. Won't be buying these any time soon. Too many unreliable variables.

Unless a whole re-design takes place, all of these issues in their entirety will never go away.

Sssuperdave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392, 69 SS/RS Camaro, 2023Yukon
I ended up placing a small pice of weather stripping (not a permanent fix) to the top of the BSM where the screw is and it works! Now it is pointed level and can "see" the area where cars are. Oracle needs to do something like bkgray115 suggested with a different holder or just a spacer that fits just underneath the plastic area by the screw to fix this problem. Until Oracle provides a fix i'll look for a little more permanent one.
How did we go from you rigging this to work to others saying there is not a fix possible with the current design?

bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
How did we go from you rigging this to work to others saying there is not a fix possible with the current design?
For me it was looking at the mounting area, unless you cut up the inside of the light you not get hardly any movement the main supporting bracket locks everything in and then the mounting bracket goes on that. I was not willing to cut up the light so I couldn't return if it didn't help enough. Mine are getting returned in the morning.

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
I bought and installed these tonight. Will test tomorrow to ensure the BSM works correctly. I wish I had read through this thread before purchasing. Love the way these look but not at the expense of a safety feature not working accurately.

Sponsored

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
I bought and installed these tonight. Will test tomorrow to ensure the BSM works correctly. I wish I had read through this thread before purchasing. Love the way these look but not at the expense of a safety feature not working accurately.
Ok you can also add me to the list of BSM not working. It’s such a shame. The lights are extremely clean and so is the mechanism inside the light. I’m really disappointed.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Ok you can also add me to the list of BSM not working. It’s such a shame. The lights are extremely clean and so is the mechanism inside the light. I’m really disappointed.
I don't see how anyones BSM works at this point honestly

rcarbs

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
My BSM works. I described it a few pages back. I added a piece of weather stripping to the top of the BSM to point it down a little. Mine works. The BSM is currently aligned with the vertical plane of the light/jeep and pointed too high. Oracle can fix this.

Sponsored

bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
My BSM works. I described it a few pages back. I added a piece of weather stripping to the top of the BSM to point it down a little. Mine works. The BSM is currently aligned with the vertical plane of the light/jeep and pointed too high. Oracle can fix this.
Do you have a pic? as the top bracket sits down tight on the bracket holding the BSM unit I didn't see any room to adjust.

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
Mine is hit or miss with larger vehicles as well. Not picking up cars at all thought. Where exactly do I put the weather stripping?

rcarbs

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I removed the BSM and placed a small piece of weather stripping between the bracket and the light housing just below the screw hole on the top to point it lower. I don’t have a pic as they are installed.

Mike_1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
I removed the BSM and placed a small piece of weather stripping between the bracket and the light housing just below the screw hole on the top to point it lower. I don’t have a pic as they are installed.
Do you happen to know the size/thickness of the stripping?

rcarbs

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
It was about 3/16" because if I tried to go any thicker I was concerned that the screws that support the bracket may not fit/snug up the larger bracket.
Sponsored