Bocephus1963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon. 1976 K5 Blazer. 1995 S10 Blazer 4wd
Occupation
Forklift Operator
Update from oracle ->

My apologies for the late reply. The codes you are experiencing is going to be because of the vehicle and not the lights. What is happening is the vehicle is sensing something that is not the norm, like the aftermarket tail lights, and thinks something is wrong.

If you have the LED package on your vehicle and have removed the resistors on the taillight prior to installing them then you will need to change the programming on the vehicle by using a programmer such as a JSCAN or Tazer to set for aftermarket tail lights. This should also fix the issue for your blind spots.

The concern you have for DOT approved, to my knowledge there is no approval process for DOT so nothing aftermarket will carry this. We cannot advertise that it is for this reason.

I hope this clears things up and please let me know if you need anything else!

Does this mean they are no longer looking for a fix for the customers who dont have a Jscan or Tazer?
Sponsored

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update from oracle ->

My apologies for the late reply. The codes you are experiencing is going to be because of the vehicle and not the lights. What is happening is the vehicle is sensing something that is not the norm, like the aftermarket tail lights, and thinks something is wrong.

If you have the LED package on your vehicle and have removed the resistors on the taillight prior to installing them then you will need to change the programming on the vehicle by using a programmer such as a JSCAN or Tazer to set for aftermarket tail lights. This should also fix the issue for your blind spots.

The concern you have for DOT approved, to my knowledge there is no approval process for DOT so nothing aftermarket will carry this. We cannot advertise that it is for this reason.

I hope this clears things up and please let me know if you need anything else!

Brandy Ezell

Customer Relations | ORACLE Lighting

[email protected]

Direct: 504-405-3332 | Office: 1-800-407-5776

www.oraclelights.com
Does this mean they are no longer looking for a fix for the customers who dont have a Jscan or Tazer?
Hey Everyone,

Want to start here by apologizing for the confusion. Brandy is mistaken & we're working on that internally. She is not involved in the development of our products, so information can easily get mixed up / lost in translation. Again, apologies for this.

Just to clarify on a couple topics:

1. We are still actively working on a non-programmer work-around for the signal out false error for LED Jeeps - Still no ETA but we are working diligently to get one soon. At this time, the current only known work-around is Tazer or JSCAN.
2. Brandy is correct there is no formal approval process set forth by the DOT, but the ORACLE Lighting Flush Mount Tails are compliant.

Regarding BSM - The Flush Mount Tails serve no other purpose for the Blind Spot Sensors other than being a receptacle to house the OEM sensors. The angle of the sensor & connectors used, are identical to OEM. At the end of the day, nothing changes in terms of equipment other than the shell it sits in. It's a simple plastic cradle & wires to allow the same signal pass through as OEM. As long as those wires in the sensor plug are arranged properly relevant to the wires in the main connector, and those wires are all seated properly, there should be no error messages pertaining to BSM.

The actual functionality of the sensors & what they do and do not pick up is not something we have control over, as we cannot interface with the truck's software.

I hope this helps. Please PM myself or @ORACLElights with any other concerns.

Sssuperdave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 392, 69 SS/RS Camaro, 2023Yukon
Hey Everyone,

Want to start here by apologizing for the confusion. Brandy is mistaken & we're working on that internally. She is not involved in the development of our products, so information can easily get mixed up / lost in translation. Again, apologies for this.

Just to clarify on a couple topics:

1. We are still actively working on a non-programmer work-around for the signal out false error for LED Jeeps - Still no ETA but we are working diligently to get one soon. At this time, the current only known work-around is Tazer or JSCAN.
2. Brandy is correct there is no formal approval process set forth by the DOT, but the ORACLE Lighting Flush Mount Tails are compliant.

Regarding BSM - The Flush Mount Tails serve no other purpose for the Blind Spot Sensors other than being a receptacle to house the OEM sensors. The angle of the sensor & connectors used, are identical to OEM. At the end of the day, nothing changes in terms of equipment other than the shell it sits in. It's a simple plastic cradle & wires to allow the same signal pass through as OEM. As long as those wires in the sensor plug are arranged properly relevant to the wires in the main connector, and those wires are all seated properly, there should be no error messages pertaining to BSM.

The actual functionality of the sensors & what they do and do not pick up is not something we have control over, as we cannot interface with the truck's software.

I hope this helps. Please PM myself or @ORACLElights with any other concerns.
Thank you for your clear response.

As a potential buyer, I am still concerned with the BSM issue. There are too many comments on here saying there is a problem that it is holding me back from this purchase. You said as long as the wires are arranged and seated properly there should be no issues. Is this something that could easily happen and may be the issue?

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for your clear response.

As a potential buyer, I am still concerned with the BSM issue. There are too many comments on here saying there is a problem that it is holding me back from this purchase. You said as long as the wires are arranged and seated properly there should be no issues. Is this something that could easily happen and may be the issue?
Hi Dave,

There shouldn't be any error messages pertaining to the BSM, correct. It's really the only potential point of error pertaining to the sensors on our end as it's the only part of the light that actually interfaces with them. So, I felt it was worth mentioning.

We do include checking this in our QC process & I personally have gone through the wire arrangements with a fine tooth comb several times in the development process as this is a CTQ item on our control plan.

As far as being something that can easily happen, no. Easily resolved if it WERE to happen? Absolutely.

rcarbs

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I ordered my Oracle Flush LED tail lights for my 2021 JLUR with LED package last week and received/installed them today. Add me to the list of BSM not working. No error code but the system no longer picks up vehicles regardless of where they are. The installation was straightforward and once installed the lights functioned well. The only issue besides the BSM was an error code regarding turn signals and a fast flash on the dashboard. The lights themselves functioned well. I have a Taser which I needed to fix the error code regarding my turn signals. Hopefully Oracle can address this issue with the BSM. I'm not sure if I am going to keep them or return them based on this issue.

Sponsored

rcarbs

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I think I figured out what's wrong with the BSM and these lights. It's the vertical angle of the lights compared to factory. My BSM works 100% with taller vehicles such as trucks and vans but never detects cars. Looking at the way the lights align with the contour of the body panel the BSM's are pointed slightly up compared to factory. I am planning on disassembling and seeing if there is any way to "wedge" a small piece of weather stripping on the top of the BSM and see if that helps.

Last edited:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

Brandy Ezell
Customer Relations | ORACLE Lighting

[email protected]
Direct: 504-405-3332 | Office: 1-800-407-5776
An embossed "DOT" and/or "SAE" on a plastic headlight lens or elsewhere, or more precisely its absence, may be an issue in a State that has related language in the legislation that regulates annual vehicle safety inspections (where they benchmark manufacturing specs or standards that would reasonably invite DOT or SAE markings.)

This is a subject that I personally have to remain informed about. My Suzuki could technically fail its inspection since the aftermarket LED headlight module doesn't have the DOT marking thereon. This hasn't ever occurred, but I know that the fine print in State vehicle inspection regs (which is really what you all will want to acclimate yourselves with) could allow the tech to find an exception if he was inclined to do so. So too with the new Oracles on my Jeep, too, but I doubt that would occur either.

bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I think I figured out what's wrong with the BSM and these lights. It's the vertical angle of the lights compared to factory. My BSM works 100% with taller vehicles such as trucks and vans but never detects cars. Looking at the way the lights align with the contour of the body panel the BSM's are pointed slightly up compared to factory. I am planning on disassembling and seeing if there is any way to "wedge" a small piece of weather stripping on the bottom of the BSM and see if that helps.
I was thinking the same thing, I do a bit of 3d design and 3d printing I could print up new holders IF it has room for adjustments.I'll look into it when I take them off this weekend.

rcarbs

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I ended up placing a small pice of weather stripping (not a permanent fix) to the top of the BSM where the screw is and it works! Now it is pointed level and can "see" the area where cars are. Oracle needs to do something like bkgray115 suggested with a different holder or just a spacer that fits just underneath the plastic area by the screw to fix this problem. Until Oracle provides a fix i'll look for a little more permanent one.

Last edited:

jaysmooth24

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL
I think I figured out what's wrong with the BSM and these lights. It's the vertical angle of the lights compared to factory. My BSM works 100% with taller vehicles such as trucks and vans but never detects cars. Looking at the way the lights align with the contour of the body panel the BSM's are pointed slightly up compared to factory. I am planning on disassembling and seeing if there is any way to "wedge" a small piece of weather stripping on the top of the BSM and see if that helps.

I was going to come on here today and say the something, I noticed with taller vehicles as you mention, it works all the time but vehicles lower to the ground, it does not pick up. I will try to wedge something in there as well. Thanks !!!!

Sponsored

GBV

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
They are facing to the rear of the jeep factory is faced to the side no easy way to fix this. Both light are RH side and sitting rear side down.

Jeep Wrangler JL Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL 20220128_134206
Yep, completely different angles that shimming won't fix.

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Yep, completely different angles that shimming won't fix.

Why I said this in a previous post

Oh wow! So, this may be pointing to a problem due to positioning of the sensor within the light. The other two issues can be fixed with software. This may need redesigning of the light to place the sensor at a different angle. @ORACLElights hopefully can solve all issues.

Then a representative at @ORACLElights gave the following answer in their defense.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ights-for-jeep-wrangler-jl.77056/post-1809410

Almost positive there will be a need for a revised Gen II lights. The question is, what will happen to us with Gen I lights? Seems the focus is being placed on the software issues. Again, I like the lights and they are installed now. The intermittent/random function of the BSM sensor may get old. I don't know how I feel about it yet.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. The two housings are not interchangeable so someone could not make this error.

Our development team has looked into the reports about the BSM not performing as expected. First, we would recommend ensuring that the tail light is clean. This is a known problem with JLs and is noted in the owner’s manual: “The area on taillights, where the radar sensors are located, must remain free of snow, ice, and dirt/road contamination so that the BSM system can function properly. Do not block the taillights where the radar sensors are located with foreign objects (bumper stickers, bicycle racks, etc.).” If anyone has further questions after this, please let us know.

This is not the case. I understand that it may look that way based on the external panel position, but the sensor is not angled to shoot directly out the back. The interior sensor cradle is angled similarly to the OEM tail light towards the corners. Here's a photo of this:

Jeep Wrangler JL Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL 20220128_134206

-Rachel
Yup, I know it’s angled. It’s still positioned differently than OEM due to the design of the mold. Coverage will be different.

I think they’re good lights. When the codes etc are sorted out I’ll be happy to buy again.
They are facing to the rear of the jeep factory is faced to the side no easy way to fix this. Both light are RH side and sitting rear side down.

Don’t have these anymore so I’m glad you were able to post the side by side.

KJKWillys

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Granite Crystal Willys - 6 Speed Manual
Just to clarify, because there seems to be some confusion here. Our light has a bracket that holds the sensor at an angle the same way the factory tail light has a bracket that holds the sensor at an angle inside the factory tail light cavity.

From an exploded top view you can clearly see the despite the cover facing mostly back the sensor is installed at an angle. The same way that despite the factory cover facing mostly sideways its actually held with the factory bracket at an angle.
Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 9.03.59 AM.png

We also road tested this exact setup pre-production with a BSM equipped Wrangler to detect and confirm blind spot and cross traffic function with our setup.
Is the sensor installed at the SAME angle as the original to get matching coverage area?
Sponsored

Last edited: