First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Occupation
Extreme metal drummer/ large cat wrangler / gun modder
Yeah for whatever reason my BSM isn't functioning either. I drove around 60 miles today and my passenger side never turned on, driver side maybe 2 times
That’s about how mine are working. I may end up just putting the OEMs back on as I see that as a really useful technology and paid for it.
Sponsored

SSVi

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Occupation
Extreme metal drummer/ large cat wrangler / gun modder
There has to be a more solid quality control and testing that goes into releasing a new product for ANY company that uses the phrase "Plug & Play"! I no longer trust that any company takes the time or investment to actually make that statement true. Hence waiting when any new product comes to market. Oracle has a great design team and I'm sure means well, they are engaged here with the customer and always try to do the right thing ....but! Plug and Play means exactly that. At some point that phrase becomes like crying wolf and the customer will stay away.
Now to be fair, I can‘t imagine the amount of variables that go into a product with all this technology packed into it. When my Glock Tyr triggers were going through the design process and eventually released, they were working in 100% of the Glocks I had test fitted them to.
Sell to the masses.
Find out EVERY Glock in existence has all sorts of slight variations in molding.
Receive roughly one billion emails needing support.
Slight dimension changes based on customer feedback.
Happy customers.

Its not like I used the average joe as my product testers, these kinds of things just happen no matter how well you think you’ve done your due diligence. I’m having the same BSM barely working issues as others, but I’m hoping an “Ah-ha!” moment happens on Oracle’s behalf and it all gets sorted out. If not, I’ll still totally recommend them to anyone not running/caring about BSM.

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Now to be fair, I can‘t imagine the amount of variables that go into a product with all this technology packed into it. When my Glock Tyr triggers were going through the design process and eventually released, they were working in 100% of the Glocks I had test fitted them to.
Sell to the masses.
Find out EVERY Glock in existence has all sorts of slight variations in molding.
Receive roughly one billion emails needing support.
Slight dimension changes based on customer feedback.
Happy customers.

Its not like I used the average joe as my product testers, these kinds of things just happen no matter how well you think you’ve done your due diligence. I’m having the same BSM barely working issues as others, but I’m hoping an “Ah-ha!” moment happens on Oracle’s behalf and it all gets sorted out. If not, I’ll still totally recommend them to anyone not running/caring about BSM.
Thank you for sharing.

Yes, I agree. This is a new design and inherently, new designs come with some, usually minor issues.

I would still recommend these lights as well, but currently, my recommendation will come with some warnings to the new buyers. I'm aware @ORACLElights is working hard to get the issues resolved. I'm patient, so I can wait. My lights are installed, and love them enough to keep them installed.

bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Just to clarify, because there seems to be some confusion here. Our light has a bracket that holds the sensor at an angle the same way the factory tail light has a bracket that holds the sensor at an angle inside the factory tail light cavity.

From an exploded top view you can clearly see the despite the cover facing mostly back the sensor is installed at an angle. The same way that despite the factory cover facing mostly sideways its actually held with the factory bracket at an angle.
Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 9.03.59 AM.png

We also road tested this exact setup pre-production with a BSM equipped Wrangler to detect and confirm blind spot and cross traffic function with our setup.
I am sure I remember the BSM sitting flat as the light was sitting on the rear flat side during installing. Anyone have a pic?

Sponsored

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey
I am sure I remember the BSM sitting flat as the light was sitting on the rear flat side during installing. Anyone have a pic?
Mine were definitely angled, I remember because I noted the difference of the angle vs the flatness of the cover.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
@ORACLElights

What's the issue then?... that BSM is not working with these lights for guys that have installed the offering ...
Could be a multitude of issues. According to FCA even something as simple as the tai light being dirty can cause a BSM fault to occur. As stated before we have personally tested the cross traffic and blind spot sensors on a Wrangler with no issues. Unfortunately we do not have the capabilities to access FCA's proprietary system to diagnose why their equipment is not functioning correctly on your particular vehicle. If you are not happy with the function of the BSM you are welcome to return the tail lights for a full refund.

bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Could be a multitude of issues. According to FCA even something as simple as the tai light being dirty can cause a BSM fault to occur. As stated before we have personally tested the cross traffic and blind spot sensors on a Wrangler with no issues. Unfortunately we do not have the capabilities to access FCA's proprietary system to diagnose why their equipment is not functioning correctly on your particular vehicle. If you are not happy with the function of the BSM you are welcome to return the tail lights for a full refund.
That is not what I was told -> I am sorry to hear that you are wishing to return these tail lights. Our return policy or all items is you can return for any reason as long as it is within 30 days of receiving it and the product has not been used or installed. If you would like for us to inspect them to see if they are eligible for return you can process this return by visiting returns.oraclelights.com.

bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
The bad part is I would keep them IF the BSM worked right. kicking on from a car behind you isn't a dirty turn light it is sensor placement.

Sponsored

jaysmooth24

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL
I’ve been following this thread since it started as I was early in the pre-order bunch. When I received my lights, I was hesitant to install because of all the issues. I decided to install them today, I do not have a tazer or jscan, but I do have a superchips flashcal and followed similar instructions. Mind you, I am very anal and the ONLY issue I have so far is that my passenger side light doesn’t fit snugged. It’s seated properly but it has some play on it. I will try again tomorrow to see if I can somehow fix that issue. I also have BSM and it seemed to work fine, only one car drove by me though so I will monitor it more and see. Overall, clean look and I do agree something could of been done with the dead space where the logo is.

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Just to clarify, because there seems to be some confusion here. Our light has a bracket that holds the sensor at an angle the same way the factory tail light has a bracket that holds the sensor at an angle inside the factory tail light cavity.

From an exploded top view you can clearly see the despite the cover facing mostly back the sensor is installed at an angle. The same way that despite the factory cover facing mostly sideways its actually held with the factory bracket at an angle.
Jeep Wrangler JL Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL IMG_6556

We also road tested this exact setup pre-production with a BSM equipped Wrangler to detect and confirm blind spot and cross traffic function with our setup.
Angle is necessary but not sufficient. I kept my original lights because of their offset from the body. That offset improves the sensors "sight" around the fender and the spare tire. Just my 2 cents worth.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
installed mine last night. have the tail warning and will work to correct that later.

the reverse lights are fantastic and these things look great. these should have come from the factory.

bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Update from oracle ->

My apologies for the late reply. The codes you are experiencing is going to be because of the vehicle and not the lights. What is happening is the vehicle is sensing something that is not the norm, like the aftermarket tail lights, and thinks something is wrong.

If you have the LED package on your vehicle and have removed the resistors on the taillight prior to installing them then you will need to change the programming on the vehicle by using a programmer such as a JSCAN or Tazer to set for aftermarket tail lights. This should also fix the issue for your blind spots.

The concern you have for DOT approved, to my knowledge there is no approval process for DOT so nothing aftermarket will carry this. We cannot advertise that it is for this reason.

I hope this clears things up and please let me know if you need anything else!

Brandy Ezell

Customer Relations | ORACLE Lighting

[email protected]

Direct: 504-405-3332 | Office: 1-800-407-5776

www.oraclelights.com
Sponsored

Last edited: