Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL

IAMTHEBEASTIWORSHIP

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU
received and installed mine today. super easy job, had them on in about 30 min. replaced factory halogen bulbs, no dash indicator or hyper-flash issues. i guess i'll consider myself lucky that mine came stock w/crappy halogens.. :)

ps, the back-up lights (my main gripe w/the halogens) are bright as hell! was seeing spots for a min after testing them out.

dirtdigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
received and installed mine today. super easy job, had them on in about 30 min. replaced factory halogen bulbs, no dash indicator or hyper-flash issues. i guess i'll consider myself lucky that mine came stock w/crappy halogens.. :)

ps, the back-up lights (my main gripe w/the halogens) are bright as hell! was seeing spots for a min after testing them out.
Anyone know if these are DOT Approved? I really want these, but yearly safety checks need DOT approved lights in Hawaii.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
DOT doesn’t approve lights. These are not technically DOT compliant unless you add the included reflectors.

Sponsored

RubiconToad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon - Granite Crystal
Clubs

I have a Tazer.

Was just chatting with Oracle, they suggest I unmarry the Tazer to see if that fixes the issue.
Unmarried my Tazer, turn signals now work, but of course I now get the Turn Signal Out errors. Ugh!
Going to go through the Tazer steps from above, crossing my fingers.
Not to beat a dead horse, but holy crap, not good quality control processes.

GH05T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Unmarried my Tazer, turn signals now work, but of course I now get the Turn Signal Out errors. Ugh!
Going to go through the Tazer steps from above, crossing my fingers.
Not to beat a dead horse, but holy crap, not good quality control processes.

Changing tail lights:

clear the DTC's first then toggle LED tails no/yes, toggle BSM to no/yes

full reboot and 3 sleep cycles then start the Jeep and turn left/right turn signals for at least 20 seconds each.

RubiconToad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon - Granite Crystal
Clubs

Changing tail lights:

clear the DTC's first then toggle LED tails no/yes, toggle BSM to no/yes

full reboot and 3 sleep cycles then start the Jeep and turn left/right turn signals for at least 20 seconds each.
I'm golden now, this did the trick, thank you.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
This may need redesigning of the light to place the sensor at a different angle. @ORACLElights hopefully can solve all issues.
Just to clarify, because there seems to be some confusion here. Our light has a bracket that holds the sensor at an angle the same way the factory tail light has a bracket that holds the sensor at an angle inside the factory tail light cavity.

From an exploded top view you can clearly see the despite the cover facing mostly back the sensor is installed at an angle. The same way that despite the factory cover facing mostly sideways its actually held with the factory bracket at an angle.
Jeep Wrangler JL Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 9.03.59 AM

We also road tested this exact setup pre-production with a BSM equipped Wrangler to detect and confirm blind spot and cross traffic function with our setup.

Sponsored

Cbacon

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Just to clarify, because there seems to be some confusion here. Our light has a bracket that holds the sensor at an angle the same way the factory tail light has a bracket that holds the sensor at an angle inside the factory tail light cavity.

From an exploded top view you can clearly see the despite the cover facing mostly back the sensor is installed at an angle. The same way that despite the factory cover facing mostly sideways its actually held with the factory bracket at an angle.
Jeep Wrangler JL Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 9.03.59 AM

We also road tested this exact setup pre-production with a BSM equipped Wrangler to detect and confirm blind spot and cross traffic function with our setup.
Then why does mine only work 5% of the time?

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 9.03.59 AM.png

Then, either the angle is not at the correct degree, or the plastic between the sensor and outside is too thick or the wrong material. Maybe only the sensor end behind the Jeep, and not to the side of the Jeep, is detecting anything. The thickness/distance between the sensor and outside seems to change from one end to the other when looking at the picture you provided.

I made sure my sensors are placed as instructed. My post was in response to the experience @bkgray115 shared. That doesn't sound like a software issue, but a design/placement problem.

Last edited:

SSVi

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Occupation
Extreme metal drummer/ large cat wrangler / gun modder
The XR has a spacer, about an inch or so, that pushes the tailights out, for some reason that I have not been able to find. I even went as far as to search through Jeeps website, but cannot find any mention of why, not that I thought there would be any info there.
Derp, after swapping mine its just something I overlooked and took for granted. Apologies!
Sponsored