Sponsored

Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Anyone pulled on your tail lights a bit after installing them? I’m finding that plastic bolt seems to be coming loose..
No, but those plastic "bolts" screw in a lot further than I thought they would. We're yours fully tighter with thenTprx from tool kit or equivalent? Mine are solid as a rock.
Sponsored

GH05T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited
No, but those plastic "bolts" screw in a lot further than I thought they would. We're yours fully tighter with thenTprx from tool kit or equivalent? Mine are solid as a rock.
Yeah I believe when they’re fully tight, the bolts start clicking. They’re tight, but for some reason the tail lights can move a bit still on the body of the Jeep. Like I can pull them off about 1mm or so. Maybe because they’re aren’t as many posts on these lights securing them in place.

GH05T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has ANYONE who got these with LEDs and BSM actually gotten BSM to work in any sort of OEM fashion? Legit question.
I have.... I may just be guessing here, but I think the BSM takes some time to re-learn the new tail lights. It has started working better for me every day that I drive.

I have a Tazer and I toggled the LED tails to No then Yes... and then toggled the BSM to No then Yes... and then did the full reboot and 3 sleep cycles to reset everything. That seems to have worked. The BSM seems to be more active, every day that I drive. Not sure if I'm blowing smoke or not, or if I'm correct that the sensors need time to re-learn the new enclosures.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I have.... I may just be guessing here, but I think the BSM takes some time to re-learn the new tail lights. It has started working better for me every day that I drive.

I have a Tazer and I toggled the LED tails to No then Yes... and then toggled the BSM to No then Yes... and then did the full reboot and 3 sleep cycles to reset everything. That seems to have worked. The BSM seems to be more active, every day that I drive. Not sure if I'm blowing smoke or not, or if I'm correct that the sensors need time to re-learn the new enclosures.
We're you getting a BSM error on start up though or just nothing? I have a fault that says left BsM is out on JScan so it kills the whole system on start. Just gotta get my ass out in the cold to pull the light to make it work.

I LOVE hearing that they work for you though. That gives me a glimmer of hope.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Yeah I believe when they’re fully tight, the bolts start clicking. They’re tight, but for some reason the tail lights can move a bit still on the body of the Jeep. Like I can pull them off about 1mm or so. Maybe because they’re aren’t as many posts on these lights securing them in place.
Mine don't click at all. They just tighten. Theyre plastic so I wouldn't tighten them to German torque.

Sponsored

GH05T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We're you getting a BSM error on start up though or just nothing? I have a fault that says left BsM is out on JScan so it kills the whole system on start. Just gotta get my ass out in the cold to pull the light to make it work.

I LOVE hearing that they work for you though. That gives me a glimmer of hope.
Zero errors with Tazer

GH05T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, but after you installed, before you used Tazer, did you get a BSM error on start?
No, because I immediately ran the Tazer “fix” before I drove off with them installed. Not sure why people were waiting around to see if they’d get errors. The tail lights changed, need to program for them immediately.

At the end of the day, the Tazer fix not really a “fix”, it’s a reprogram. Any LED Jeep that you’re swapping lights out on, needs to be programmed for immediately.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
No, because I immediately ran the Tazer fix before I drove off with them installed. Not sure why people were waiting around to see if they’d get errors. The tail lights changed, need to program for them immediately.
You would have known right away. You don't have time to change setting before it pops up on start. So you have a good set that makes contact. Good to know

GH05T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You would have known right away. You don't have time to change setting before it pops up on start. So you have a good set that makes contact. Good to know
I didn’t start the Jeep before I drove off with them installed…. I installed them, put the Jeep in ignition “run” mode, programmed for them, ran the sleep cycles and then drove off. So, there wasn’t an opportunity for the system to read that the tail lights had changed before I had them programmed correctly.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I didn’t start the Jeep before I drove off with them installed…. I installed them, put the Jeep in ignition “run” mode, programmed for them, ran the sleep cycles and then drove off. So, there wasn’t an opportunity for the system to read that the tail lights had changed before I had them programmed correctly.
It doesn't need to be running. It throws the error as soon as you start up in about 5 seconds.

Anyway, I just swapped sides and still getting a BSM error. I also have a "short" code because I don't have a rear plate light plugged into the connector as I relocated mine.

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I did the same, did the tazer no/yes deal prior to driving. I never received any errors LED/BSM, etc. I'm sure it was on in "run" position for more than 5 seconds before I even got started messing with tazer settings. I haven't drove on any 2 lane highway yet to see if BSM activates same/similar to factory. I love the bright ass reverse lights!

GH05T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It doesn't need to be running. It throws the error as soon as you start up in about 5 seconds.

Anyway, I just swapped sides and still getting a BSM error. I also have a "short" code because I don't have a rear plate light plugged into the connector as I relocated mine.
I've never had any warnings or error codes from these lights for any reason. So, I'm not sure what the cause of your error is.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I've never had any warnings or error codes from these lights for any reason. So, I'm not sure what the cause of your error is.
I think I'm getting closer to sorting it out. I think it's tied to the fact I don't have a plate light connected to the stock plate connection. I could be wrong. I was hoping Oracle would be here today to help. I guess not.

Edit. Now that I think of it. I wasn't getting any BSM errors with the stock lights and BSM and the rear plate wasn't installed then either.

@JP_Oracle it would be really nice to get a response from your company as to how to deal with my issue and the others who have malfunctioning BSM or errors.

Last edited:

RubiconToad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon - Granite Crystal
Clubs

Just installed my flush mount units. No error codes, but the turn signals do not flash. My Jeep came with the LED tail lights and no BSM.

I haven't seen anyone else with this issue yet, unless I missed it in the thread.
Sponsored