Sponsored

Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the blind spot and cross traffic sensors have a mounting location inside of the lights and there is a blank panel for the sensor to transmit through. We had the same challenge of incorporating the sensors on the Gladiator version of the lights and that worked very well. The JL lights are slightly different and we will be road testing these with sensors as soon as we have off-tool parts in hand but we do not anticipate any major issues with the sensors.

Here is a break-out to show what we did to accommodate the factory system (if equipped).
Is there going to be any reduced functionality from the sensors? I imagine so, but am wondering what your testing shows.

Any chance some of us could get prototypes to help? Kind of a beta testing phase?
Sponsored

frankorego

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR Hard Rock (sold) 2021 JLUR 392
Occupation
Manager
Is there going to be any reduced functionality from the sensors? I imagine so, but am wondering what your testing shows.

Any chance some of us could get prototypes to help? Kind of a beta testing phase?
Concur with testing. I live in Quebec and would volunteer for the winter portion of the testing. We have ice/snow buildup on the lights and I am curious about how that would affect visibility and the sensors.

dougiebros

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Might be a stupid question.....but what if you have the standard taillights without the sensors? I have the LED package in front, but standard lights in back. This would be a nice upgrade for LED's all around.

Bran_jlr

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Might be a stupid question.....but what if you have the standard taillights without the sensors? I have the LED package in front, but standard lights in back. This would be a nice upgrade for LED's all around.
I'm in the same boat. They will be a nice upgrade, you just won't have to deal with sensors. We'll just leave that part alone.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing

We haven't encountered an issue there with the JT version. The JL lights are slightly different, and we will be road testing these with sensors as soon as we have off-tool parts in hand. But we do not anticipate any major issues with the sensors.

At the moment, we don't need beta testers but will touch base if we do later on, thanks!

Yep, will still work for you! Just won't have the sensor portion to swap over during the install.

How's everyone's Friday going?

-Rachel

Sponsored

Bran_jlr

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
We haven't encountered an issue there with the JT version. The JL lights are slightly different, and we will be road testing these with sensors as soon as we have off-tool parts in hand. But we do not anticipate any major issues with the sensors.

At the moment, we don't need beta testers but will touch base if we do later on, thanks!

Yep, will still work for you! Just won't have the sensor portion to swap over during the install.

How's everyone's Friday going?

-Rachel

Great! It's my day off so no complaints here. I'm just stoked to get my hands on a set of these lights. Lol

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Can’t wait to order these! Haven’t seen an aftermarket tail light I’ve liked until these (sorry @ORACLElights it a fan of the blackouts). Based on how well the oculus headlights work, I’d say these are going to be a home run too.

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
@ORACLElights I was wondering is there a forum discount code? I'm ordering figured I'd ask before I paid. Thanks.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation

Sponsored

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
so if you don't have the sensors then that's just a blank panel? maybe you guys could design an accessory extra reverse light to fit in that spot? (can't have too much back up lighting on a JL)

Reactions: AFD
OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
so if you don't have the sensors then that's just a blank panel? maybe you guys could design an accessory extra reverse light to fit in that spot? (can't have too much back up lighting on a JL)
Hey Dave, we are actually looking into options for that panel to possibly have modular accessory options. That'll come down the line.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation