Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL

Yorkie3621

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S. Silver/Tan
I cant elaborate on which is better, I've not tried Tazer. I chose OBDjscan because I already had experience using a bluetooth code reader with Torque (app used with smart phones to display the code readers output). Also the price is less, OBDjscan was $22 and code reader is less than $50 bypass cable was $35 I think. (I dedicated the code reader to my Wrangler) I have the bypass cable and an extension cable & I leave the code reader installed full time.
Edit: My Wrangler is a Sport S this may not be the same with other trims.

After connecting to the vehicle this is the first screen, tap on Adaptation:
jscan1.jpg

On second screen tap LED lights settings:
jscan2.jpg

On the 3rd screen change these 4 settings:
jscan3.jpg

Tap each one at a time and select the drop down triangle tap active and ok:
jscan5.jpg

When you return to this screen tap GO :
jscan4.jpg
thank you for this. I have installed flush mounting LED Oracle lights and kee getting the rear bulb out warning. I went through this process and they were all already showing as active so I toggled to deactivate and then back to active but no change. Any advice?
the Jeep came with les rear lights but not with the full led package, just rear led lights. Iā€™ve had aftermarket led lights for the past two years without any modification or problems, just plug and play. These are the only ones giving me a problem.
Thanks for your help
Sponsored

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
thank you for this. I have installed flush mounting LED Oracle lights and kee getting the rear bulb out warning. I went through this process and they were all already showing as active so I toggled to deactivate and then back to active but no change. Any advice?
the Jeep came with les rear lights but not with the full led package, just rear led lights. Iā€™ve had aftermarket led lights for the past two years without any modification or problems, just plug and play. These are the only ones giving me a problem.
Thanks for your help
This is how I did it on my Sport S with halogen taillights, I think the procedure may be a bit different for a Wrangler that came with OEM LEDs. There is a post somewhere in this thread that details the steps to take if your Wrangler has OEM LEDs.

Yorkie3621

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is how I did it on my Sport S with halogen taillights, I think the procedure may be a bit different for a Wrangler that came with OEM LEDs. There is a post somewhere in this thread that details the steps to take if your Wrangler has OEM LEDs.
Thank you

Yorkie3621

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any set of tails you buy for your Jeep, since it's LED from the factory, will do the same thing. This is caused by removing the tail lights, which has a proprietary IC built in that tells the Jeep it's there. We are working to reverse engineer the IC and it's programming to remedy this. We are working as fast as our engineering and supply chains allow.

If you're not happy, return them.
Thank you for your reply.

Iā€™m perplexed though, Iā€™ve already had aftermarket LED lights on this for two years and didnā€™t have to do anything other than plug them in and go, so help me understand why I need to do something different than yours, but yet youā€™re saying it happens to every aftermarket LED light.

iā€™m not trying to be difficult. I just donā€™t think the solution is to return them. The solution is to make a product market ready before you sell it.

JP_Oracle

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your help
From JSCAN website:

Jeep Wrangler JL Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL JSCAN

Thank you for your reply.

Iā€™m perplexed though, Iā€™ve already had aftermarket LED lights on this for two years and didnā€™t have to do anything other than plug them in and go, so help me understand why I need to do something different than yours, but yet youā€™re saying it happens to every aftermarket LED light.

iā€™m not trying to be difficult. I just donā€™t think the solution is to return them. The solution is to make a product market ready before you sell it.
We have yet to encounter a tail light that does not do this with LED equipped Jeeps. PM me details on the ones you had and i'll be happy to look into this.

The above documentation was pulled direct from JSCAN's website. Now, let's ask ourselves... why would these developers spend their resources to research and write code to make these parameters changeable, if this wasn't already an existing issue that needed to be resolved?

Keep in mind, the Tazer and JSCAN both existed before the tails.

Sponsored

Yorkie3621

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From JSCAN website:

Jeep Wrangler JL Flush Mount Style LED Tail Lights for Jeep Wrangler JL JSCAN

We have yet to encounter a tail light that does not do this with LED equipped Jeeps. PM me details on the ones you had and i'll be happy to look into this.

The above documentation was pulled direct from JSCAN's website. Now, let's ask ourselves... why would these developers spend their resources to research and write code to make these parameters changeable, if this wasn't already an existing issue that needed to be resolved?

Keep in mind, the Tazer and JSCAN both existed before the tails.
the previous LED aftermarket tail lights are the sequential lights from wingate. Plugged right on and ran perfect for two years. Sold them to someone else and theyā€™re running perfectly on that Jeep. Give wingate a call, they can help you fix yours.
ler me know when your engineers have a solution.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
the previous LED aftermarket tail lights are the sequential lights from wingate. Plugged right on and ran perfect for two years. Sold them to someone else and theyā€™re running perfectly on that Jeep. Give wingate a call, they can help you fix yours.
ler me know when your engineers have a solution.
Got a link? Cant find any tail lights made by a "wingate".

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Hmm. So it can be done. Also something I like reading in the "about us" at Winjet:

"In order to comply with safety regulations, all Winjet Group quality products are compliant with all applicable federal regulations, such as SAE and D.O.T.; as well as compliant to FMVSS No. 108. All products are manufactured in our own state-of-the-art ISO 9001:2008, TS16949:2001, ROHS quality certified manufacturing factory."

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Must be these... https://winjetinc.com/products/rene...ightbars-sequential-turn-signals-black-smoke/

• Built-in high capacity resistors prevent hyper-flashing and bypass the factory error code.
  • Plug & Play easy installation, no rewiring or modification on the original circuit needed.
Hmm. So it can be done. Also something I like reading in the "about us" at Winjet:

"In order to comply with safety regulations, all Winjet Group quality products are compliant with all applicable federal regulations, such as SAE and D.O.T.; as well as compliant to FMVSS No. 108. All products are manufactured in our own state-of-the-art ISO 9001:2008, TS16949:2001, ROHS quality certified manufacturing factory."
Sorry, but other than being LED, those are nowhere near as nice looking as the flush mounts. Maybe for someone going from halogens but certainly not better than stock LED either.

And due to their bread box like size they're probably pretty easy to implement the IC chip that at the moment Oracle can't wedge into theirs.

Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I realize they're not as nice as the flush mounts but less problematic it appears. I just bought a set to replace my broken driver rear.

I don't care for the blackout types and any issues which could cause me a police stop... I try to stay away from cops if at all possible lol. If I have a taillight on the fritz I'd def get pulled over with my luck.

And I bought them off amazon so if they cause me any probs I can return them to amazon. I'll save my stock broken ones for backup if these fail. If they do, I'm done with aftermarket lights. I'll just buy another stock driver side.

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Sorry, but other than being LED, those are nowhere near as nice looking as the flush mounts. Maybe for someone going from halogens but certainly not better than stock LED either.

And due to their bread box like size they're probably pretty easy to implement the IC chip that at the moment Oracle can't wedge into theirs.
I agree with you regarding the looks of the Oracle lights. I've said it before, the look is great, but there is a lot to be desired when it comes to quality. I don't know where the lights are made. I am also aware great quality products can come from any country just like bad ones.

Vinjet seems to be proud of the lights' quality and make it clear they are manufactured in the US. I pasted that because I liked that whole statement.

I hope this is perceived as constructive criticism.

proptied

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR Snazz
I agree with you regarding the looks of the Oracle lights. I've said it before, the look is great, but there is a lot to be desired when it comes to quality. I don't know where the lights are made. I am also aware great quality products can come from any country just like bad ones.

Vinjet seems to be proud of the lights' quality and make it clear they are manufactured in the US. I pasted that because I liked that whole statement.

I hope this is perceived as constructive criticism.
Winjet products are not manufactured in the US. They are a Chinese company with a Chinese manufacturing facility and a US distribution network.

While Oracle's are still made overseas (albeit at what seems like a quality manufacturer), they are a US-based company.

The only US manufactured Jeep lighting I can think of come from JW Speaker (there may be more), but they don't have a great selection for JLs yet.

byhumba

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Winjet products are not manufactured in the US. They are a Chinese company with a Chinese manufacturing facility and a US distribution network.

While Oracle's are still made overseas (albeit at what seems like a quality manufacturer), they are a US-based company.

The only US manufactured Jeep lighting I can think of come from JW Speaker (there may be more), but they don't have a great selection for JLs yet.
Ah I see. Thanks for clarifying. What I think of Oracle Lights' quality stands. I had them and was not impressed. Quality, maybe just like beauty, is in the eye if the beholder.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
With a name like 'winjet' I figured they were Chinese... like you say, not many (if ANY) lighting products are made in the US.
Sponsored